Thread: I quit smoking! (cigs)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I quit smoking! (cigs)

So I finally ponied up for the ecig. It has been over a week without a regular cigarette and still has the same hit as a real cig. The ecigs been getting cheaper lately, now you can get a kit for $50, buy a bottle of liquid for under $10 and you got a month supply.

Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but I went from 1-2 packs a day and not even wanting to quit, I just figured I would try it and see how it went. No more cig cravings after the first day. I can breathe, taste and smell everything so much better.

If you smoke and want to quit I highly recommend the ecig, if you don't want to quit, you should try it.

I recommend the 510, it has a hard hitting vape that feels like a real cig.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSoada View Post
    Your usefulness on a scale of rampage to 10 is a rampage.

Account Icon
    +1. I'm on my way there.. a lot of friends have gone this route and have similar success stories.

What was the specific website/model?

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by maarte; 01-27-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Account Icon
    I do not smoke, but congratulations.

On a funny note, I have a friend who thinks he's cool because he smoke. However, it's just funny for everyone around him cause he bumpuffs (i.e. takes a draw and blows it out straight away without even inhaling it) lololol

Sig artist: Mediocrity

Account Icon
    I shelled out $100 for the red dragon and was unimpressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Drasha View Post
    the hon community is competitive if we saw hon listed on a dog show site we would probably vote for it until we destroyed the competition.

I paid like 100 usd for a dutch one a couple of years ago and it was a very crappy product. It was called smartcig or something like that.

It just didnt feel at all like real smoke, and i love the sensation of real smoke getting into my lungs.

Give us a link to the one you bought!

Does sound weird with a bottle tho, but still do want link!
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...3&postcount=12
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Ecigs are illegal in Australia

Your mom is an elder parasite.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldBishop View Post
    Ecigs are illegal in Australia
    You would think a colony of former criminals would have some balls, but they don't even have a 17+ rating on games. :|
    The Hunter- an original ganker/initiator.

Account Icon
    i dont understand why anyone would pay money to help them quit
    it isnt hard

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    You would think a colony of former criminals would have some balls, but they don't even have a 17+ rating on games. :|
    oh god, don't remind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Narfle View Post
    Give us a link to the one you bought!

Does sound weird with a bottle tho, but still do want link!
    The kit: http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/joye...-version-p-195

e-Juice: http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/e-ju...ine-10ml-p-118

The juice is used to refill the ends of it. That is where you save a lot of money because a 30ml bottle will last you a month, the one I linked to is the 10ml bottle.

Also the juice that comes with the kits is normally crap, it tastes bad and vapes like crap. The ones that came with my 510 were actually pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    I shelled out $100 for the red dragon and was unimpressed
    That one looks like an automatic mini ecig, those are crap. Automatic ones mean the battery is activated by suction and your vape is dependent on how hard you inhale. On manual ones you press a button on the side to activate the battery and you can get huge hits off of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidekick View Post
    it isnt hard
    Yes, but some people don't want to quit, are forced to quit, or don't have the willpower to quit. This way you can "smoke" without actually smoking and still get the nicotine effect.
    Last edited by pyroTeknikz; 01-27-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Account Icon
    You haven't actually quit though. You've simply switched your nicotine crutch for another item that supplies the nicotine.

The two most addictive aspects of smoking are the act itself out of habit, and the nicotine. Cigarettes themselves are not your problem though just getting the nicotine is argueably much healthier for you.

But to say you quit? You didn't. You're still dependant both on the habit and the nicotine.

Edit: This post actually came off as more of a parade pisser than I meant it to. I'm not trying to call you out for it, just saying, it is what it is.

Account Icon
    bodyhammer pisses on me frequently

Might have to get my mom one of these. One of my biggest pet peeves.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyHammer View Post
    You haven't actually quit though. You've simply switched your nicotine crutch for another item that supplies the nicotine.

The two most addictive aspects of smoking are the act itself out of habit, and the nicotine. Cigarettes themselves are not your problem though just getting the nicotine is argueably much healthier for you.

But to say you quit? You didn't. You're still dependant both on the habit and the nicotine.

Edit: This post actually came off as more of a parade pisser than I meant it to. I'm not trying to call you out for it, just saying, it is what it is.
    Smoking and Vaping are in fact different.

You get nicotine from the gum/patch/shot. Smoking a cig has over 2,000 bad chemicals going into your system, where vaping an ecig has nicotine and water vapor and IF you can smell the vapor it is a sweet smell (kind of like vanilla). You can only smell the vapor if you take a humongous hit and blow it directly into someones face. Even if you hit it 100 times in your car with the windows up, your car won't smell like the vapor.

You are right, I haven't kicked the nicotine habit, but then again, I already said I never really wanted to quit cigs, this is a healthier way to do it imo.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by FORMULA409 View Post
    bodyhammer pisses on me frequently
    Only in the face, baby, only in the face.

Its been over a year for me, congrat dude. Its tough bro you got a long waqy to go Im not going to BS you. If you like to drink (like I do) then you will realize that cigs are nearly impossible to refuse when your out partying and drinking moderately - heavily.

BUT if you can get past those times everythign is is cake by comparison and basically a non issue. I used the 4mg gum for a couple weeks, it helped a lot.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidekick View Post
    it isnt hard
    you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. you have no right to say that until you have actually tried to quit. if you say you did, ill call bullshit on it. no one who quit smoking would call it easy

i quit cold turkey myself, and for a few weeks i was just insufferable. i was constantly cranky, *****y, and the littlest things would make me start raging. i was on edge before i even quit, just because the thought of quitting made me pissy

Account Icon
    In most studies, smoking has been found to be harder to quit than some narcotics.

It's not easy at all.