Sure! Let HoN be "more" unique from dota!
Naaah. Dota didn't have 'em; HoN doesn't need 'em
Maybe I'd vote if you implement my inputs (please post)
Just thought I could share this crazy suggestion that if implemented, could definitely make this game unique from DOTA.
Again, I got this idea from Castle Age/"X" - wars games you probably played in Facebook.
The way it works is something like this:
1) at any point in the game, you can click on the "deposit" button to store ALL gold currently in your wallet
2) there will be a 10% banking fee for depositing your gold.
3) I can "withdraw" my stored money at any point free of charge.
4) yep; your gold is safe in your bank account if you die
5) you cannot specify how much gold you'd want to deposit/withdraw; always "all or nothing".
Sample story 1:
1) Blood hunter user manages to farm up 100 gold from 0. Being a bit paranoid, he clicks on deposit. This will leave him with 0 gold in his wallet and 90 gold in his "bank account"
2) After 2 minutes, he wants to use the gold stored in his bank account and clicks on "withdraw"; his bank account is emptied and he will get 90 gold on his wallet.
Sample story 2:
1) War beast manages to amass 1000 gold. He decides to deposit this to his bank account. He will have 900 gold in his bank account.
2) He decided to deposit to his bank account 2 more times each time he'd hit the 1000 gold mark; he now has 2700 in his account
3) he managers to farm up 500 gold. wanting to buy that 3.2K gold axe, he withdraws his money. Voila! He now has 3200 in his wallet!
1) Of course all gold earned/lost in your bank account is only valid for that particular game; play a different game and the gold saved in a previous game is void. Kinda imba if you see Scout running around with a doom bringer at level 1 in a 5v5 game!!!
2) You don't have to be at your shop area/fountain area to deposit/withdraw. (I have a feeling this MIGHT be a point of discussion)
Last edited by retic; 02-16-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Absolutely not. This would remove much of the incentive for ganking, and provide a huge boost to farming-based strategies. That's the last thing the game needs.
You sir, have come up with an absolutely horrendous idea that would severely destroy the metagame that is HoN as we know it.
EDIT: Here's a slightly (not really) in-depth analysis of why this idea sucks. In ANY game, easy mode or normal mode, the team with the best farmed carry usually wins. This can be countered by a crappy player in control of this carry, superior team set up, disables, etc., but the fact is well farmed carries win close games. That's why people tend to get mad at you for stealing their kill when you're playing plague rider and they're playing chronos or magebane or whoever. They need kills for money.
What stops carries from getting money? Although ass-hat ks'ing teammates can often ruin their day, carries are really only threatened by ganks. Dying can cost a hero anywhere from 250 to 1000 gold, depending on how long of a kill streak they have. That loss of money is what makes ganking the enemy carry so crucial to winning games: an underfarmed carry is next to useless.
But you're suggesting that HoN implement a bank system so that carries aren't afraid of dying. 200 gold away from your 3300 gold eaglehorn? As opposed to heading back to base for safety because the enemy team is all missing, you can just store your money without even returning to base and continue to farm, risking your life but only a very small amount of your farm! Magebanes across the world, rejoice! Now we can farm our asses off and not pay even the slightest attention to the location of the enemy team because their ganks do nothing to stop the powerhouse that is my Runed Axe!
Long story short, this creates an ENORMOUS inbalance in favour of carries.
Come to think of it, I believe HoN already uses a system to tip the scales in favour of carries. It's called Easy Mode.
Last edited by JiggsNibbly; 02-24-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Also, you should probably have an option in the poll that says "No, this is a horrible idea, regardless of whether or not DotA incorporated it." Just for voter accuracy.
uh oh, im getting ganked!
B-> W-> Q
Whew got my punchdagger
The bananas, you are correct in your observation. However, this system existed in dota and you can't buy stuff from the secret shop when you're not there, so this isn't a huge deal IMO. I won't write an enormous rant about it. This time. You lucky ho.
What would be your sentiments if you have to be in your fountain to deposit and withdraw?
Doesn't really add anything to the game. 10% is too much interest and I'd never use it anyways. At the same time, you don't really want a place to keep a players gold safe. Buying items is enough, just buy items in your stash whenever you have enough for the item you're looking for. If you're saving up a certain amount for a secret shop recipe, that's the risk you've got to take when going to the secret shop.
Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
Any sort of bank account idea is just stupid. It takes away a huge incentive to gank. On the other hand, it could also slow down the game because players are paranoid about getting ganked and so they continuously return to base to deposit, just to play it safe. Bank accounts remove a lot of risk from the game, and that's part of what makes it fun. So no. This is a terribad idea, and I guarantee you, S2 will NEVER implement it as a major aspect of the game.
while i would love having this this would destroy the game completley, if you want to save gold always know what you can buy in your fountain and know the hotkeys. for this reason i always play a nome's user, and whenever im about to be ganked i can easily spend 260-2k gold in about 1-2 seconds. get a strat down like that. this idea is horrible
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=92420 - sign my petition to bring back "choose wisely"
There's already a bank account, it's called your stash.
Just buy components when u have the $ for it. Not hard
No, just dont die.
Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.
Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!
MacroHard this, MacroHard that. Give me 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse! But seriously, nobody ever asks me for a graph. *jelly*
HoNored | Super Beta Tester | Mechanics Moderator | Pre-purchased HoN | Skype: Necrothica | DeviantArt: Necrothic
wow, a unanimous NO vote.
You suck OP, even my troll polls get YES votes
Naaah. HoN doesn't need 'em regardless of whether or not DotA had 'em
S2 and so-called "backdooring" - http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showpost.php?p=399428&postcount=30 and http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?p=1873844#post1873844. Read it and weep.
the scrub labels a wide variety of tactics and situations "cheap." This "cheapness" is truly the mantra of the scrub.