Thread: make concede 5/5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Account Icon
    But it is their job to convice you that the game is lost?

Sometimes you get hit too hard and are unable to keep going, why dont you understand it?

Yes, there are games which are still winnable after someone concedes.
    Yes, there are games which are lost at 15 minute mark but some people prolong it another 10-30 minutes for no reason.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    At the end of the day if someone likes to try and doesn't concede the game, the rest of the team has to follow. If you can't live with it and by no means want to continue playing the game, then you can always leave and take the consequences. My point is: As long as the game goes on for whatever reasons you either play and try to win or leave the match. Stop crying about the game is lost etc.
    As for what time it should be possible to even vote conecde, that is an interesting discussion which surely can lead to a more satisfying system.
    just my 3 cents

Account Icon
    lets speak in term of fact and math :

the fact is :

93% of non-cced games is lost , waste of time , not fun to play , trolls griefers only not ccing

7% could be win , may be fun to play .

manytimes u have only one hour left 4 u to play , not ccing make unable to play another game ....

the math is:

we have 5 votes for cc to be passed , each player have 1 vote .

1 vote = 20% .

now to solve the problem of troll not cc , or troll spam cc , we do this

depend on the player role/gpm/kd/wards.. in game we give his vote a power

so if one player doing and he think he can win ,and one troll lose mid and don't have solution to his lose but ccing , the math will be like this :

1-carry with 500 gpm his vote power= 30%

2-support with 150 gpm , 20 ward = 30%

3-loser mid 0-15-1 , 89 gpm ,= 10%

4-average sui , =20%

5-20 afk jung para , 347 gpm 0-0-0 ,= 10%

so now on min 25 even if both mid and jung wont cc or if the want to cc , their vote , both = 20% only = 1 vote .

and now only good players/non-trolls vote count and we get rid of trolls who not cc 100% lose just to make team suffer .....

I did written this fast pls try to understand it and improve it , with out trolling or complain

Account Icon
    IM_NOOB_BRO > I'm 100 % agree with u.
    But like u can see, S2 waste most of their time to coding new alt avatar instead of coding a decent system against troll/cc/afk. This is why hon is dead (or will die fast).

Game are not fun 90 % of the time, not because the concede, only because most of the time ONLY ONE GUY insult/troll/feed on purpose/afk/leave/ask CC15 or whatever. Only one guy can **** a game, and that why hon is so frustrating.

If only there is a decent vote system, with a decent ban system ( like 'lol' ), but there is nothing, so u can troll or afk without any problem. U can **** 9 other people without any problem. This is a troll game only because they can troll the game.
    Last edited by __Neptune__; 03-19-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    N1ppl3 it's nobody's job to convince anybody of anything, you queue the game you are expected to play and try to win it
    if you can't handle a game with a bad start, a few deaths, a fail mid early game etc... why even play? to cc15?

StreetAhead i agree with you and i actually do what you said if i see a player that wants to play and can win the game
    if somebody is doing well and he keeps trying he should not be robbed of his chance regardless of how rest of team is doing

IM_NOOB_BRO where did you come up with those numbers? anyway i don't like any excuse that people use to cc unless the game really is dead
    if you get mad, if you feed, if there are no wards or if you want to play another game as you said, etc... people should play to win regardless of anything else

anyway, the problem lies in the subconscious of people's mentality for the concede vote which is what they rely on if things go bad early game
    it may be hard to try and change this because so many are used to this system but it is a bad one and it should be improved and it can be
    a good change is needed, wherever it starts whether it's putting a cooldown on the concede vote, changing time 4/5 to like 35 minutes or making it 5/5
    either way the sooner it gets implemented the better, it will benefit everybody in the long run and again, it's the mentality that needs to change and i believe my suggestions would help with that
    hon 4.0 worst patch ever, rip

Account Icon
    I think they rly don't care and nothing will change.
    Sorry.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by cr1st1na View Post
    N1ppl3 it's nobody's job to convince anybody of anything, you queue the game you are expected to play and try to win it
    if you can't handle a game with a bad start, a few deaths, a fail mid early game etc... why even play? to cc15?
    What part of this dont you understand? If enemy carry has 2x or 3x the farm than your carry, you have no vision of map, you have lost all outer towers, you have no map control whatever the reason. Once you understand that you are too much behind then you can concede and you cant blame people for doing so. What is your problem? If 4 people agree that the game is lost then its lost no matter how idealistic you are about winning a game where you´re hopelessly behind. If you dont want your team to concede then yes, it is your job to convice your team that you have what it takes to win. Communication is key, right? But as you yourself stated, you dont care much about that. You just want to stall the lost game how ever long you can. And when you cant do that longer than 25 minutes you come to whine on forums.

Its clear as day that you are one of the few who keep people hostage in lost games and now you want the power to be able to keep them hostage until enemy team finishes. Guess what, all you are getting with this change is afkers and leavers. Thats it. You wont improve a single thing with this.

