Thread: Date on Ichor

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Date on Ichor

Hi, can I get a date/patch in which Ichor is going to get reworked/removed?

Just trying to plan some things out.

Best Reagards.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Frostburn Staff Member Frostburn Staff
    Reworks take time, so there is no true estimated time for this at the moment.

We do plan & have intentions on having him done some time within this year though, preferably in the middle of 2017 - but no promises or guarantees.

Frostburn Studios
    Striving to create the most captivating and unforgettable gaming experiences.
    -----------------------------

ElementUser | Technical Designer | QA | Catalyst for Bugfixes, Balance & Design

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Thank you very much, ElementUser! I understand these things takes time, but I do believe that he desperately needs some love. He is one of the least played heroes, and not because of difficulty, it's clearly due to underperformance and frustration. Also, fb announced intentions to change him in some way last year, yet he did not even get any tweek in numbers in 4.0 (aside from armor/magic armor).

He is a support with a of potential, and has been sitting in the shade for far too long.

Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by fexavi View Post

He is a support with a of potential, and has been sitting in the shade for far too long.
    Just like Martyr before his rework.

But I truly like Ichor as support. He's so dangerous.

Game Masters are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Hardcore player. Always improve his gameplay. Never rage against anyone than himself for being weak.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HoNored Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by fexavi View Post
    Thank you very much, ElementUser! I understand these things takes time, but I do believe that he desperately needs some love. He is one of the least played heroes, and not because of difficulty, it's clearly due to underperformance and frustration. Also, fb announced intentions to change him in some way last year, yet he did not even get any tweek in numbers in 4.0 (aside from armor/magic armor).

Honestly, fexavi, if you want to take the time to create a thorough balance/design discussion thread about Ichor (perhaps even with suggestions about a direction you would like to see him changed?), I'm sure it would be approved and good discussion would ensue!

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonLee View Post
    ...Merrick is some teleporting voodoo merchant that just teleports to you and hands out free gold rewarding prolongued abstinence of violence whenever you kill something...

Account Icon
    The difference between "want to remake" and actual "remaking" is having the idea of how to remake him.
    Even if Frostburn knows that hey have to remake a hero, as long as they don't know how, it can't really happen.
    And removal of a hero hasn't happened yet so I guess that's not going to happen either.

If you want to know when a hero is about to change, you can join the volunteer groups.
    If you join RCT you usually get to know the future patch and if you join SBT you usually know way earlier what will or rather could change, but not when (but you can estimate it based on how balanced/final the rework looks).

And I still miss the old Martyr - even if I am the only person that prefers the old one over the current version.

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by VHD View Post
    Honestly, fexavi, if you want to take the time to create a thorough balance/design discussion thread about Ichor (perhaps even with suggestions about a direction you would like to see him changed?), I'm sure it would be approved and good discussion would ensue!
    Already did that, the discussion lasted for 11 posts and no official word of changing him showed up.
    Everybody agreed that he's terrible, tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_F View Post
    Well after you need to wait 30min to play a game and your kd (the most important stats for moat playera) is low af you will learn not to use all the time to pick a hero.

HoNored Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu311 View Post
    TAnd I still miss the old Martyr - even if I am the only person that prefers the old one over the current version.

Heresy! I can sort of understand that, but I'm too smitten with the new Martyr design

Quote Originally Posted by _Gabbo_ View Post
    Already did that, the discussion lasted for 11 posts and no official word of changing him showed up.
    Everybody agreed that he's terrible, tho.
    My aplogies. For anyone interested in proposing good ideas: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...0763-4-0-Ichor

...Merrick is some teleporting voodoo merchant that just teleports to you and hands out free gold rewarding prolongued abstinence of violence whenever you kill something...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

My aplogies. For anyone interested in proposing good ideas: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...0763-4-0-Ichor
    I would rather be interested in feedback to the ideas already posted there. You know, like "That's a good solution!" or "We can't do that". That thread is kinda dead.

Also, VHD, you kinda walked into that... :3

Recognized by FB: Achievement get.

Account Icon
    Im working on Ichor Rework, maybe FB will take a look when im done.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    jhummm remember that grinex used to be broken 2 months, so better wait in that chair...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Ichor is actually pretty decent. Tried to play the hero recently and it did really good.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekx View Post
    Ichor is actually pretty decent. Tried to play the hero recently and it did really good.
    The thing is, you can do good with him, but any other support can do what he does much better, and with less risk. Therefore, the enemy will instantly have an advantage over you if you pick Ichor.
    It's like when you call mid and you see the other fella getting a Bomb. You'll probably be like "this is going to be hard". :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The_F View Post
    Well after you need to wait 30min to play a game and your kd (the most important stats for moat playera) is low af you will learn not to use all the time to pick a hero.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekx View Post
    I don't disagree. I recently hit mastery 10 with him, and he can be super fun. What I don't like however is that there are always picks that fulfill his role better. Need a babysitter? Pick any other support hero, because Ichor is not that item independent.
    Need a tank? Pick a tank that other protective measures like Accursed or Lodestone. They have abilities to actually prevent damage or remove rebuffs, instead transferring them and killing you in the process.
    Need a suicide? Ichor can play this role as well, but others are just better at it.
    What would help his support\suicide role were a simple increase in attack range, and maybe a less awkward attack animation.

I think that Martyr is just the superior Ichor at the moment. Better range, better tools to harass, doesn't sacrifice his life for saving allies, and with that his gold and Experience isnt wasted. Now that sacrificial stone doesn't give experience anymore, and the recent Nerf on Ichor armor values, he only became worse. On a hero that was underperforming from the start.

Anyway, I'll keep on playing him. Hopefully more people will complain on the forums when they see how bad he is :3

HoNored Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha268 View Post
    I don't disagree. I recently hit mastery 10 with him, and he can be super fun. What I don't like however is that there are always picks that fulfill his role better. Need a babysitter? Pick any other support hero, because Ichor is not that item independent.
    Need a tank? Pick a tank that other protective measures like Accursed or Lodestone. They have abilities to actually prevent damage or remove rebuffs, instead transferring them and killing you in the process.
    Need a suicide? Ichor can play this role as well, but others are just better at it.
    What would help his support\suicide role were a simple increase in attack range, and maybe a less awkward attack animation.

I think that Martyr is just the superior Ichor at the moment. Better range, better tools to harass, doesn't sacrifice his life for saving allies, and with that his gold and Experience isnt wasted. Now that sacrificial stone doesn't give experience anymore, and the recent Nerf on Ichor armor values, he only became worse. On a hero that was underperforming from the start.

Anyway, I'll keep on playing him. Hopefully more people will complain on the forums when they see how bad he is :3
    Btw, the sac stone experience thing was redundant. The experience after death was incorporated for all heroes all the time anyway - so removing it from sac stone didn't affect the item at all.

Instead, sac stone become stronger with a buff to the death timer reduction, for example.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Btw, the sac stone experience thing was redundant. The experience after death was incorporated for all heroes all the time anyway - so removing it from sac stone didn't affect the item at all.

Instead, sac stone become stronger with a buff to the death timer reduction, for example.
    Care to elaborate? Was it really the case that you always received EXP after your death? I have never noticed that. Are you sure about that?

Account Icon
    Another issue with Ichor , which I hope can be a patch fix, is his W doesn't work on allies when the ally pops their shrunken. IMO this needs to be changed especially if Jera can heal over his repel shield.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Return deadlift.

Account Icon
    Ichor's on the list of heroes that can be looked at. I think Kinesis can also be updated too.

My goal is for at least one of my heroes to be ported into HoN! Help my cause and get S2 to see these!
    Check out "IsmaelVera's Vault of Heroes" in the Hero Drafts section!
    http://i.imgur.com/XaDGr.jpg
    IsmaelVera, President of the HoN Forums