Solution to leavers! Must look, S2 Might implement this!
So I was thinking, it basically ruins the game when a person leaves.
There is a solution to this that may re-define this game.
What is it?
Ok so soon S2 will implement Matchmaking as it would be a heroic feature to the game. But to furthermore extend it, how about allowing a player to join a game In progress which a person has left for over 5 minutes?
This basically supplies a player with information on the character that has left (Level, Kills, Deaths, Items, Team Levels, Hellbourne kills, Legion kills) or just say, the games total statistics and overview. Then if they choose to join it, they just take the spot of the player that has left. Simple enough?
Still don't get it?
Game starts, 15:43 in game.
"PlayerName" Puppet Master has been disconnected.
20:43 in game.
"PlayerName" Puppet Master has been kicked for disconnection.
Any random player that is in the matchmaking GIP (Game In Progress) search sees the GIP. He clicks it and gets the overview page where he has the choice to take Puppet Master's position or not.
PudgeMissing's suggestion: Considering there's not much incentive to join a GIP which the character would be under leveled. Only certain GIP with the leavers team having more PSR to win, and much less PSR to lose.
Eg. PSR: +15/-3
Therefore, you haven't got much to lose, yet a lot to gain if you manage to pull it off.
Ability to vote player in, in game.
If a person tries to join the game, the team has a little drop down bar (Like the concede 'thumbs up' thumbs down').
The allows the team to vote to let a player take over the position of the disconnected.
I would set the voting % at 75% so it would take 3 out of the 4 players on that team to vote another player in.
All critism is welcome, feel free to post suggestions as well.
S2, please consider this as it will top off the almost perfect game you have created. I promise I'll support you all the way through
Could work, but there would need to be some sort of incentive to taking a leavers place. How about if the leaver is guarenteed to lose the PSR at stake for the game, however, the replacement player has the potential to win the PSR at stake for that player, but should they lose the psr would be deducted from the leaver rather than themselves. This may make joining a leaver game more appealing than normal play, but there has to be some sort of incentive to taking a game over half way.
Leaver penalty needs to be increased IMO, larger PSR hit should do the trick. I don't think this would work due to the reasons above my post. Nobody wants to join a game to have to make up for an idiot who didn't level properly, has a terrible KD for the match, and no gold. And to throw the new person joining extra gold and XP would imbalance the game.
No, because after 5 mins, that hero is way too outlved, and would always be in disadvantage. Maybe getting in just to feed the other team.
Sometimes it would be nice, but it's not something I'd like to see happening.
Here's one possible solution to the problems described above:
- Allow a replacement to join after the leaver has been gone for only 30 seconds (it'll probably take another 30 seconds for the replacement to enter the game). If the original returns within 5 minutes of leaving, the replacement is kicked from the game as soon as the original player finishes connecting. This prevents replacement players from inheriting a hero that's been sitting in the fountain for 5 minutes getting outleveled. Naturally, the replacement wouldn't gain or lose any PSR if the original player returns.
- The replacement player has the opportunity to gain PSR equal to the PSR he would gain if he started on the team he joins. For example, if a 1600 player replaces a 1400 player and wins, he gains less PSR than the 1400 would have. This prevents high-rated players from gaining lots of PSR for joining noob games. The PSR gain/loss of other players in the game does not change.
- The replacement player does not lose any PSR, and does not gain a loss, if his team loses. His K/D/A changes based on his performance since he joined. His Creep Kills, Creep Denies, etc, are added to those of the player he replaced.
- The replacement player may disconnect at any time without receiving a disconnect. This is to guard against the case where a player leaves because his team is being abusive, only to be replaced by a new victim.
- When a replacement finishes connecting, the game is automatically paused (after the standard 5-second pause countdown). The team receiving the replacement may vote, after viewing the replacement's stats, whether or not to accept him (3/4 to pass).
The above rules try to give players a good incentive to replace leavers while preventing possible abuse of the replacement system. Feel free to add these suggestions to the OP if you agree with them.