Thread: Electrician

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M5D_SP3 View Post
    on new pacth
    start with 1 runes of bligh, skill shield. try dont get hit and get few creeps
    dont lvl grip till lvl 7 only shiel and electric. when u got 875 goi to magic shop buy mantube . from this moment u can just sit next to creeps and spam your ele burn .
    upgrade to sustainer asap, than make sac stone from sustainer. than frost field. u will got alot casdh just sit next to enemy creep wave and when they like 3/4 hp use your ele and they die. dont do enything expetfarming till u got sac stone than u can go freely gank kill whateer, u can survive 1 vs 5 and run away . the new ele is retardet unkilable beast . when u get frostplate u got so insane armor than chronos with savage will make almost 0 damage to u . that is funny when farmed chronos spam chat , when he can do shiet to u with his savage mace loool, after that if game is not over get behe . u should finish with 0 dies .
    No. You're not supposed to farm, you're a ganker. Leave farming to the carries.

Havent played him since the patch yet, but I'd go with some random, standard start items, doesnt really matter what you get really.
    Then build power supply > plated greaves > frostfield plate > whatever. And unless someone else on your team is already warding, ward.

Edit: Actually, sacrifical stone before frostfield plate actually makes more sense, if you're doing it right and roaming whilst not getting hero or creep kills you more than likely wont get both though.
    Skill build will likely be the same because you dont have enough mana to sustain your shield early into the game.
    Last edited by Canas; 01-28-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Account Icon
    canas but ele after patch is freeking carry . hes unstopable . chronos 25 with best items lock me in chronosphere and wtf he hit few times see that he doing no damage and run away .. last game i simply get 5 ppl tryng to kill me and they cannot . if this is not carry i dont know what is carry . u make huuge damage u can simply stand and toe to toe any other unit in game only problem is wich slayer cuz miniaturization take down your shield. but anyway 4 k hp + 1700 mana 48 aoe damage 40+ armor + self buff dispell pff try to stop that . before patch he was mid class ganker now hes uber whole game with sustainer ur untouchable in line if u get shield ele shield ele shield build. on lvl 5 your shield make 35 aoe damage + mana drain from ele is imba
    and is mather start items u need get man tube asap if u buy just 1 blight runes u got 500 gold u need kill 4 creeps to buy tube than u can sit and kill creeps without fear of taking damage cuz no meale will try to come close due of ele damage on lvl 6 if u get charge on 7 your ele make 250 aoe damage + mana drain its 2 shots chronos in line . i played 10 games already on new ele and this build works. at last in non em 1600+ pub games . Ele is now unstopable force

and canas ele is now best farmer in game. he one shot whole creep wave , he one shot neutral stacks . whatever he never run out of mana and he take 0 damage lool make 20 staks of neutrals go one shot them all 3k cash from 150 mana :P
    u can easly outfarm anyne in game including archer
    Last edited by M5D_SP3; 01-28-2010 at 11:01 AM.

@M5D_SP3

do you have a replay you can show? I want to see that myself.

Account Icon

my 3 last games feel free to watch it
    the first match here was rly rly tuff rly good game armadon !!!
    Last edited by M5D_SP3; 01-28-2010 at 11:12 AM.

thanks.

e: ok, watched the third replay now. that wasnt really a hard game cause legion sucked balls but it is indeed kinda interesting to see how well he farms now. cheers, i will have to try it out. I would get lvl1 grip early on though for the disable in critical situations or for ganks.
    Last edited by oSoM; 01-28-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Account Icon
    grip take to much mana and better get shield maxed first to get low damage and loose less mana

on new pacth
    start with 1 runes of bligh, skill shield. try dont get hit and get few creeps
    dont lvl grip till lvl 7
    And that's where I stopped reading.

Without wanting to sound like an egotistical prick telling everyone that their build isn't valid, your build isn't valid. Or at bear minimum, isn't using Electrician anywhere close to his full potential.

Even with the new patch, the only build you should ever use is:

1. Grip
    2. Absorption
    3. Grip
    4. Absorption
    5. Grip
    6. Static Shock/Absorption
    7. Grip
    8. Absorption
    9. Absorption/Static Shock
    10+. Shield with Shock mixed in.

Yes, the new Shield is awesome for farming and causing damage in team fights. Yes, it makes him more viable late game, at least in a "we can't just ignore this guy" sort of way. However, early game for Electrician is all about harassing/roaming/ganking, and the bottom line is that maxing Grip + Absorption first will do more damage than maxing Grip + Shield first, or *Shudder* Shield + Absorption.

Here's a replay from the only game I've gotten to play since the patch. Yes my team ended up losing, but the first 25 minutes or so show roughly, in my opinion, the proper way to use Electrician.

ID: 23845764
    Last edited by BeastmanAIDS; 01-28-2010 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idejder View Post
    Succubus has tits.

Account Icon
    what ****ing ever u want . shield is way better than grip due of aoe damage
    i agree your build was better pre patch due of aoe from grip but is NOT ANY MORE
    is primo and secundo u nerf your ability to farm
    and i rly dont care of your grip/abso combo cuz simply u dont have hp to do this in team fight without maxed shield and at last sustainer . when u grip some one in team fight u auto target to every one . i play 10 games on new ele loose 1 game cuz of ultra retardet team , so my build works well. i dont gank early cuz i want stay in line as long as posible and farm sac stone , shield save your ass when u ganked mixed with static make u able to run away most of times. the biger power of new ele is ability to insane overfarm enemy team u got sa stone when they run in boots cuz your freeking combo shield/abso kill creep wave instantly dont alowing enemy to try deny anything and u can simply sit ther and get hits and give a fu* when u got sustainer and lvl 4 shield . So no ele is not early ganker hes late ultra tank now due of his ability to farm sac stone and frost plate in 30 minutes

and most important thing your job is not to "make damage" your role is to grip MIT than another MIT and dont die in midle of this. as we see your 9 death show u fail in this . if u see my replays i dont got first in kills but im got lowest death and im in every team fight griping/slowing whatever, and i survive cuz i got uber items , becouse i farmed not ganking , and is why my team wins . if u kd whore ye go gank whatever you will be gimp late game with freeking hotbl when u rly need more int and armor not hp. u get sac stone on 43 m i got sac stone and frost plate on 30 this is diference that make .. hmm diference
    Last edited by M5D_SP3; 01-28-2010 at 01:11 PM.

well, i tried it out a bit. Ok, it was a game versus noobs, but still. Electrician farms so well now with that shield, its like a free radiance, 200cs in 30 minutes is easily possible. You can get sacrificial stone very fast. I dislike having a pure farmer so I put lvl1 in grip to help a bit with ganks, but M5D_SP3 has a point - shield maxed first seems to be way more important than grip maxed first.

maybe we really need to say goodbye to the support-ganker elec. the previous elec really sucked mid-lategame because he couldnt farm the items to be able to compete, and he kind of was item dependant. Now, with the right survivability items, new elec is so much more valuable to the team.

and most important thing your job is not to "make damage" your role is to grip MIT than another MIT and dont die in midle of this. as we see your 9 death show u fail in this .

u get sac stone on 43 m i got sac stone and frost plate on 30 this is diference that make .. hmm diference
    I only had 3 deaths prior to 35+ minutes, and the majority after that were from trying to defend a game that was already lost because my team thought having 4 melee was a good idea. And I got Plated Greaves + Sac Stone at just over 30 min, not 43.

Quote Originally Posted by oSoM View Post
    maybe we really need to say goodbye to the support-ganker elec. the previous elec really sucked mid-lategame because he couldnt farm the items to be able to compete, and he kind of was item dependant. Now, with the right survivability items, new elec is so much more valuable to the team.
    The previous Elec sucked late game because he couldn't farm and was item dependent, I agree. However, the previous Elec also was amazing at harassing/ganking early game due to his Grip + Absorb, which is now even better with this patch.

Yes, Shield + Absorb clears a wave very fast...but what exactly is the point of doing that prior to level 10 or so anyway? All it serves to do is push the creep wave closer to their tower, giving you even less chance at harassing the enemy, and letting them free farm a wave or two. After maxing Grip and Absorb, Shield still lets you farm waves ridiculously fast, and at a much more appropriate time in the game when your team should start looking to take down the outer towers.

Just for some numbers, assuming both are max level:

Grip + Absorb = 680 Damage in 4.75 seconds, every 15 seconds, as early as level 8. And that's obviously not counting creeps and/or team mates hitting them too.

In order to get the same damage from Absorb + Shield, you would have to have your Shield tick on them for 9 full seconds. 9 seconds during which they will (or should) be running away from you toward their tower or their team mates.

I probably won't post about this again, but my overall conclusion is that Grip + Absorption was already one of the best early game harassment/ganking combos in the entire game assuming you're not up against 2 Stunners; now that it's buffed it's just ridiculous. And the only thing more ridiculous is not taking full advantage of it as early in the game as possible, and get your Shield to farm later.
    Last edited by BeastmanAIDS; 01-28-2010 at 02:15 PM.
    Succubus has tits.

Electrician is not a carry. Period.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by badzilla View Post
    About frostfield, elec can tank because of his mana shield which takes damage out of your mana bar instead of your hp. So if you max out mana shield, INT is basically STR for him. Frostfield gives INT + armor + -attack speed so it's a perfect electrician tank item.
    30 INT = 30 STR in the same way that 30 STR = 30 STR - 30 DMG. I don't consider a hero to be getting full use of a stat unless it's his primary stat and thus affecting his base damage.

It may or may not be true that the +mana and +manaregen are amazing for him, or that right-click attacking for him is fairly inconsequential, but nevertheless there's an efficiency loss there. You don't have the same efficiency loss with the glowstone-based recipes. That said, it could still be the right item despite this.

The earlier poster's point about Nullstone protecting the grip sounds very compelling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ddubois View Post
    30 INT = 30 STR in the same way that 30 STR = 30 STR - 30 DMG. I don't consider a hero to be getting full use of a stat unless it's his primary stat and thus affecting his base damage.
    His Shield reduces damage to his Health by 50%, at the cost of .75 Mana per 1 Damage.

Essentially, this means that, for an example, at Level 4 Shield if you have 1000 Health, you're not making the most of your Shield unless you have at least 750 Mana. Otherwise, your Shield will run out prior to your Health. And of course, that's not taking into account the Mana you'll lose from using your skills, negligable as it may be.

Basically, to fully benifit from your Shield, whatever your Health is you should try to have at least 75% as much Mana.
    Succubus has tits.

Account Icon
    and canas ele is now best farmer in game
    In the first replay you posted, five of the other players in the game out-farmed you, and you weren't the #1 farmer in any of the other games either.

Quote Originally Posted by ddubois View Post
    In the first replay you posted, five of the other players in the game out-farmed you, and you weren't the #1 farmer in any of the other games either.
    Also his mastery of the written word suggests he's got an IQ of 75. Why are you guys listening to him?

Account Icon
    I'm not sure if the new elec is better tank wise or not... I think he used to tank better with the armour buff... And yea the guide needs updating and more input from everyone :P

Account Icon
    I didn't use him that much prior to this patch but he is still an amazing tank. With this patch, although I guess he will be slightly less tank, he does run away and chase better now that he has the speed buff with energy absorption.

Towards the end of the game when you have plated greaves and frostfield you should have almost 50 armor. It means that you take negligble physical damage even when you don't have your shield on.

I managed to run halfway across the map with magebane hitting on me non stop, draining all of my mana, and he only got me to about half hp. I was maybe level 22 at the time and he would have been 24 or so. At that time I had plated greaves, shaman's headdress, sac stone and a frostfield plate.

Account Icon
    juice : i never learn english in school. period. and yes my iq is 65 or 55 same like chair .
    anyway they dont outfarm me i got sac in 28 minutes andfrost in 40 minutes. thats way better than enemy team . also look on gold gain , hag got only more cuz i sit half of game near anemy base and wait for them to come out .

...your iq is 65?
    Ramsay Sound Pack

I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as you are.

Account Icon
    I'm pretty sure that means that in most countries you would be eligble for some sort of diability pension. Go go...