make concede 5/5

as title says, don't nullify my vote when I am playing with emos
    i'm sick of games where i have to motivate and carry my team
    people raging mass spamming cc vote and annoying others

this has to stop and I am baffled you guys cannot see how much it hurts hon
    hon 4.0 worst patch ever, rip

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Or lets flip that arround. Dont force the "emos" to be stuck with some delutional troll who wont concede that 7-45 game because everybody is noobs bla bla bla.
    The system is fine as it is.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I feel ya completely man.

To be honest, I noticed that when a team is raging and being emo, they will throw the game and try to avoid afk in a non-reportable way, and you will probably lose anyway. So I (you) have to motivate such babies anyway.

Also, 4/5 after 25 mins is fair enough. The cases where 4 teammates pass and I still don't want to are usually cases where I'm playing for mother russia and it's a 95% chance to lose anyway.

Bottom line - I'm against 5/5 concede vote after 25 mins. The way its right now is fine.
    Medical studies have confirmed and proved:

Your penis size (in cm) IRL = (K/D) * 10

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    4/5 after 25 is not fair since there are way too few games that are decided at that point
    not making it 5/5 because of some anticipated troll is a lose mentality to begin with

i've had plenty of games where my attitude and play won when everybody wanted to give up
    there are so many excuses people find and so many reasons to rage and spam cc instead of trying
    one's true character comes out when you are down and behind because it takes that much more motivation to win
    it's easy to just give up and blame people, feeder carry... fail mid... no wards... rus team etc.... i am sick of those

again, i don't feel it's my job to tell people what to do or how to behave or to try and win
    when you queue the game you should already have this mentality and focus on winning

Account Icon
    I believe the system is working as intended. If it does get to the 25 min mark and you are that specific one who will not see while the others do, chances are that it is a very much lost game seeing how they do not think they can win. Very rarely does someone troll to cc at 25 mins, it is usually a desperate move because the match is clearly over, they most likely did you a favor, love.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Chun you are missing the whole point here, it's not even the 25 min marker that's just the excuse people use
    people have this mentality of giving up whenever they can or passing the blame on their team knowing they can just concede
    no wards? cc. carry is not 500+gpm? cc. woods player won't gank? cc. mid noob? cc. feeder team? cc

i will always look for opportunities to turn games around and all I am asking is that my team cooperates and tries to play to win
    don't wanna make a guide on how to play the game but there is always something you can do in situations where your team is behind

if you don't give games a chance and already decide in the first few minutes that you will concede at 15 that's just a sad loser mentality
    and if i say just play guys i won't concede they will say no problem, we will concede at 25 which is why i would want a 5/5 vote

hon is more of a mental game than people realize but sadly most succumb to getting mad or flaming their team
    it's like anything else if you project positive attitude and think like that you will get positive results in most cases
    think negative, you are more likely to draw bad reactions from your team and they won't even try to play

this is also why dota will never have a surrender option at all because the designers are smart enough to know how it hurts the game
    the comeback element is always there and knowing you cannot concede will more than likely make you want to try and play
    i am not asking anybody to remove the vote just make it 5/5 then at least i alone have the chance to play good and win
    many games i feel robbed when my team decides to just give up and these types of games are really frustrating

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I don't know what everyone else's experience is but I am in more games where people refuse to CC until the core is about to be attacked.

I don't think getting 5/5 will fix anything in terms of the attitude problem you are addressing. If they are spamming cc and throwing out blames, their morale is broken and this leads to afking in fountain, afk farming jungle, or just refuse to rally for a comeback.

I think 4/5 is fine after 25 mins is fine as is. Your team decided it is a lost cause or not worth it to go on. My solution to you is convince one other person on the team that there is still hope.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I can count the number of times a game has been turned around (and I've been pleasantly suprised) on one hand (talking literally thousands of games).

Now if we are talking how many times I've been held hostage in a 40min game by carries with <300gpm, just multiply my number of games by 5% ;P

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Not an issue with the system, it's an issue with players who can't realize when a game is or isn't lost. Sadly you can't get everyone to suddenly be good at understanding the underlying game's flow.
    Best thing we could get is a 3-5min cd on CC vote so whiners couldn't spam it and annoy the hell out of the other 4 players -if we're veeeery lucky it might educate some people into giving ccing/not ccing some actual consideration. This has already been suggested, to no avail as of yet.

