(not sure if this is the right prefix)
Well instead of just a leave = 1 leave, I think the system should base it on many other things like:
1) People already disconnected: if there is a leaver already on your team that makes the total people on your team less than the people on the other team, it subtracts away some leave points (say maybe -.5 if it's 3v5).
2) People already disconnected on enemy team: if there is a leaver already on their team that makes the total number of players on your team less than theirs and you leave, it adds leave points (say, maybe -.5 if it was 5v3).
3) PSR: say if it's a non ab game and you leave, it depending on the win % of the other team (which is based on PSR), you would get + or - leave points based on how much the other team's win % is (more leave points if theirs is lower, less if theirs is higher).
4) RRRRRRRRRRRRage Quitting: Well, this shouldn't matter (everything else applies to this), I get enough lols out of the announcer saying "RRRRRRRRRRage QUIT".
5) Kicks: I'm not sure if this actually counts as a leave atm but it shouldn't, ever.
6) Auto RMK: if it is used, then if someone leaves before the 10:00 mark (assuming that's when auto RMK ends) then it will add some more leaver points, if left before loading time (didn't pick hero and laggs out right when game starts pretty much) then it will still add leaver points, but less than if the left when the game already begun.
So basically if you played 1 game and it was originally 5v5 and went 2v5 and u d/c and say you got .2 leave points, your leave percentage would be 20%.
Ok, I'm sorry if it's hard to follow because it's 11 pm, I'm tired, and I had to rewrite this. If there's a few points that you think is worth mentioning, mention it. I will revise this later. I just didn't want to forget so I posted.
A regular leave (5v5) would just count as 1.
Other suggestion that would go well with this:
Auto RMK before 10:00
Giving team with leaver a gold income boost and exp gain boost
Leavers Allowed Mode (allows ppl with leave percentages of 30% but no more)
Last edited by alliednoob; 12-29-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: add/fixed stuff
basically i'd reckon just recalculate the PSR as if it were 5v4 or 4v5 so the disadvantage team doesnt lose ALL of the PSR that 5v5 calculated.
and the leaver account should have more penalty for the loss of psr to keep a group of friends from exploiting such function. (i.e. the sum of the LOSING teams PSR, i say losing sometimes the game is won even at disadvantage)
this can ensure the quality of leaver free games and prevent exploits with 6 friends cranking up PSR effectively.
with the current disconnect/reconnect system and concede system i dont see any huge disadvantage about the implementation