I actually find it quite amusing how you think that not being able to concede would "motivate" people to try harder and win the game. You are like somekind of sub 1k mmr player who has 0-20 score but still types "cmon, we can win this" in chat.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by cr1st1na View Post
    as title says, don't nullify my vote when I am playing with emos
    "emoˈiːməʊ/
    noun
    a style of rock music resembling punk but having more complex arrangements and lyrics that deal with more emotional subjects.
    adjective
    denoting or relating to emo and its associated subculture.
    "an emo band""

So you are saying you are ending up with people who listen to emo music, in every game? That seems weird. Frostburn should definitely look into it if that is the case.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by __Neptune__ View Post
    IM_NOOB_BRO > I'm 100 % agree with u.
    But like u can see, S2 waste most of their time to coding new alt avatar instead of coding a decent system against troll/cc/afk. This is why hon is dead (or will die fast).

Game are not fun 90 % of the time, not because the concede, only because most of the time ONLY ONE GUY insult/troll/feed on purpose/afk/leave/ask CC15 or whatever. Only one guy can **** a game, and that why hon is so frustrating.

If only there is a decent vote system, with a decent ban system ( like 'lol' ), but there is nothing, so u can troll or afk without any problem. U can **** 9 other people without any problem. This is a troll game only because they can troll the game.

Because, example, he has KD 2 + and it is poured out on KD, I do not stand on the side of such a guy, but I understand. When you play well, and your command is farmed with HOUR, when you have to go and push line on for 10 minutes.
    And then team lose because enemy pick is better in late game.
    I understand the guy who presses the CC. But I'm not on his side, I always tryed to fight.
    On this as I said, FB need to remove the KD ratio, counter so that people do not worry about their statistics and try to win. Me too, 0/10 is no longer interesting to play, if it turns out, if the team only trash and noobs, who no help,farm,play on KD. Why merge statistics? If it is already clear that we will lose. |Pass it.
    We are transferring power from HON and giving it back to you, the people !
    Remove KD ratio & win streaks

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeletalBat View Post
    "emoˈiːməʊ/
    noun
    a style of rock music resembling punk but having more complex arrangements and lyrics that deal with more emotional subjects.
    adjective
    denoting or relating to emo and its associated subculture.
    "an emo band""

So you are saying you are ending up with people who listen to emo music, in every game? That seems weird. Frostburn should definitely look into it if that is the case.

"Emo:

An entire subculture of people (usually angsty teens) with a fake personality. The concept of Emo is actually a vicious cycle that never ends, to the utter failing of humanity, and it goes something like this:

1. Girls say they like "sensitive guys" (lie)
    2. Guy finds out, so he listens to faggy emo music and dresses like a dork so chicks will see that he is sensitive and not afraid to express himself (lie). He dyes his hair black, wraps himself in a stupid looking scarf, develops an eating disorder, and rants about how "nobody understands".
    3. Now an emo guy, he meets Emo chick and they start dating, talking about how their well-off suburban lifestyles are terrible and depressing (lie)
    4. Emo guy is just too much of a *****. His penis is too small, he's too depressed to bathe, and has more mood swings than emo chick, and he doesn't even have a menstrual cycle. Emo chick dumps him, saying "It's not you, it's me." (lie) as she drives off with Wayne, the school jock and captain of the football team.
    5. Emo guy goes home and cries, proceeds to write a weak song and strum a single string on his acoustic guitar. Another emo chick sees how he is so in touch with his feelings, and the cycle continues.

This is the sad truth of the emo lifestyle/music, and now that I look at how pathetic it really is, maybe the emos DO have something to cry about!"

You're using the wrong kind of dictionary.

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by IM_NOOB_BRO View Post
    lets speak in term of fact and math :

the fact is :

93% of non-cced games is lost , waste of time , not fun to play , trolls griefers only not ccing

7% could be win , may be fun to play .

manytimes u have only one hour left 4 u to play , not ccing make unable to play another game ....

the math is:

we have 5 votes for cc to be passed , each player have 1 vote .

1 vote = 20% .

now to solve the problem of troll not cc , or troll spam cc , we do this

depend on the player role/gpm/kd/wards.. in game we give his vote a power

so if one player doing and he think he can win ,and one troll lose mid and don't have solution to his lose but ccing , the math will be like this :

1-carry with 500 gpm his vote power= 30%

2-support with 150 gpm , 20 ward = 30%

3-loser mid 0-15-1 , 89 gpm ,= 10%

4-average sui , =20%

5-20 afk jung para , 347 gpm 0-0-0 ,= 10%

so now on min 25 even if both mid and jung wont cc or if the want to cc , their vote , both = 20% only = 1 vote .

and now only good players/non-trolls vote count and we get rid of trolls who not cc 100% lose just to make team suffer .....

I did written this fast pls try to understand it and improve it , with out trolling or complain
    This works for me, anything that prevents an idiot hard carry with 1-x 20mins into the game sitting on 2xx gpm but holding hostage coz he has no game insite and refuses to cc the game is lost and playing another 15mins isnt going to make him a better player or do much of anything for the other players on the team that have already given up (and rightly so!).

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Suggestion
    Now, I'm gonna have to hold you up right there. Normally I tell people that most things aren't rocket science, but your suggestion gets very close to being just that. The amount of factors you need to take in and the amount of scenarios you need to simulate are up in the near infinite numbers. This isn't the kind of thing you just do over the span of a week, this is a suggestion that could take months, if not a year of development to even implement without even refining it so that it isn't straight up faulty and abuseable.

I know you only mean good, but sometimes the suggestions here get a bit too wild. There is realistically no easy solution to this entire dilemma, apart from using the plain old "everyone needs to agree"-method.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by BowlJob View Post
    I can count the number of times a game has been turned around (and I've been pleasantly suprised) on one hand (talking literally thousands of games).

Now if we are talking how many times I've been held hostage in a 40min game by carries with <300gpm, just multiply my number of games by 5% ;P
    I have a better solution...get rid of concede entirely. Dota 2 does it and there has been many games that have turned around. I can't stand when people quit because they think that were gonna lose but we still have all our main base towers up. Heroes of Newerth...a community in which the majority is a bunch of cry baby quitters. Just played a game of dota 2 yesterday and other team had mega creeps but the game lasted an extra 15 minutes as we were defending the base and fending off the attacks of the enemy heroes. We lost but we got a tower down even while they had mega creeps and it was fun. Please remove concede.
    Last edited by nicGeorge; 03-20-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by nicGeorge View Post
    I have a better solution...get rid of concede entirely. Dota 2 does it and there has been many games that have turned around. I can't stand when people quit because they think that were gonna lose but we still have all our main base towers up. Heroes of Newerth...a community in which the majority is a bunch of cry baby quitters. Just played a game of dota 2 yesterday and other team had mega creeps but the game lasted an extra 15 minutes as we were defending the base and fending off the attacks of the enemy heroes. We lost but we got a tower down even while they had mega creeps and it was fun. Please remove concede.
    The concede vote in hon is here to stay. We need the vote to save time. I know some people love to play against a team with +20k gold lead and by all means keep doing that if you like it. Most people however have limited game time and wouldn't like to waste their time in a lost game. You might get lucky and turn that 1 game after playing +200 games, but that doesn't mean that the concede vote is useless.
    _______

Best rage ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btd2HQf_jnE

_______

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Chime View Post
    Now, I'm gonna have to hold you up right there. Normally I tell people that most things aren't rocket science, but your suggestion gets very close to being just that. The amount of factors you need to take in and the amount of scenarios you need to simulate are up in the near infinite numbers. This isn't the kind of thing you just do over the span of a week, this is a suggestion that could take months, if not a year of development to even implement without even refining it so that it isn't straight up faulty and abuseable.

I know you only mean good, but sometimes the suggestions here get a bit too wild. There is realistically no easy solution to this entire dilemma, apart from using the plain old "everyone needs to agree"-method.

it need from 3 to 7 hours to implement 4 a good programmer , 4 u it need 10 years to understand , and 100 years to simulate .

im good at programing also ,

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    it need from 3 to 7 hours to implement 4 a good programmer , 4 u it need 10 years to understand , and 100 years to simulate .

WHYDOESNTTHE****INGSPACEBARWORKONTHISSTUPIDFORUM!! (solution copy and paste from notepad and all of a sudden it works again?)
    That said, I can concur this would only take a few hours to code (and maybe a few more to refine/test) for an average coder.
    I've been a software developer for over 10 years.

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

what Chime means is that you will need to "draw the exact line" in your algorithm, which will distinguish between those "good" and "bad" players.

Like what will you do with carry with 800 GPM? Give him 90% "power to vote" for cc?
    That 0/15 guy who you think is only feeding enemy may be actualy doing more work for a team then that 800 GPM guy.
    I really wonder how you manage to place 40 wards in a 40 minute game when wards are on 4-6 minute cooldown and you cant buy more.
    And how do you want to define "average"? That is not as easy as you make it sound.

Dont forget that every game is unique and stats from that game means absolutely different thing then stats from another game.

I am programmer too and I can tell you that it may look easy on paper, but when you actualy start coding it, then you will encounter a lot of problems and will probably end up scrapping whole system.

BowlJob:
    There are currently 2 "workarounds" for this "problem" (not counting copy pasting)
    1) dont use Google Chrome as this happens only in Google Chrome, not in any other browser
    2) when you reply to something, then put space and enter on first line. On other lines spacebar will work normaly

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

You clearly aren't a programmer, far from it. The fact that you actually believe this takes less than a day just solidifies that you're honestly just spouting bullshit. There is no finer word for this.

No wonder developers are being treated like this. People like you are criticizing them for something that is not humanly possible.
    Last edited by Chime; 03-21-2017 at 06:14 PM.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123