Thread: The Grave Watcher

The Grave Watcher

The Grave Watcher

Role: An anti-ganker/tank/planner

The Grave Watcher buried many bodies throughout the war of the Legion and Hellbourne taking a neutral side. Eventually though he grew weary of using his shovel to bury the dead and wanted the war to end. He joined the legion in war to make his burials a little more... personal.

Move Speed: 295
    Attack Type: Melee
    Attack Range: 125
    Armor: 2.2
    Magic Armor: 3

Strength=27
    Agility=20
    Intelligence=12

Strength per level=2.5
    Agility per level=2.0
    Intelligence per level=1.8

Spells:

<=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=>

Make Shift Grave

The Grave Watcher digs a grave for his opponents to fall in and be trapped. Allowing him to react in different ways.

Note:
    This skill is useful for avoiding a gank or planting a trap if you predict your enemies movements. It's channeled so you can't just use it if you are trying to run away, it has to be planned. Also, the reveal is only as big as the aoe range.

The "Buried" Debuff is the stun that makes them able to be targeted by the ult.

Spell Type: Channeling
    Channeling time: 3 Seconds
    Mana Cost: 75/75/75/75
    Cool Down: 120/100/80/60

Cast Range: 125
    Level 1 : Aoe Range 200 lasts for 2 seconds, lasts for 60 seconds, causes 50 physical damage. Reveals Area
    Level 2 : Aoe Range 300 lasts for 2 seconds, lasts for 60 seconds, causes 100 physical damage. Reveals Area
    Level 3 : Aoe Range 400 lasts for 3 seconds, lasts for 120 seconds, causes 150 physical damage. Reveals area
    Level 4 : Aoe Range 400 lasts for 4 seconds, lasts for 120 seconds, causes 200 physical damage. Reveals Area

Any player caught in the grave gets the "Buried" debuff for the duration of the stun.

<=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=><=-=>

Cursed Tomb Steps
    Every step The Grave Watcher takes is cursed with his souls of the ones he buried, grabbing the feet of anyone who walks over them.

Note:
    Helps you get away from a gank, or if you run in between your partner and an enemy can help them run away much easier. Also good for running ahead of an enemy to slow them for your team mates.Spell Type: Passive
    Mana Cost: N/A
    Cool Down: N/A
    Level 1 : Lasts for 1 second on the ground he walks, slowing movement speed by 5%
    Level 2 : Lasts for 2 seconds on the ground he walks, slowing movement speed by 10%
    Level 3 : Lasts for 3 seconds on the ground he walks, slowing movement speed by 15%
    Level 4 : Lasts for 4 seconds on the ground he walks, slowing movement speed by 20%

Rest in piece
    As he lays the dead to rest he pays them his respect. In return they stay in the living world to protect him until they slip into the spirit world.

Note: Your tanking/damaging ability. Allows you to use your mana and is a good farming tool. Although unleashing this ability means he has to sacrifice his charges making him weaker.

Spell Type: Passive/Toggle
    Mana Cost: 50/75/100/125
    Unleashing the charges damages everyone around him for 5 magical damage.
    Each charge lasts for 30 seconds granting him 10 max health, .1 Armor, .1 Magic Armor
    Level 1 : Gains 1 Charge for every creep kill, 6 for every hero kill.
    Level 2 : Gains 2 Charges for every creep kill, 10 for every hero kill.
    Level 3 : Gains 3 Charges for every creep kill, 14 for every hero kill.
    Level 4 : Gains 4 Charges for every creep kill, 20 for every hero kill.

From Heaven to Hell
    The Grave Watcher orders the spirits to grasp a buried target from the grave straight to The Grave Watcher and disorients them.

Note:
    Similar to Devourers hook it allows you to pull your target towards you. But you don't send out a hook or anything you just click them and they are instantly brought within your melee range in front of you. If planned well enough could land them in a second grave! Only able to target one person.

Spell Type: Superior Magic
    Mana Cost: 250/350/400
    Cool down: 120/110/100
    Level 1 : Range is 1200, causes 300 magical damage and 1 second stun.
    Level 2 : Range is 1600, causes 400 magical damage and 1 second stun.
    Level 3 : Range is 2000, causes 500 magical damage and 1 second stun.

I played dota a few years back, got invited to HoN in December and have been hooked. New to the forums as you can see but once I saw the hero suggestion thread my mind started swirling with ideas. This is by far my favorite one, my first one, and I hope I did it cleanly and detailed enough.

Please give me feed back on any improvement I can make on this hero or if I should throw it to the polls.

Credit goes to:
    GarlicBread - My long time friend, the one that taught me and still helps me learn how to play well. I threw my ideas at him and he tossed back some tweaks to help me come up with the hero you see now.

More to come...

Change log:
    Version 1: Published
    Version 1.1: Added short story
    Version 1.2: Fixed second spell to original movement speeds.
    Version 1.3: Added "Buried" debuff to notes to make it easier to understand.
    Last edited by Parsh81; 02-11-2010 at 12:40 AM.

I wasn't quite sure on the beginning stats so could use some help with that.
    Don't like listening to 2 hour interviews? Want to cut rhough the BS and just get to the important stuff? Check out my Cliff Notes version of the interviews.
    Episode 18
    Episode 22

Account Icon
    Nice pic for hero i wish i can draw like that
    Is he purely support-like tanker or can be also a solo type?
    Whats the max charge on 3rd skill?
    Whats the 60/120sec on 1st skill?
    On the 2nd skill does it slow also you and allies that walked in it thats why you set a duration w/ no manacost and cooldown or is it when you only walk? and why passive if it can be casted?(sorry still confused on the 2nd skill)
    Every step The Grave Watcher takes is cursed with his souls of the ones he buried, grabbing the feet of anyone who walks over them.

Thank you for the feed back.
    It is possible to be the solo type with the right combo and item build.
    The max charge on the 3rd skill is how many creeps you can kill in 30 seconds, similar to armadons ult passive, the charges will go away regardless after 30 seconds. So if you kill a creep and gain one charge, and in 30 seconds kill more creeps, your first charge will go away and you will keep the remaining charges. The same mechanic as armadons passive ult where you can gain more with the spells he uses but it goes away after a set time no matter what.

on the first skill thats how long the grave lasts for, at level 1 and 2 the grave will remain after dug, for 60 seconds. at 3 and 4 the grave can remain for 2 minutes, or 120 seconds

the second skill is just a slow that applies to the ground and only effects enemies. its almost like if sand wraith used his ability on you, the one that the sand follows you, but it doesnt slow you down, just your enemies down. Do you understand? also it disapears after that amount of time. basically you passively leave a trail of blighted ground that slows the enemies.
    Don't like listening to 2 hour interviews? Want to cut rhough the BS and just get to the important stuff? Check out my Cliff Notes version of the interviews.
    Episode 18
    Episode 22

Account Icon
    Oic ok thnx, i'd say a little more buff on the 2nd skill

Oh yea, I meant to change it to 5 10 15 20, I will fix that now.

I had it in a text file and forgot to copy that over at published time heh
    Episode 18
    Episode 22

Love the concept, I would like to see this hero in the game.

The numbers still need a bit of tweaking, but that comes eventually.

For the first skill, what does the "Burried" debuff actually do? I couldn't find it anywhere.

It just applies "Buried" making them target able for his ult. If it'd be easier it could just be the stun that happens, either way I only want his hook (the ult) to work on enemies trapped in his grave. But you actually have to target one.
    Episode 18
    Episode 22

I added buried debuff to the notes
    Episode 18
    Episode 22

Any other comments? Should I add it to the Suggestion Strength Hero thread?
    Last edited by Parsh81; 02-11-2010 at 03:12 AM.
    Episode 18
    Episode 22

bump
    Episode 18
    Episode 22