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Alelor View Post
    Not an issue with the system, it's an issue with players who can't realize when a game is or isn't lost. Sadly you can't get everyone to suddenly be good at understanding the underlying game's flow.
    Best thing we could get is a 3-5min cd on CC vote so whiners couldn't spam it and annoy the hell out of the other 4 players -if we're veeeery lucky it might educate some people into giving ccing/not ccing some actual consideration. This has already been suggested, to no avail as of yet.
    I know the feeling of when the game is really lost and the team keeps thinking they can win when all they do is group up and die and have no control of the map or presence to comeback, it gets really annoying seeing those " we can win" messages.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Yes?

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I believe wanting to CC has more to do with not having any fun in the game anymore than with not liking your odds to win the game. It just isn't fun to keep supporting that one go getter just in case the enemy team starts throwing massively.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    5/5 would be better than it is at now, because as I have said if game goes bad in first 5-10 minutes people rely on the cc15
    it's a subconscious thing doing this knowing you can just play another game if all pass instead of trying to win the current one
    say all you like but very few games are actually decided so fast so early it's the mentality of not wanting to play that robs the chance
    and again this mentality relies on the concede vote, if i say i won't pass a cc15 they will say np we will cc25 and just waste the time

dota 2 has no concede and will never have one and it is a proven system that works not to mention how many more people play it compared to hon
    without it people there at least try a lot more than they do here, you cannot leave all games if things don't work early on and that system actually encourages people to play since you can't immediately give up

the spam cc vote can also be reworked, it only brings negativity towards people that actually still want to play and try to win the game
    if 1 or 2 people rage vote it every time it can really put others off and it's bad sportsmanship plus it can give other team momentum as well

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    cr1st1na: but with concede requiring 5/5 votes every time it promotes trolling
    as for example in lower ranks you will probably meet a lot of 0/20/0 guys at 10th minute constantly feeding enemy team knowing that no one of his team will be able to concede.

4/5 concede votes at 25th minute prevents this behavior.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    CC - good thing. Of course from time to time come across emo or Nuba or mid cancer, etc.
    To completely get rid of such things as the CC-15, you need to remove the statistics and statistics MMR Kill-Death. Make only the rank statistics (MMR).
    Because I, for example, is interested in my 1,5kd +.
    Better I press cc for 15 minutes, than I will pour kd, if our team 3-30.
    It is necessary to remove all the statistics.
    Reset Statistics old and only then the game will be really interesting and focused on RESULTS.

At the rank of Silver 1 (I now Diamond 1) there is a character, a nickname I do not remember playing with nighthound 5kd. So, help him never in the game, he always codex lvl 5 and he Camper. That is why the statistics are not necessary, only MMR and gpm / deleted kill,death,kd.

ONLY ranks and MMR. combine.

thank's, bye.
    Last edited by KrisaTX; 03-02-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    if somebody wants to troll they can do it regardless of whatever system is in place and you can also do it subtle without even raising suspicion to even get a single report
    this whole concept of oh i died, oh i'm not 5-0 first 10 minutes, oh i don't have 500gpm so i will just concede and stop playing is hurting the game a lot

will use dota2 again which has no concede vote and never will, their system works and there are a lot more players there than in hon
    people are too used to conceding so removing it altogether would probably be bad but a 5/5 vote as i suggested is a good solution

Account Icon
    too many games the teams are completely unbalanced and early cc is a must.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    they should make after 30 min 3 players can cc this game is dead anyway

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I will rarely ever initiate or pass a concede vote whilst all barracks are still standing.

I personally do not agree with the concede vote...But being realistic I think the 4 man concede should be returned to 30 minutes (How it was before HoN 3.0).
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaLova View Post
    The other day I was driving while playing Pokemon Go and some woman with low APM clipped my car. HoN or real life, bad teammates are unavoidable.

Account Icon
    Concede needs to be initiated at 2 votes on 15 minutes for mid wars, always people trolling and refusing to hit the vote while being AFK its becoming unbearable now.

I don't care what they do with caldavar I don't touch that for nothing only care about mid wars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast