Toggle Snow

Thread: RAMPAGE

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by PzKw View Post
    A quick and polite forward for ****ing idiots like QKO (the first person to flame the guide).
    Take a deep breath.
    Breath in.
    Breath out.
    Check your Clan tags.
    Do they say WHP, MYM, SK or something similar?
    They don't, do they?
    You aren't a high tier competetive player.

With this realisation you find calm and inner peace.
    You are finally able to buy items like SnY without thinking about their scaling co-efficients, or the fact that pro players don't buy them.
    Because it just doesn't matter at your level of play.
    You won't blame your team for not warding.
    Because it just doesn't matter at your level of play.
    You won't blame your team for not giving you a babysitter.
    Because the other team just isn't good enough to kill you 12 times before the end of the laning phase.
    You won't blame your team for not picking a godly draft.
    Because none of you would have been good enough to make that lineup work anyway.

From now on, you will play pub HoN.
    You won't try and play competetive HoN in pubs games.
    Breathe in.
    Breathe out.
    Relax.

SOME PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING THAT RAMPAGE IS **** SO I THOUGHT I WOULD POST A GUIDE EXPLAINING EXACTLY HOW TO PLAY HIM. THIS IZ A SERIOUZ GUIDE GUIZE.

1.1: Stats

YOU'RE A STRENGTH HERO WITH GOOD STRENGTH AND AGI. WHAT A GODDAMNED SUPRISE.

INTELLIGENCE IS FOR DEGENERATE WEAKLINGS THOUGH.

YOUR STARTING ARMOUR IS OFF THE HOOK HIGH

YOUR BASE DAMAGE FROM LEVEL 4-7 IS ONLY OUTDONE BY DEADWOOD, WHO IS A NANSY SPELLCASTER SO WHO CARES.

1.2: Abilities

CHARGE:

ALWAYS USE THIS FROM THE FOUNTAIN WHEN YOU CAN.

MAKES YOU CHARGE SOMEONE AND BASH THEM WHICH IS KIND OF LULZY

THIS IS YOUR STAPLE MIDGAME ABILITY YOU WILL USE IT TO RUIN THE GAME FOR THE OTHER TEAM

AURA:

THIS ABILITY MAKES YOU LAST HIT CREEPS FOR GREAT PROFIT. IT IS YOUR FIRST ABILITY MAXED. IT IS A VERY PASSIVE ABILITY, JUST GET IT AND FORGET ABOUT IT BUT ZOOOOM AROUND LIKE SUPERMAN AND HAVE GOOD DAMAGE OK?

BASH:

PASSIVE BASH. INTEGRAL PART OF HERO. WHATEVER.

ULTIMATE:

TELEPORT BASH THING. USE IT AS PART OF A STUN CHAIN, OR WHEN NO ONE IS LOOKING. PRETTY MUCH MAKES YOU RAEP SKINNY HEROES. WHEN YOU RAEP SOMEONE WITH IT, BE SURE TO TELL THEM YOU RAEPD THEM IN ALL CHAT WHILE RUNNING BACK TO THE FOUNTAIN TO CHARGE SOMEONE.

1.3 Gameplay

ITEMS

2x GAUNTLET
    1x RUNES OF TANGO
    1x CHICKEN COURIER BECAUSE YOU ARE PLAYING A PUB. BECAUSE IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING A PUB YOU MAY WELL HAVE PICKED THE WRONG HERO AND SHOULD PROBABLY REPICKED MEANING YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A CHICKEN ANYMORE.GET RUNES WHEN YOU NEED THEM FROM CHICKEN.

1x HATCHET
    1x GAUNTLET
    1x MARCHERS
    3x BRACERS
    1x STEAMMARCHERS
    1x FROSTSWORD lol
    1x FIRESWORD lol --> FROSTBURN

THIS IS YOUR CORE. IF ANYONE SAYS YOU NEED A BKB TELL THEM TO SHUT THEIR WHORE MOUTH. USE THOSE WORDS.

DO NOT GET INSANTIARIUS BECAUSE YOU ARE A DOTA/HON PLAYER READING A GUIDE WHICH MEANS THERE IS A 9/10 CHANCE YOUR INTELLIGENCE PLACES YOU IN THE BOTTOM PERCENTILE FOR SIMPLE SKILLS LIKE TURNING AN ITEM OFF WHEN YOU'RE NOT FIGHTING.

DO NOT GET ELDER PARASITE, BECAUSE YOUR BASH HAS A COOLDOWN SO THE 100IAS IS MOSTLY WASTED IN MY HEARFELT OPINION. ALSO YOU MIGHT STRUGGLE TO ACTUALLY TURN IT ON AT THE RIGHT TIME FOR THE SAME REASONS YOU MIGHT STRUGGLE TO TURN INSANITARIUS OFF.

DO NOT BUY TPS. THE TOWER CAN WAIT, AND YOUR CAUSE IS BETTER SERVED BY CHARGING ALL THE WAY THERE FROM THE FOUNTAIN.

LUXURY?
    1x WARPCLEFT --> BREASTPLATE?
    1x WHISPERING HELM --> SYMBOL OF LOLRAGE
    WHATEVER, GET WHATEVER YOU FEEL LIKE. IT'S NOT LIKE IT MATTERS BECAUSE YOU HAVE A FROSTBURN AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

SKILL BUILD
    BASH
    AURA
    AURA
    BASH
    CHARGE
    ULTI
    AURA
    AURA
    CHARGE
    CHARGE
    ULTI
    CHARGE
    BASH
    BASH
    STATS
    ULTI
    STATS UNTIL 25

YOU GET BASH FIRST BECAUSE IT SUCKS GETTING BASHED BY A MELEE HERO HARASSING YOU IN A LANE AND SOMETIMES GETS YOU RANDOM CS.
    THEN YOU GO FOR SOME AWESOME AURA BECAUSE IT MAKES YOUR NORMAL ATTACKS GO OFF LIKE A SMALL NUCLEAR WEAPON.
    CHARGE IS WORTH IT AT 5 BECAUSE YOU NEED IT BY 6 TO ACT LIKE A BESERKER AND CHARGE PEOPLE WHO YOU WANT TO KILL TO GET TO LANES FAST AND STUFF FROM THE FOUNTAIN AND PERHAPS ACTUALLY KILL THEM IF THEY'RE WEAK AND/OR UNSUPPORTED AND AT LOW HP OR YOU HAVE ALLIES WHO LIKE STOKING YOUR EGO AND COME WHEN CALLED.

THE REST IS A NO BRAINED. YOUR CHARGE IS BETTER THAN YOUR BASH ONCE OUT OF HTE LANE BECAUSE YOU CAN USE IT TWICE IN A ROW ON A HERO THAT'S BEEN CHARGED FROM THE FOUNTAIN. WHICH IS A GOOD THING AND GETS YOU A MILLION SECONDS OF FREE DISABLE WHEN YOU ARRIVE.

EARLY GAME
    PRETTY MUCH IGNORE YOU HAVE A LANE PARTNER. HE IS PROBABLY USELESS. IF HE ISN'T USELESS, HE ISN'T EXPECTING MUCH FROM YOU. CS WHEN YOU CAN, MINIMISE YOUR HARRASS, AND HIT THE COWERING *****ES ON THE OTHER TEAM WHEN YOU CAN. YOU ARE NOT A RICE MACHINE, EXPECT YOUR BRACERS AND TREADS BY ABOUT 15 MINUTES UNLESS THE OTHER TEAM ARE LEPERS. YOU WILL HAVE LEFT THE LANE BEFORE FINISHING YOUR TREADS AND BRACERS. THIS IS ALSO OK.

EARLY GANK PHASE
    IGNORE ANYTHING YOUR TEAM TRIES TO GET YOU TO DO BEFORE LEVEL 6. THIS HERO HAS NOT BEEN FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGED IN ABOUT A MILLION YEARS. THE LAST SUBSTANTIAL CHANGE HE GOT WAS A NERF THAT JUST GOT UNDONE LIKE (LITERALLY) LAST WEEK. THEY CHANGED HIM IN DOTA TO MAKE HIS CHARGE LAME AND STUFF BUT THAT DOESN'T COUNT. AS AN OLD SCHOOL DOTA HERO YOU NEED TO ACTUALLY FARM UNTIL AT LEAST LEVEL 6.
    ONCE YOU'RE LEVEL 6, AND ALL IS KINDA GOOD, **** OFF BACK TO THE FOUNTAIN AND ITEMISE WHILE YOU WAIT TO CHARGE SOME POOR ****.
    CHARGE SOMEONE WHO HAS LOW HP, NO ESCAPE MECHANISM, AND IS CLEARLY TOO STUPID OR SELFISH TO HAVE AN ALLY WITH THEM TO SAVE THEIR ARSE. ALTERNATIVELY, CHARGE SOMEONE YOUR TEAM WANTS TO KILL AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO START THE GUY UP FIRST SO YOU DON'T GO DOWN IN A BLAZE OF NUKES AND WHEN YOU ARRIVE, AND HOPEFULLY GET A KILL.
    IF YOU CHARGED TO A LANE THAT IS NOW EMPTY, CS LIKE A MADMAN UNTIL YOU PUSH THE LANE, AND THEN GO BACK TO YOUR FOUNTAIN AND DO ALL OF THIS AGAIN.

IN FACT, THIS IS YOUR MIDDLE GAME AS WELL.
    AND YOUR LATE GAME.
    THIS IS THE HERO RAMPAGE.
    AND HE'S ****ING COOL.

QUESTION FROM THE MAILBAG:
    HOW DO I OWN WITH RAMPAGE IN FIGHTS?

GLAD YOU ASKED LITTLE JIMOTHY. YOU CHARGED FROM FOUNTAIN BECAUSE YOU'RE REALLY COOL. SO WHEN YOU ARRIVE THERE ARE A FEW IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE.

FIRSTLY YOU ARE ON FULL HP AND MANA.

SECONDLY YOU HAVE FULL MS SO YOUR DAMAGE IS OFF THE HOOK.

THIRDLY YOUR CHARGE IS OFF COOLDOWN.

FOURTHLY THE OTHER DUDE IS SHITTING HIMSELF BECAUSE HE HAS NO
    ALLIES NEARBY, HAS FAIRLY LOW HP AND DOESN'T HAVE AN ESCAPE MECHANISM.

SO YOU HIT HIM AND START WAILING ON HIM.
    SOMETIME BEFORE YOUR FIRST STUN WEARS OFF, YOU CAST YOUR ULTIMATE AND HE GETS ****ING PWNT AND PUSHED AROUND AND ****.
    WHILE HE'S FEELING STUPID DOING THIS, YOU CHARGE HIM AGAIN.
    MEANWHILE, YOU FREQUENTLY BUMP HIM AROUND LIKE SOME KIND OF MEDIEVAL DODGEM CAR. LIFE IS GOOD.

ONE OF TWO THINGS HAPPENS. EITHER YOU KILL HIM, THEN QUICKLY RICE THE NEAREST EMPTY LANE AND B TO FOUNTAIN TO DO IT AGAIN OR ALLIES APPEAR OUT OF ****ING NOWHERE AND KILL YOU, BUT THEN HE HAS TO B ANYWAY BECAUSE HE'S AT LIKE 15 HP/HE ESCAPES FROM A 522MS BASHING RHINO.

EITHER WAY, WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS SIMPLE, DO THE WHOLE THING AGAIN.

BACK THE HELL OFF IF THE PERSON ISN'T AS ALONE AS YOU'D LIKE.

PICK ON AGI CARRIES AND SQUISHY INT BECAUSE THEY'RE EASY TO KILL DUE TO YOUR MAGIC IMMUNITY AND 7ISH SECONDS OF FREE DISABLE AT THE START OF THE FIGHT.

MID/LATEGAME:

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU WERE ALREADY DOING.

TEAMFIGHTS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN AT BASES AND STUFF BECAUSE THEIR ENTIRE TEAM SHOULD BE WALKING AROUND IN TIGHT KNIT GROUPS AND BEING FORCED TO HAVE MINI TEAM FIGHTS ALL AROUND THE MAP EVERY 30 SECONDS TO A MINUTE BECAUSE OF SOME RETARDED RHINO. YOUR GOAL TO WIN THE GAME IS TO MAKE 1 OR 2 PEOPLE ON THEIR TEAM TOO UNDERFARMED TO EFFECTIVELY HELP THEIR TEAM. THEN AT SOME STAGE, IT'S INEVITABLE THERE'LL BE AN ACCIDENTAL 5V5 AROUND ONE OF YOUR RETARDED FOUNTAIN CHARGES AND YOU WILL WIN THE GAME BY GENOCIDING THEM BY RAPING 2/3 HEROES WHILE THEIR AXIS OF ADVANCE IS SOMEWHERE THAT DOESN'T TAKE A LULZY RHINO INTO ACCOUNT. ONCE GENOCIDE HAPPENS, YOUR TEAM SHOULD GET IT'S **** TOGETHER AND RAX A LANE, WHICH SHOULD BE EASY BECAUSE 4/5 TIMES TEAMFIGHTS HAPPEN ON THEIR SIDE OF THE MAP BECAUSE HEROES RUN FUNNY PLACES WHILE BEING CHARGED (SCIENTIFIC FACT).

IF THE OTHER TEAM TAKES A SUBSTANTIAL EARLY ADVANTAGE, MAYBE READ ANOTHER GUIDE THAT FOLLOWS SOME ****ING GAY BUILD FOR RAMPAGE AND TRIES TO TURN HIM INTO SOME KIND OF ACTUAL 5V5 TEAMFIGHTER BASED AROUND BASHING PEOPLE TO REDUCE THEIR EFFECTIVENESS AND GETTING MAGIC IMMUNITY OR SOME STUPID GAY **** LIKE THAT.

IMPORTANT OTHER TACTICS:
    YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED THIS GUIDE IS WRITTEN ALL IN CAPS. THIS IS BECAUSE RAMPAGE IS A REAL MAN, AND SO ONLY SPEAKS IN A MANLY VOICE. IN TEXT MANLY VOICES ARE ALL CAPS. ALSO, MANLY MEN DON'T WHISPER OR CONNIVE BEHIND PEOPLE'S BACKS. THEREFORE ONLY USE TEAMCHAT. ALSO, REAL MEN INSULT PEOPLE AND TALK ABOUT MURDER, PILLAGE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY RAEP ALL THE TIME. REAL MEN HAVE IDLE CONVERSATIONS WHILE CHARGING FROMTHE FOUNTAIN ABOUT PEOPLE'S CS'S, HOW IT'S OK TO TAKE RHINO CAWK NOW AND AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU DON'T PUSH BACK TOO HARD AND HOW IT'S OK TO GET STOMPED BY RAMPAGE NOW AND AGAIN. IF AN ENEMY HERO IS FEMALE, EVEN IF THEY ARE AN INSECT OR SOMETHING WIERD, MAKE CHARGING THEM A PRIORITY SO YOU CAN TALK MORE ABOUT RAEPING THEM AND RHINO CAWKS. THIS IS ACTUALLY THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE GUIDE. DO NOT USE ABBREVIATIONS, THEY ARE FEMININE AND WEAK, REAL MEAN LAUGH BY SAYING "HAW HAW HAW!" AND NOT BY SAYING "lol that was relly funny guize!" WHICH CLEARLY ONLY A HOMOSEXUAL OR WELSHMAN WOULD SAY. TRASH TALK SHOULD ALSO NOT BE LIMITED TO THE OTHER TEAM, YOUR TEAM PROBABLY DESERVES TRASH TALK IN ALL CHAT TOO - DON'T EVER HESITATE TO DO THIS.
    IF YOU ARE PLAYING THIS GUIDE CORRECTLY, YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY BE SPENDING ABOUT HALF OF IT ACTUALLY NOT INPUTTING ANYTHING INTO YOUR HERO, BUT EITHER GOING TO/FROM THE FOUNTAIN CHARGING, OR HEALING AT THE FOUNTAIN, OR DEAD WHICH MEANS YOU SHOULD HAVE PLENTY OF TIME FOR MANLY CHATTING.

REMEMBER
    REAL MEN CHARGE FROM THE FOUNTAIN.
    REAL MEN DON'T BUY BKB.
    REAL MEN ALWAYS BUY FROSTBURN.
    REAL MEN ALWAYS BUY TREADS.
    REAL MEN ALWAYS BUY THREE BRACERS.
    REAL MEN ALWAYS ALLCHAT IN ALLCAPS FOR ALLTRASHTALK ALLGAME.
    REAL MEN NEVER PUSH WITH THEIR TEAM BECAUSE 5V5 TEAMFIGHTS ARE FOR MYM TRYHARDS.

THIS GUIDE IS DEFINATELY SERIOUS BUSINESS. THIS IS (IN ALL COMPLETE HONESTY) HOW I PLAY RAMPAGE. THIS IS HOW I PLAYED SPIRIT BREAKER AS WELL BEFORE THE UNGODLY NERF. NOW THAT HE IS BACK I WILL USE HIM WITH HONOUR FOR CONTINUOUS ASSAULT UNTIL SOME FGT NERFS HIM AGAIN, OR TRIES TO MAKE HIM ANOTHER COOKIE CUTTER STR CHASER FOR 5V5 FIGHTS.
    HAVE FUN PUBBING IT UP WITH THE MOST AWESOME PUB MENTALITY EVER.

MAY MOTHER EARTH GUIDE YOU!
    You spelled Heartfelt wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackaruu View Post
    You spelled Heartfelt wrong.
    lol don't be that guy.

dude pzkw, we need to play some rampage/moon queen combo sometime, hit me up.

btw i just read rampage's hero epilogue and rofled. his ****ing rhino is named Horatio

This guide is ****ing hilarious. And i also love how you recognized rampage as being a shitty hero, and thus worked your guide around that to make him effective. In some substantially small way.

May the winds be at your back

Skeleton King guide was better. Good try though 2/5
    "The game will be way better than the 2 major competitors combined, we have upgraded the gameplay and systems and everything to inhuman levels. Also, I don't want to comment some of the features of our competitors but I got to say that at least our servers will be up all the time. We don't want to disappoint our customers. If you liked DotA you will love Dota 2."
    -IceFrog

When asked about Dota 2 compared to its competitors.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Darxio View Post
    Best guide I have ever read. Fifteen thumbs up.

Mostly just this.

Account Icon
    If I could give you my virginity, I would.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanlegend View Post
    Agree ;!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Well played, good sir.

Not as manly as Leoric and his all caps guide. (because rampage has testicles)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shixax View Post
    There's something I don't quite understand, why is Idejder called the "Red Jedi"?
    My Guide to Lane Control

Game Master Account Icon
    10/10

But i dont see why rampage cant be played in the metagame.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyclam View Post
    10/10

But i dont see why rampage cant be played in the metagame.
    trying to gank as rampage is like yelling in all chat that you're gonna gank someone.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnn View Post
    trying to gank as rampage is like yelling in all chat that you're gonna gank someone.
    Not really. If you do it right, by the time they know they're being stampeded you should be near them with 522 movement speed already.

Do it right...? Is there a skill he has that turns off the notification your opponent gets?

Account Icon
    Thank you for this guide; thanks to it I've grown very confident with Rampage and it's one of my favorite heroes. My regular route involves getting Elder Parasite ASAP however, and depending on enemy matchup, indeed possibly Insanitarius next. At around level 9-11 that's enough to kill pretty much anything 1v1. Main reason to get Elder Parasite though is for farming; having it means you can go straight to killing the hardest jungle neutrals, even ancients, and hijack enemy creeps without breaking a sweat.

PS: Enemies having Nullstone SUCKS
    Last edited by Ahistaja; 05-04-2010 at 04:37 AM.

I just wonder what the manly OP thinks when he visits www.rampage.com

sad... so sad..

Would you consider adding a portion of the guide for solo-mid Rampage? He rapes puny heroes like SS or blood hunter, due to his ability to deny them to death, and can usually murder his solo-opponent once he hits 6.

i also play him solo mid and i get boots first with aura on lvl1 and get aura as fast as i can on 4. bash only on lvl 1 till i have the other skill on 4.

I also get a runed axe so i have enough mana to spam my skills. Also a nice way to farm very fast :>
    Hero Suggestions:
    Huntress: http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/her...ntress%20vers1

Help!
    I need Somebody! Help! Not just anybody!
    Help! I need someone! HEEEEEELLLLPPP!!!!
    I need people who play competitive games with clans and have very much experience with all heroes.

I love this guide, pls keep up the good work cause i had some really nice loughs AND BTW THIS IS HOW I PLAY MY RAMPAGE AND ITS FRIGGIN NICE!

<3<3 goes out to PzKw!

Never thought of this way before. Im gona try it later today, and after the responses I will probably kick ass.
    CAPS LOCK FTW + RAMPAGE FTW = ULTIMATE PWNAGE/RAEPEGE/PILLAGE
    With some manly HAW HAW HAW in the background.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast