Thread: Global Agenda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Global Agenda

This game is absolutely awful.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

Unless you enjoy an FPS where people are stronger then you right off the bat and it takes a month to be at an equal footing.

It is just a generic fps.

Account Icon
    i thought it was 3rd person shooter? Er however you describe a game that you aren't looking through the characters eyes.

Regardless, a lot of my friends were very excited about it. They all pre ordered it and played it for a few days. Basically none of them play it anymore at all. : /

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairSniffer View Post

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

Unless you enjoy an FPS where people are stronger then you right off the bat and it takes a month to be at an equal footing.

You sound terrible. I haven't played the game for a week and I'm already level 17. Been kicking ass left and right.

It sounds like you're just bad. You probably use Recon, amirite?

Account Icon

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

You must also think poison-medics are OP and there should be headshots in the game right?

Account Icon
    I'm sure CoD is a good series of games too.

Account Icon
    I thought it was awesome at first, but then I realized you needed to grind for a solid day to actually have any customization choices. Thenit became a grindfest, but third person.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    not on equal footing?

them im to assume you need to grind your way into getting certain weapons/classes/equipment?

TF2 did it well but i think its the only fps i know that does.

Account Icon

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

LOL

takes 3 days to hit max level playing casually.

also higher level players dont have that big of an advantage

Quote Originally Posted by r3dd View Post
    LOL

takes 3 days to hit max level playing casually.

also higher level players dont have that big of an advantage
    They shouldnt have an advantage at all.

Also it should take 0 days to get max level

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

It's also an MMO with levels. So if you were honestly expecting anything other than a grind, I could understand why you were disappointed. It's not a bad game, considering it released less than a month ago.

Not every shooter is going to be cookie cutter style with no progression. Be a little more open-minded maybe?

They shouldnt have an advantage at all.

Also it should take 0 days to get max level
    Okay, now I know you're trolling. It's an MMORPGTPS - it's a shooter, but it also has a level grind. Why don't you go play one of the hundreds of other non-progression shooters out there if you don't like Global Agenda? Lots of people do like it (i'm one of them)

Quote Originally Posted by tamriilin View Post
    It's also an MMO with levels. So if you were honestly expecting anything other than a grind, I could understand why you were disappointed. It's not a bad game, considering it released less than a month ago.

Not every shooter is going to be cookie cutter style with no progression. Be a little more open-minded maybe?

Okay, now I know you're trolling. It's an MMORPGTPS - it's a shooter, but it also has a level grind. Why don't you go play one of the hundreds of other non-progression shooters out there if you don't like Global Agenda? Lots of people do like it (i'm one of them)
    Simple minded people like progression. Rather then feeling achievement over in game things, they get excited when they say

YOU HAVE LEVELED UP

Simple minded people like progression. Rather then feeling achievement over in game things, they get excited when they say

YOU HAVE LEVELED UP
    This is why we don't feed the troll

This is why we don't feed the troll
    I THINK SOMEONE WHO DOESNT HAVE MY OPINION IS A TROLL.

I WIN THE ARGUMENT! I'M A PHILOSOPHY MAJOR I CAN SEE YOU ARE A TROLL.

f

Account Icon
    Also the conquest is going to be a very interesting aspect if you are into that.

The thing people don't understand is that this game is NOT just a shooter with RPG elements. It's an equal balance of both.

The thing people don't understand is that this game is NOT just a shooter with RPG elements. It's an equal balance of both.
    They say to me that leveling does not take long to do. 3 days of pure playing and you are set.

The RPG element is nearly extinct once you hit the required level.

So it is just a shooter.

So I have 3 days of the RPG part of the game and it turns into a shooter.

So I have to grind for 3 days to see if I fully enjoy the shooting part, which is the vast majority of the game.

Therefore, I can safely say that the game is barely an RPG because you say so yourself that it takes very little time to get to that level.

Therefore, I can safely say that if I want to play another class I have to do the same 3 day grind to see if I fully enjoy that class.

Therefore, I can safely say that it is NOT a balanced mix.

It repels the FPS players because they do not want to grind.

It repels the MMO players because the grind is too little.

They say to me that leveling does not take long to do. 3 days of pure playing and you are set.

1) The RPG element is nearly extinct once you hit the required level.

2) So it is just a shooter.

3) So I have 3 days of the RPG part of the game and it turns into a shooter.

4)
    So I have to grind for 3 days to see if I fully enjoy the shooting part, which is the vast majority of the game.

5)
    Therefore, I can safely say that the game is barely an RPG because you say so yourself that it takes very little time to get to that level.

6)
    Therefore, I can safely say that if I want to play another class I have to do the same 3 day grind to see if I fully enjoy that class.

7)
    Therefore, I can safely say that it is NOT a balanced mix.

8) It repels the FPS players because they do not want to grind.

9) It repels the MMO players because the grind is too little.
    1) The RPG element is most certainly NOT extinct one you hit max level. There's still PVP to do and gear to obtain.

2) It is, at max level, an attribute-driven shooter, yes.

3) No. It takes a little more than 3 days to hit max level; I've been playing casually for a while and I'm not quite there yet (What IS max level anyway?)

4) Sure, shooting is the majority of the game. But it's the same with Fallout 3. Are you going to call Fallout 3 a bad game just because the shooter part of the game isn't as good as most FPS games?

5) I didn't say anything. Perhaps you should read the posts instead of putting words in my mouth.

6) It's the same with any MMO. Were you really expecting something different?

7) Have you even really played the game, at all, for more than an hour?

8) I haven't really talked to any shooter fans who have played this game who didn't like it, so I can't really comment on this.

9) Everyone who I've talked to that has played it has said it's a pretty fun game, and is a solid MMO experience.

1) The RPG element is most certainly NOT extinct one you hit max level. There's still PVP to do and gear to obtain.

2) It is, at max level, an attribute-driven shooter, yes.

3) No. It takes a little more than 3 days to hit max level; I've been playing casually for a while and I'm not quite there yet (What IS max level anyway?)

4) Sure, shooting is the majority of the game. But it's the same with Fallout 3. Are you going to call Fallout 3 a bad game just because the shooter part of the game isn't as good as most FPS games?

5) I didn't say anything. Perhaps you should read the posts instead of putting words in my mouth.

6) It's the same with any MMO. Were you really expecting something different?

7) Have you even really played the game, at all, for more than an hour?

8) I haven't really talked to any shooter fans who have played this game who didn't like it, so I can't really comment on this.

9) Everyone who I've talked to that has played it has said it's a pretty fun game, and is a solid MMO experience.
    This really doesn't debunk my argument that leveling is unnecessary.

Plus Fallout had other content to have you immersed into the game. This game has some stupid robot chick that says "THE DEFENDERS, HAVE SECURED, THE OBJECTIVE"

Also, please justify the meaning of why I need to level by "playing casually" when it doesnt even take that long to get to the max level? Why cant I just be max level now? If it does not take that long to get there then WHY IS IT THERE? It is pointless.

Account Icon
    This really doesn't debunk my argument that leveling is unnecessary.

Plus Fallout had other content to have you immersed into the game. This game has some stupid robot chick that says "THE DEFENDERS, HAVE SECURED, THE OBJECTIVE"

Also, please justify the meaning of why I need to level by "playing casually" when it doesnt even take that long to get to the max level? Why cant I just be max level now? If it does not take that long to get there then WHY IS IT THERE? It is pointless.
    Leveling is a needed progression system to allow a player to grow and further customize his character with dyes and upgrades.

There will always have to be SOME advantage of being a higher level. In Eve online it's having more ships to choose from or further specialization, for WoW it's having gear, for Global Agenda it's for having talent points and maybe a gimmicky item that hasn't been put in line yet with the others.

And to be honest, I think most of the items are really balanced. My clan leader played Global agenda and used the final sniper rifle on his recon, yet preffered the one you got before lvl10. I got my recon to lvl 13 on live, and I'm marksman and using my recon gun more than my sniper rifle because it fits my playstyle mroe and has gotten me more kills.

I played Robotics in beta and found that I had to completely change my loadout for different PvP modes and for PvE. Same with assault. To claim that "This game is terrible because people who have put more time into it are better than me!" Because this is a staple for nearly any MMO, and skill comes with the time you put it.

So if you hate so much about this MMO, maybe you just hate the MMO genre more than you hate just Global Agenda. What MMO's do you play and what do you like about them?

PVP and gear doesnt make it a RPG, check out multiplayer quake.

4) Sure, shooting is the majority of the game. But it's the same with Fallout
    If you honestly believe that shooting was the majority of FO3 (or the other fallout games) then i pity you.

I mean, dont you think someone saying walking is the majority of HoN kinda missed the point of the game?

3. Are you going to call Fallout 3 a bad game just because the shooter part of the game isn't as good as most FPS games?
    Why were the shooting in FO3 worse than in most FPS games? Was it because of VATS, the slight autoaim you gained from leveling your respective shooter skills, or something else alltogheter?

And yes, i agree that the shooting aspect in FO3 was somewhat annoying, but other stuff annoyed me more, like it not being canon, not being able to kill children and various other aspects. Still liked the game though.

The thing that annoyed me the most, however, was how important the radiated water were to the main storyline, Bethesda should have read just about any nuclear fallout survival guide.

Still, cool game, to an extent.
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...3&postcount=12
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.