Thread: Lock Target (v1.80, Jul/04/2010)

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Lock Target (v1.80, Jul/04/2010)

This mod is essentially a revamped Don't Deselect, with many extra features and improved compatibility.

Requires Mod Options Framework

If you disable this mod, and are having problems with double-select-centering, go into the console (ctrl+f8) and enter "cg_cmdrDoubleSelectTime 500" without the quotes.

Download:
    Requires HoN Mod Manager and Mod Options Framework

v1.80: locktarget.honmod
    Features:
    Don't Deselect
    When your currently selected target enters the fog or becomes invisible, it won't be deselected. This allows you to continue to view that target's items/health/mana.
    (Note, this will NOT update the target's information. It simply shows the information from the last time the target was visible.)

When the target is visible and active (and the target's information is being updated), the UI looks like this:

When the target is not visible, it is inactive (and the target's information is NOT being updated), the UI looks like this:

Press ESC, or whatever key you rebound it to, to clear the target, and display the normal command buttons.

Automatic Reselect
    If your selected target enters the fog, and then later re-emerges, this mod will automatically reselect him.
    The same applies to invisibility. If your target goes invisible, this mod will reselect him as soon as he becomes visible.

Attack Target Hotkey
    This mod adds a rebindable-hotkey to the game options. This hotkey is called "Attack Target"
    When you press this hotkey, your hero will automatically try to attack the target you have selected.

Also, if you are currently choosing the target of an ability (ie. you are using the cross-hair cursor), and you press this hotkey, your hero will automatically use that ability on your selected target.

Announce Target Hotkey
    This will display the name of the current target in Team Chat

Known Issues
    Code:
    -The attack/move icons are greyed out. This is to prevent a bug that would occur if you click them. To move/attack, use a hotkey.
    -Double-select-centering is disabled (other than for your hero) when your target is inactive.
    Changelog
    Code:
    v1.80
    -All Right Click Deny functionality removed.
    v1.70
    -Updated for HoN v1.0.0
    v1.60
    -Integrated Right Click Deny
    -Moved the hotkeys to Mod Options Framework
    -Added announce target hotkey
    -Fixed a bug with left-click becoming nonresponsive
    v1.51
    -Fixed a bug with left clicking while in spectator
    v1.50
    -Updated for FE2
    v1.40
    -Fixed another control bug
    -Double selecting your hero will now center the camera correctly.
    v1.30
    -Fixed a bug that prevented you from controlling Wildsoul's bear or ophelia's creeps
    v1.2
    -Fixed a bug that caused your hero to freeze when you issue attack/move/patrol commands
    -Fixed a bug with conflicting hotkeys
    -Fixed a bug that caused an annoying clicking sound to loop when the target is inactive
    v1.1
    -Fixed a bug that would cause a spam of "Invalid Target" when your target was inactive.
    -This mod will no longer permanently set cg_cmdrDoubleSelectTime to 0
    -Fixed a bug that allowed the Attack Target hotkey to work when you have no target selected.
    v1.0
    -Initial release
    Last edited by AsiaPingPong; 07-04-2010 at 03:51 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Ottawa, Canada, Earth, Sol Sector, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe
    Nice.
    Last edited by MaxGhost; 02-21-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Account Icon
    "This mod adds a rebindable-hotkey to the game options. This hotkey is called "Attack Target"
    When you press this hotkey, your hero will automatically try to attack the target you have selected."

I can see much use for this ^^. Thanks

Perfect, now, can we get a MiniUI compatible version? It works with MiniUI, it's just missing the indicator for active or inactive.

So this makes juking very very hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Grigden View Post
    holy cow, f5 makes a page refresh! why wasnt i informed 8 years ago? this changes everything

Account Icon
    edit: disregard this
    Last edited by neivax8; 02-21-2010 at 05:03 AM.

Account Icon
    Nice work Asia!
    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    20:11:48 | Sephinator: I got a small window.
    20:11:53 | Sephinator: I hate clouds.
    20:13:59 | SoundWizard: I hate sephiroth wannabes
    20:14:35 | @Warchamp7: i c wut u did
    Current Project: HoW40K - UI/FX Coder

Account Icon
    There is a bug with a WS:

Account Icon
    it is not really a bug,

just that the frames hasnt took up any icon to display since it is set to visible and you just opened the game

to fix that just select a building or an allied creep/hero

Account Icon
    ^it is supported(tested it myself), well sorta..... the active/inactive indicator is the only part that is missing

This makes juking way harder. I don't like mods like this should be allowed.
    "The game will be way better than the 2 major competitors combined, we have upgraded the gameplay and systems and everything to inhuman levels. Also, I don't want to comment some of the features of our competitors but I got to say that at least our servers will be up all the time. We don't want to disappoint our customers. If you liked DotA you will love Dota 2."
    -IceFrog

When asked about Dota 2 compared to its competitors.

Yea if you ask me, the mod will re-select the hero & issue an attack command for you with 1 button press?

I'm pretty sure this is bordering on Bot systems
    Quote Originally Posted by Idejder View Post
    Just to give some perspective on how rage-inducing it is watching files fail to upload properly for no good reason, if there was a small cute animal in this room when this started I would, at this point, have killed it and be wearing its skin as a hat.
    About Nymph - "Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that everyone calls her the worst hero in the game before and a couple of small changes make her the most OP hero known to man? Calm down and let it set in before crying nerf. "

Quote Originally Posted by Nekit View Post
    There is a bug with a WS:
    When exactly does that happen?

With regards to MiniUI, if you want an indicator, ask FearParanoia. All he needs to do is add a small panel and label with the target's name.

For some reason, it wrecks my startup.cfg to not recognize focusing my hero after double tapping F1 or after doubletapping the ctrl group i assigned to.

I had to make a fresh one to fix it

YOU CAUSE ME GRIEF MAN! you used to be cool
    Last edited by KaliKot; 02-21-2010 at 01:41 PM.
    S2 just surrendered to LoL

A couple of odd behavior bits:

1) If you select a new unit to control (e.g. via F1, as KaliKot noticed), SelectedVisible0 gets set to "false", so you immediately reselect the locked target, making double-tapping to center the camera impossible. I guess one way to fix this might be to do something like intercepting orders to change the active unit, and just issuing a center camera command if that unit is already active.

2) ToolTargetingEntity is only true when targeting skills. If you just issue an OrderAttack command, ToolTargetingEntity remains false. I suspect this means that if the locked target goes from invisible to visible while you have OrderAttack up, you'll immediately issue an attack command on the locked target, which might be undesirable. I would suggest intercepting OrderAttack and using a custom trigger for determining whether you're targeting (unless there's a cleverer way to do this). I guess this might hold for OrderMove and stuff too, but does anybody actually ever use those?

gives this error when applying mods while Game Keys Replacement is also enabled:

edit:
    This Game Keys Replacement seems kinda buggy at the moment, so this one get priority :P
    Last edited by Quzzap; 02-21-2010 at 04:10 PM.

so you immediately reselect the locked target
    the selection sound gets played every time which gets kind of annoying

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by KaliKot View Post
    For some reason, it wrecks my startup.cfg to not recognize focusing my hero after double tapping F1 or after doubletapping the ctrl group i assigned to.

I had to make a fresh one to fix it

YOU CAUSE ME GRIEF MAN! you used to be cool
    same problem...

EDIT: Found it!

Set the cg_cmdrDoubleSelectTime to 500. The mod changes it to 0

For those who will still want to use this mod, i think holding F1 or the Recall Key, or pressing C is the only way to center to the unit...
    Last edited by mpcvzero13; 02-21-2010 at 04:00 PM.