Thread: HoN needs to implement ping limits!!!

View Poll Results: Should a maximum ping limit be implemented?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 60.00%
  • No

2 40.00%
  • I don't care

0 0%
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Concede HoN needs to implement ping limits!!!

Hi Admins,

Is there any specific reason as to why you guys allow people to join a server which is on the complete opposite side of the world?
    In Australia, respectively, our games are being ruined by "People" (i quote this very diligently) who are playing with over 400ms+

Thus, this creates an imbalance of the game, and is completely unpractical. It ruins it for the gamers who are doing the right thing by selecting the correct server.
    And tbh it's not very fun playing with 2 high pingers constantly on an average of 4/10 games.

Kindly, I ask on behalf of HoN, and Australia, Could you please look into implementing ping limits for our next patch?
    I believe 250-275ms should suffice as the maximum ping limit, as the game is playable within that latency; anything above that is just plain stupid.
    Please, this is a serious issue that has been occurring for many years, and a forefront reason as to why gamers never return to this beautiful game we call hon

Many thanks

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I vote no. I have ano AUS friend I met in HoN and one of us has to bite the bullet and suck it up with the ping. Saying that I can't play with him is just absurd.

Communication is a bigger factor than high ping imo. I communicate with my 250-300 ping and we win games.

So, that's my two cents.

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I agree with the idea, but your limit is way too low. I can comfortably play and win in high tmm with 300-400 ping. i would cap it at 400, imo.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    So i just had a game and we blatantly lost because our carry was this guy;
    [B0A]rubim ping: 630ms, packet loss: 0.7%

and to top it off, i don't even think he realized he had delay.

This issue has been ongoing for years, and it really needs to get looked into.
    I understand how some players like to play globally with friends, and I think 300ms should be sufficient enough.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by destinyau View Post
    So i just had a game and we blatantly lost because our carry was this guy;
    [B0A]rubim ping: 630ms, packet loss: 0.7%

and to top it off, i don't even think he realized he had delay.

This issue has been ongoing for years, and it really needs to get looked into.
    I understand how some players like to play globally with friends, and I think 300ms should be sufficient enough.
    I wouldnt be able to play EU because my ping is 20 higher than the limit, and I can play normally with 320 ping ^^

Account Icon
    agreed
    Check out Ensid's HoN 5.0 Suggestions!
    https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/s...-0-Suggestions

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Well, considering that 300ms is the usual ping i get in the best server i can choose from, your proposition is rather silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_F View Post
    Well after you need to wait 30min to play a game and your kd (the most important stats for moat playera) is low af you will learn not to use all the time to pick a hero.