Thread: Pebbles Question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pebbles Question

K so I'm not quite sure how pebbles' spells work.

Stalagmites says:

Deals 100 / 180 / 260 / 300 Magic damage and stuns each target in radius for 2 seconds.

Units affected by Chuck take double the damage.

The way it's worded leads one to believe that you have to chuck a hero so that they are affected by 'chuck' and then cast stalagmites...

However my friend says it's stalagmites -> chuck.

Which is it? Also S2 should make a hint that is more clear.

Account Icon
    Work on both ways

kthx

Account Icon
    TL;DR STALAGMITES -> CHUCK

you cast stalagmites and instantly cast chuck on them, the way it works is you need to be in melee range, so that you can cast chuck on them chucking them straight up onto your stalagmites causing them to get butt hurt

imagine a 900 magic damage hit and then a hit for about 200 physical damage.... almost guaranteed death

Account Icon
    Stalagmites do their damage in waves,if you've noticed,and if your target is chucked while the waves are going off,they will double their damage up.If u use stalagmites + chuck instanlty,you're doing it right.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The description does indeed sound confusing.

It should say something like "Units Chucked during Stalagmites effect receive double the damage."

amiright?

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MohJ View Post
    The description does indeed sound confusing.

It should say something like "Units Chucked during Stalagmites effect receive double the damage."

amiright?
    Well wouldnt that mean it only works if you cast stalagmites 1st, then chuck? I actually dont think the original explaination is wrong. It doesn't say you need to do one, then the other. It simply means that if the enemy has 'chuck' applied, be it before or after stalagmites has started, he gets double damage.
    Perfection is nothing more than the World's idealism

Quote Originally Posted by ImATruck View Post
    Stalagmites do their damage in waves,if you've noticed,and if your target is chucked while the waves are going off,they will double their damage up.If u use stalagmites + chuck instanlty,you're doing it right.
    But if he is in the air is he still taking damage during this? And by the time you throw the guy stalagmites is usually done casting.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
    But if he is in the air is he still taking damage during this? And by the time you throw the guy stalagmites is usually done casting.
    This is why you use portal key to pop right up to someone, or use your combo on someone already disabled by a teammate.

Account Icon
    The combo works either way, but it is easier to stun then throw, especially early game when you don't have the luxury of Portal Key.

If you stun first you also have the option to throw them somewhere else, at a low HP enemy or to an incoming ally, for example. Throwing first forces you to finish them where they fall, while stunning first gives you options as well as a better method of initiating the fight (with or without Portal Key) because it has the potential to stun more units than just the one you're throwing.

`dg

Account Icon
    Yes,it double hurts even while in air,as stalagmites work in waves,not immediately.

Stalagmites hits 4 times over the course of a second for 75 damage each time. So the goal is to get as many of those 4 to hit while the enemy is being tossed, which lasts exactly one second. So the best way to do it is Stalagmites, and then Chuck the guy while Stalagmites is traveling (it has a slight delay based on distance). Chuck -> Stalag has a lower chance of missing a target you've already tossed in the air, but Stalag -> Chuck has a slightly larger window for all 4 to hit and can be easier to hit, since Chuck sometimes targets the guy you don't want to hit.

Account Icon
    -snip- :\
    Last edited by High6; 01-15-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Padawanabee View Post
    Stalagmites hits 4 times over the course of a second for 75 damage each time. So the goal is to get as many of those 4 to hit while the enemy is being tossed, which lasts exactly one second. So the best way to do it is Stalagmites, and then Chuck the guy while Stalagmites is traveling (it has a slight delay based on distance). Chuck -> Stalag has a lower chance of missing a target you've already tossed in the air, but Stalag -> Chuck has a slightly larger window for all 4 to hit and can be easier to hit, since Chuck sometimes targets the guy you don't want to hit.
    So with this analysis it would seem to maximize your damage you actually want to chuck -> stalagmite.

Not stalgmite -> chuck.

This is the type of confusion that can be avoided with a better hint in the description of pebbles.

Account Icon
    Okay, messed up a bit. Anyways, stalagmite -> chuck does the most damage. Although sadly it is only ~40 extra damage.

And yes I tried casting instantly and waiting a sec, both do the same thing.
    Last edited by High6; 01-15-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Account Icon
    Correct me if im wrong but i BELIEVE how it works is thus.
    Toss creates a dummy target where you are. And a target in air. So stalagmites hit the dummy on the ground and the actual hero in air

Well now i'm really confused

Account Icon
    lol smokes. Ill break it down only cause i play with you a lot

It doesnt matter which you cast first as long as the target is in the air when they are hit.

So if you stun then toss as long as the stalags are doing dmg when they go in mid air they take DD.

Or you can toss them then stun the ground where they were/going to land and they take DD.

Its all the same

AHhh it's all so clear to me now... time to rapee with pebbles

Account Icon
    Stun Chuck in close succession, as smoothly as possible.

i chuck stun always

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast