Thread: vVv Gaming Open Beta Invitational (March 31 - June 2, 2010)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

vVv Gaming Open Beta Invitational (March 31 - June 2, 2010)

IMPORTANT NOTICE : The match deadline for Round 3 is Wednesday, May 12th at 11:59 PM EST.

The Chipper is NOT allowed as a hero choice for the tournament.
    Fayde is NOT allowed as a hero choice for the tournament

Heroes of Newerth Open Beta Invitational Tournament
    Sponsored by S2 Games and Steelseries

Official vVv Gaming Tournament Forum Section: http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showforum=653
    This area will be used for the match threads and results.

Brackets:
    Official Brackets
    Bracket Thread

Match Threads:
    http://www.vvv-gaming.com/forum/index.php?showforum=653

ShoutCasts: - Brought to you by HonCast!
    LOAD vs. iRG
    MILK vs. POL
    POL vs. XinG
    T7H vs. tSm

Dates:
    Second Round Match Deadline: Wednesday April 21st 11:59pm EST

Format:
    -16 Team Invitational
    -Teams will be posted and updated with status of Unconfirmed or Confirmed for participation
    -5v5, Best-of-One, Double Elimination w/ bracket reseeding

Map:
    -Forests of Caldavar

-All games will be played from the Clan vVv Gaming channel(/j clan vvv gaming), with at least one representative of each team in the channel, with potential observers (ShoutCasters or vVv Observers to monitor matches).

Picks & Bans:
    -All matches will be played using the Banning Pick game mode
    -Each team alternates hero 3 bans (1-1-1-1-1-1)
    -Teams pick heroes in the 1-2-2-2-2-1 format
    -Any recently released heroes may be deemed an automatic ban in the tournament, otherwise All pick, all heroes allowed by default.
    -The Chipper is NOT a legal pick for tournament matches
    -Fayde is NOT a legal pick for tournament matches

Item Bans/Restrictions:
    -No abuse of courier to abuse bound eye

Backdooring:
    -Backdooring IS allowed. You may attack towers without creeps being present.

Item Sharing(re: Pooling):
    -Pooling items is not allowed, this means that buying items for a teammate is NOT allowed.
    -Letting a teammate use charges on an item is allowed.

Prizes:
    - $300 Cash Prize to the Champion
    - 5 Official HoN Accounts from S2 Games
    - 5 Swag Bags from S2 Games
    - 5 Steelseries Np+ Gaming Surfaces

Other notes:

1. Rules are subject to change due to patches or game changes
    2. A thread will be created in the tournament forum for each match. It is the responsibility of each participant to respond to this thread and schedule a match time before the deadline for each round.
    3. Match participants MUST be online at their scheduled match time. If a team is not online within 15 minutes of the scheduled match time, that team will forfeit the match.
    4. If the results of a match have not been finalized within 12 hours after the agreed upon scheduled match time, both teams will be considered a no show. In this event, there will be a double forfeit and each team will be removed from the bracket.
    5. If the scheduled match deadline passes and neither team has responded to their scheduling thread, then both teams will be removed from the bracket. If one team responds to the thread and the other does not, then the team that attempted to schedule the match will be given the victory.
    6. There will be a zero tolerance policy for cheating/posting fake results. Anyone found to be lying about tournament results will be removed from the tournament and subject to banning from the vVv community.

Terms and Conditions:

The vVv Gaming Heroes of Newerth Tournament is governed by these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and understand that the results of the Tournament are final in all respects. All decisions regarding the Tournament including, but not limited to, winner selection, will be made by vVv Gaming, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects.

vVv Gaming is not responsible for (i) lost, late, delayed, misdirected, unintelligible, or incomplete electronic mail; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of vVv Gaming which may cause the Tournament to be disrupted or misused; or (v) any inaccurate information caused by any reason, including, without limitation, the vvv-gaming.com or affiliated websites, users, equipment, or human or technical errors relating to the submission of entries.

By accepting a prize, winner agrees that vVv Gaming may include his/her name on vVv Gaming and affiliated websites and in any and all media, including future advertising or publicity, without further consideration or compensation, unless prohibited by law.

By participating in the Tournament, you agree to release and hold vVv Gaming and its respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates, contractors, representatives and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Tournament or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, and any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. The Tournament may be modified, canceled, terminated, or suspended in whole or in part without prior notice for any reason, including, without limitation, computer virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, mechanical or electronic problems or other causes beyond the control of vVv Gaming which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Tournament. Offer void where prohibited.

Invites have been sent to the following clan leaders, or in the event that they were listed as not having been online in some time, the most active officer
    If you wish to submit your clan as an alternate in the event that one of the previous does not agree to join, please send me a PM with your team name and leader
    Original Invitations are based on a compilation of prior tournament placement, average PSR, clan activity, hosted match footage and clan availability via the HoN clan look-up

[LOAD] Pig Confirmed
    [5] tabako Confirmed
    [iRG] Boredom Confirmed
    [tSm] oaiX Confirmed
    [YUP] NiggSmurf Confirmed
    [MILK] Milkfat / Pwn_ Confirmed
    [POL] baxtaber Confirmed
    [tXL] TheEQ Confirmed
    [T7h] Amingo Confirmed
    [b88] kyky Confirmed
    [uQ] Slund Confirmed
    [MSI] Rexi Confirmed
    [Xing] ladymelissa Confirmed
    [KDe] uberMag1X Confirmed
    [13S] Coherency Confirmed
    [phb] phe`V Confirmed
    Last edited by JohnnyUtah; 06-02-2011 at 08:11 PM.

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Look forward to this tournament both as a spectator and caster, invitationals are good for competitive hon. Hopefully it turns out great!

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Great to see more of this in the mix, I've approved the post!

Proud to be the first person to officially purchase Heroes of Newerth

I had some thoughts on getting a crew together to make a tournament specifically for teams we could invite from the DotA realm, to steal more teams for HoN, but that's a thought for later XD

Account Icon
    I wanted to thank S2 games for their support, as well as SteelSeries. We will also be holding a tournament for the launch. Our launch tournament will be open to 64 teams that sign uo. News will follow in March.

I want to wish the 16 Invited teams the best of luck, and I personally look forward to seeing some of these great matches.
    LordJerith
    President/Owner
    vVv Gaming
    Entertain.Educate.Dominate
    www.vvv-gaming.com

When you are seeking to win and on the attack, a failure is nothing but one less victory, but when you are playing defense, a failure is defeat

Nice initiative, glad to see more and more events like this.

Account Icon
    confirm

S2 is just popping out money for these tournaments, love the support!

Go S2Games, this proves that they really care about their game, they have been the best game developers since I discovered Savage 2. Keep it up guys, love it.

Account Icon
    good stuff

I'd like to confirm People Of Luzon's participation in this tournament.

since kaution disbanded the clan I dont think they will play.

How come dop aint in? they are better than alot of teams i bealive.

Yeah I just heard got a second letter from Kaution that said they wouldn't be playing and I wasn't sure why.
    TeL just disbanded as well, so potentially two alternates will be moving in.

I will start forming a ranking of alternates based on PSR and move them into spots accordingly.

Also, dates have been updated to reflect the news from S2 that they will not go OB this week as originally planned.

Account Icon
    Umm, maybe a stupid question but. Are we (vVv) putting in our own team into this tournament?

Very promising tournament. Team WHP and the hon community would like to thank vvv gaming for hosting this tournament to promote such an awsome game (go hon).

I'm not sure if this is the right place to confirm my team, but I would like to confirm Team We Heart Pigs' participation in this tournament.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I posted TeL's current position on the vVv forums.
    GL to all participants.
    TLSHadow

Quote Originally Posted by Colin_tank View Post
    Umm, maybe a stupid question but. Are we (vVv) putting in our own team into this tournament?
    No, it was a choice by the vVv staff that we concentrate first on the successful execution of the event before having to worry about a teams performance in it, or having to worry about accusations of favoritism or anything shady. And of course since part of the criteria for invitation was tournament participation, and our showing in the majority of the events was slim, I wouldn't feel right having us as an invite.

We will however have members involved in spec positions to keep an eye on matches in case we need to be alerted of any on the spot judgement calls or rule enforcement.

Looking forward to this.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsCrush View Post
    No, it was a choice by the vVv staff that we concentrate first on the successful execution of the event before having to worry about a teams performance in it, or having to worry about accusations of favoritism or anything shady. And of course since part of the criteria for invitation was tournament participation, and our showing in the majority of the events was slim, I wouldn't feel right having us as an invite.

We will however have members involved in spec positions to keep an eye on matches in case we need to be alerted of any on the spot judgement calls or rule enforcement.
    Gotcha, makes sense.

Account Icon
    Good luck to all teams, I'll work on my cheerleading so I can have a team of 5 obnoxious specs.