Thread: There is a God, else we are in hell

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 279
  1. #1

    There is a God, else we are in hell

    Ex nihilo nihil fit (from nothing, nothing is produced).

    Pretty much a universal law.

    From this we can deduce that if the universe exists now, it was either created by God (an entity representing infinite) or it has always existed. There are no other possibilities. If God didn't create it, and it hasn't always existed, it couldn't have popped out of nowhere, because then it contradicts ENNF. Universal heat death is not possible as long as ENNF stands; what are the odds of us living in a fixed segment of time followed by an infinite of universal heat death? It is "any number/infinity" which is a number so small it is effectively zero.

    So then:

    A) Universe was created by God
    There is an end to the universe. God decides what happens to us after death, and after the expiration of the universe.

    B) Universe has always existed
    If there is an eternity behind us and an eternity in front of us, then we can safely assume anything that CAN happen HAS happened infinite times and WILL happen infinite more times. That means humanity has and will exist forever, in an infinitely recursive loop. Also implies that our consciousness will be reborn after each revolution, and we will live our lives identically in every second, thought, and little detail. Indirectly implies every moment of our lives will conclusively last an eternity, because any portion of infinite, regardless of how minute, is still infinite. Nietzsche anyone?

    Anyway whether or not you take this seriously, I don't really care. Come to think of it, I don't know why I even posted this. Just had a philosophical discussion and I'm feeling typey. Also looking for actual philosophy peoples to make me look like a fool.
    Last edited by SpasticMouse; 01-15-2010 at 07:24 AM.
    upsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsups
    upsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsups
    upsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsups
    upsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsups


  2. #2
    I only made this second post because spammers (deleted already) were raging about 2012.
    Last edited by SpasticMouse; 01-15-2010 at 06:51 PM.
    upsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsups
    upsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsups
    upsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsups
    upsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsupsups


  3. #3
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dark Realm
    Posts
    172
    2012 will be the apocalypse and War will kill demons n **** to restore the balance.

  4. #4
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticMouse View Post

    Thirdly, if it does end the universe, the we can comfort ourselves in the fact that god does exist.
    God does not forgive... God does not forget!

    It's OK, hell is a place of LARPs and nerds; We'll play dungeons and dragons for all eternity! How fun is that?

  5. #5
    Online
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,746
    Alternative 2 is the right one, which means that your post really doesn't mean ****.
    In this universe, nothing really matters, nothing really makes a difference.
    I'd advice everyone to suicide in order to end their miserable lives full of nothing.

  6. #6
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by N0lifer View Post
    Alternative 2 is the right one, which means that your post really doesn't mean ****.
    In this universe, nothing really matters, nothing really makes a difference.
    I'd advice everyone to suicide in order to end their miserable lives full of nothing.
    Likewise

  7. #7
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    795
    If god exsist he is a **** because he don't help people

  8. #8
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hangzhou, China
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Magissia View Post
    If god exsist he is a **** because he don't help people
    No one ever said he had to be a good guy! Why people get so stuck on the fact that god or whatever has to be all good and stuff is beyond me.

    Also, here's the real story of 2012:

    Like 1100AD

    <Mayan Dude 1> Man, we got this calender done till like 900 years from now, can we be done yet?
    <Mayan Dude 2> Ok, I guess. People can do more later.
    *Mayans die

  9. #9
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    591
    where did god come from?

  10. #10
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by magnakaser View Post
    No one ever said he had to be a good guy! Why people get so stuck on the fact that god or whatever has to be all good and stuff is beyond me.
    If god was a bad guy and if he exsist, he is a **** because he do absolutely nothing, he don't go in the street with guns and kill people.

  11. #11
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Inside my Head.
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by magnakaser View Post
    No one ever said he had to be a good guy! Why people get so stuck on the fact that god or whatever has to be all good and stuff is beyond me.

    Also, here's the real story of 2012:

    Like 1100AD

    <Mayan Dude 1> Man, we got this calender done till like 900 years from now, can we be done yet?
    <Mayan Dude 2> Ok, I guess. People can do more later.
    *Mayans die
    Yes but if he's not good then why praise him?

    And i loled at the mayans story xD

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticMouse View Post
    Ex nihilo nihil fit (from nothing, nothing is produced).

    Pretty much a universal law.
    It's funny because vacuums constantly produce electromagnetic particles.

  13. #13
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclesoppa View Post
    It's funny because vacuums constantly produce electromagnetic particles.
    Vacuum still has energy.

  14. #14
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    where the sheep roam free
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticMouse View Post
    Just had a philosophical discussion and I'm feeling typey. Also looking for actual philosophy peoples to make me look like a fool.
    k i'll try

    first possible problem with your argument is that you limit yourself to 2 possible causes only - either God created the universe, otherwise nothing else did and the universe has always existed.

    even though you go on to argue "if God didn't create it [the universe]" that is rather flawed logic, because there could have been other origins. [the Big Bang theory for example]

    based on this i'm likely to dismiss your reasoning, since you do not admit other causes of the universe in your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oOo View Post
    crazysheep wins
    Tooltip update for unpurgeable (de)buffs
    Demented Shaman guide

    Need a place to discuss private clan business?
    Or are you looking for a place to discuss StarCraft II?
    This would be a good place to start -->

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by crazysheep View Post
    k i'll try

    first possible problem with your argument is that you limit yourself to 2 possible causes only - either God created the universe, otherwise nothing else did and the universe has always existed.

    even though you go on to argue "if God didn't create it [the universe]" that is rather flawed logic, because there could have been other origins. [the Big Bang theory for example]

    based on this i'm likely to dismiss your reasoning, since you do not admit other causes of the universe in your argument.
    Just thought id say that the big bang theory is as much bullshit of a theory as god not creating the universe. Big Bang Theory if i recall was also thought to be an unsupported theory by now.

    Sometimes there really isn't an answer we as humans can provide.
    R.I.P 7/25/09 - 2/04/10 (Death of Gifs in Signatures)
    Animated Blue Thunderbear

  16. #16
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by SpasticMouse View Post
    Ex nihilo nihil fit (from nothing, nothing is produced).

    Pretty much a universal law.

    From this we can deduce that if the universe exists now, it was either created by God (an entity representing infinite) or it has always existed. There are no other possibilities. If God didn't create it, and it hasn't always existed, it couldn't have popped out of nowhere, because then it contradicts ENNF. Universal heat death is not possible as long as ENNF stands; what are the odds of us living in a fixed segment of time followed by an infinite of universal heat death? It is "any number/infinity" which is a number so small it is effectively zero.

    So then:

    A) Universe was created by God
    There is an end to the universe. God decides what happens to us after death, and after the expiration of the universe.

    B) Universe has always existed
    If there is an eternity behind us and an eternity in front of us, then we can safely assume anything that CAN happen HAS happened infinite times and WILL happen infinite more times. That means humanity has and will exist forever, in an infinitely recursive loop. Also implies that our consciousness will be reborn after each revolution, and we will live our lives identically in every second, thought, and little detail. Indirectly implies every moment of our lives will conclusively last an eternity, because any portion of infinite, regardless of how minute, is still infinite. Nietzsche anyone?

    Anyway whether or not you take this seriously, I don't really care. Come to think of it, I don't know why I even posted this. Just had a philosophical discussion and I'm feeling typey. Also looking for actual philosophy peoples to make me look like a fool.
    You make zero sense. There aren't only two options here. There isn't 'well it was either here forever, or god made it.' Do you know how the Earth was formed? Because it started with a huge collision in space where a meteor chunk got thrown into our Suns orbit, and sat there collecting other small pieces of rock for millions of years. The entire planet was nothing but liquid magma at one point. Boom, in comes ANOTHER planet or celestial body mass to scrape the top part of the Earth, causing it to recollect itself with all the iron and such towards the middle (core) and the rest towards the outer (how we got the mantle). The Moon is just the leftovers from the planet that crashed into Earth during it's formation, and millions of years of space debree which started, literally, as pieces of rock/meteor that literally cannot be seen by the naked eye.

    We haven't unlocked **** so far as knowing how things work. In reality, if you wanna get into it, we (as humans) might know .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the total knowledge of the universe. For all we know there's a master race that's been around for eons that created earth and genetically created humans and threw us on here.

    EVERYTHING about the universe is speculation at this point, to say a definite "god made it or it's always been" is just foolish and ignorant. Oh, and it's also someone trying to sound a lot more deep / philosophical than they really are.

  17. #17
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    609
    The universe was created by the Humans that existed before the last Big Bang. Those Humans were created by the other humans that existed before the last 2 Big Bangs. And so on.

    Everything is too perfect in this universe. If the speed of light was just 1 digit different, everything would be COMPLETELY different.

    The purpose of the human race is to create and maintain intelligence.

    Now flame me :P

  18. #18
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hangzhou, China
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by SyKot View Post
    The universe was created by the Humans that existed before the last Big Bang. Those Humans were created by the other humans that existed before the last 2 Big Bangs. And so on.

    Everything is too perfect in this universe. If the speed of light was just 1 digit different, everything would be COMPLETELY different.

    The purpose of the human race is to create and maintain intelligence.

    Now flame me :P
    You're absolutely right, if **** in the universe was different **** would be different. We're here cause stuff is how it is. Now that we've gotten that out of the way let's start learning something hard like colors.

  19. #19
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    703
    Everything in the universe is far from "too perfect".

    You gonna tell me that black holes, which can annihilate entire galaxies at a time, or dying suns that shoot Gamma Rays out for lightyears on end are part of "too perfect?"

    There's huge chunks of the universe out there that are in complete and total turmoil just because they didn't have the perfect combination that we have.

    It's all just a numbers game. Somewhere, eventually, Earth and Sol were going to be created in a way that could sustain life.

    Now what will really flip your mind and drive you crazy if you really think about it, is that the Big Bang and most other theroies on how the universe started will tell you that it's basically one side of the universe mirroed to the next.

    Which means, possibly, that somewhere out there, millions upon millions of light years away (talking absolutely other end), is another earth, with people posting on this same message board.

    Except they're all nazi's there because the Nazi regime won.

  20. #20
    Everything in the universe is far from "too perfect".
    I will easily say now... Is the drug that you are on availiable over the counter?

    You gonna tell me that black holes, which can annihilate entire galaxies at a time, or dying suns that shoot Gamma Rays out for lightyears on end are part of "too perfect?"
    Uh.. Look lower down your idea of perfect bro. That's just how things work. Things happen for a reason and simply saying its just a release of energy.

    There's huge chunks of the universe out there that are in complete and total turmoil just because they didn't have the perfect combination that we have.
    Yes and now we still dont care for those parts of the universe.

    It's all just a numbers game. Somewhere, eventually, Earth and Sol were going to be created in a way that could sustain life.
    Let me guess you play HoN religiously and Sol is your savior?

    Now what will really flip your mind and drive you crazy if you really think about it, is that the Big Bang and most other theroies on how the universe started will tell you that it's basically one side of the universe mirroed to the next.
    mirrored* Please elaborate more because this is seemingly incomplete due to lack of arguement backup.


    Which means, possibly, that somewhere out there, millions upon millions of light years away (talking absolutely other end), is another earth, with people posting on this same message board, except they're all nazi's there because the Nazi regime won.
    Possible but not probable.
    R.I.P 7/25/09 - 2/04/10 (Death of Gifs in Signatures)
    Animated Blue Thunderbear

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •