Thread: Moira's E simili-safechannel

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Moira's E simili-safechannel

I am re-reporting a Moira bug that happened with 4.0 but got rejected due to a misunderstanding.

For clarity purpose:
    This was the original report -note, EU, that you might remember editing the title, as I was originally only referring to Moira's E and nothing else (the original title was something along the lines of "Moira's E bug")

I used the term "safechanneling" in that original thread which lead to you misunderstanding me as reporting a safechannel (the option which works only on TPs) bug. I was not. I was reporting a moira's E bug which mechanics were akin to those of safechannel. The now-gone feature on Moira's E actually predates the safechannel option, and I was calling it "safechannel" because it's the closest openly-named mechanic we have. Which is why I'm calling it here a "simili-safechannel".

So to be extradupersuperclear, here's how Moira's E worked prior to 4.0;

Once you started channeling E, the only way to cancel the cast was to press cancel/cancel&hold. E.g spamming Q because you were eager to get your stun off didn't stop the E cast midway. Effectively, any form of cast/item use with original-moira was disabled and resumed only once E was fully cast, so you couldn't screw up your E (if memory serves me, when moira was released, this didn't exist, so you could screw up your E, which was why the feature was implemented to begin with).

Now that this feature doesn't work anymore, you can mistakenly interrupt your own E, and you can't even deal with it by queueing action because it simply doesn't work -I guess because as far as the mechanics are concerned, you're effectively playing a different hero. Needless to say, this makes moira pretty frustrating to play.

If this help, I hypothesized this might be related to the fact that during the weeks of testing the 4.0 patch in november, Moira's E was broken in SBT: moira's illu spawned with all her spells on cooldown except for R. So maybe fixing her in SBT in turn popped a bug for retail that slipped with 4.0 patch, as it is the patch with which moira lost her """""">>>>simili-safechannel""""""""

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Frostburn Staff Member Frostburn Staff
    It's just easier to propose Safe Channel to apply to things other than Homecoming Stone & Post Haste.

Frostburn Studios
    Striving to create the most captivating and unforgettable gaming experiences.

ElementUser | Technical Designer | QA | Catalyst for Bugfixes, Balance & Design

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Alrighty then, are you forwarding this or should I do a suggestion thread for that?

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.