Thread: A Comparison and Analysis of 4 Hard Carries [1.66]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    excellent post, I find it extremely helpful especially being a new player and lookin to improve, this will help me alot thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by awayish` View Post
    i wouldn't really call mm a hard carry. he's like on the swiftblade level of carrying. replace him with tdl or something
    No way. Swiftblade is pretty obviously an early game superstar that has a moderate at best late game. Swift requires at least one other hero on the tream to combo with so he can get a few early lane kills. Swift doesnt need to farm a lane for 25+minutes to be effective. SO comparing swift to madman is pointless, they do completely different jobs.

Account Icon
    are you under the impression that madman is a rice for 30 minutes carry?

Account Icon
    What about Moon Queen? She has excelent scaling and doesn't have some of the problems TDL does.

are you under the impression that madman is a rice for 30 minutes carry?
    No. If you read his profile I said he comes online faster than all of the other hard carries on the list, and I listed that as one of his selling points. He doesnt have a game breaker but he does have some really good reasons to be picked, which is why hes on the list.

Account Icon
    Madman is viable since when? He hasn't even been touched in competitive play recently.

Account Icon
    "comes faster online" means 2 things. he farms faster than others and can start dominating early, which is false, or he goes ganking early on and has no farm to carry, which defeats the point of him being a hard carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme_Cake View Post
    Madman is viable since when? He hasn't even been touched in competitive play recently.
    His silly nerf to stalk doesn't help his lack of popularity really.

Account Icon
    He wasn't picked before, and he certainly hasn't been picked since, so I don't see why you conclude that he's viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme_Cake View Post
    He wasn't picked before, and he certainly hasn't been picked since, so I don't see why you conclude that he's viable.
    Popularity =/= viability.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Viability is tied to usage and popularity on the competitive scene, where Madman has seen no love. I wouldn't say he's really considered viable right now, which is a shame, but it's the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ok.

We'll remove logger's hatchet.
    The Hero-Tracking Changelog! My Strategy Article.
    Matches I'm proud of: Match 24216943 Match 22979926 Match 28587142 Match 7776189

Quote Originally Posted by HankyPanky View Post
    Viability is tied to usage and popularity on the competitive scene, where Madman has seen no love. I wouldn't say he's really considered viable right now, which is a shame, but it's the truth.
    By that logic Ophelia and Hellbringer aren't viable either and we know that to be false.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDavion View Post
    By that logic Ophelia and Hellbringer aren't viable either and we know that to be false.
    are you serious

are you serious
    Are you implying they are not viable?

Account Icon
    are you unable to read?

your "by that logic" refers to "Viability is tied to usage and popularity on the competitive scene"

you are implying hellbringer and ophelia are not top picks.

please
    Last edited by awayish`; 02-24-2010 at 01:07 AM.

Account Icon
    i wouldn't really call mm a hard carry. he's like on the swiftblade level of carrying. replace him with tdl or something
    Though mm has the attributes of a hardcore earlygame ganker (chase, stun, both damaging skills, both mana intensive) probably even better than swift himself, he carries much, much better late game than swift mostly because of berserk/crit which scale better than any of swift's skills late.

Madman is thin on the line between semi and hard carry. However, mm with shrunken/berserk on can really reap havoc on teams with decent dps. I would highly suggest you put "early/mid ganker" on mm's secondary role list, because stalk/barrel roll are one of the best skill combos to gank, regardless of his early fragility. I've seen several mm's pick up a bunch of mana pots/blight or an early bottle and go hardcore ganking, some even picking up ring of the teacher (I've tried it too).

Scout is an extremely viable hard carry, and is probably one of the hardest carries in the game. His abilities scale extremely well into late game, and a farmed scout is impossible to take on alone. Silence+insta 400% damage is nothing to scoff at, and easily feeds off the fragility of other agi carries. Late game he can technically take down chronos in 4 hits IF rewind does not proc.

are you unable to read?

your "by that logic" refers to "Viability is tied to usage and popularity on the competitive scene"

you are implying hellbringer and ophelia are not top picks.

please
    Source?

Ophelia and Hellbringer are among the least picked heroes (including pubs yes). If people want to say how so and so is super popular in the "elite games" then please by all means link me supporting evidence, if you do then I will agree.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDavion View Post
    Source?

Ophelia and Hellbringer are among the least picked heroes (including pubs yes). If people want to say how so and so is super popular in the "elite games" then please by all means link me supporting evidence, if you do then I will agree.
    Ophelia and hellbringer are highly popular picks in high tier competitive games. That's plain common sense even if you haven't watched any.

Account Icon
    Much as I dislike quoting myself, here's the evidence in case you missed it last time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast