Thread: From Gold 1 to Legendary with 49% win

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I have a friend who is sitting at 48% win and in legendary due to these very reasons. As I've repeatedly said, I just ignore rankings and go look up a player's history and average MMR for the couple of months before 4.0. It's still the most reliable indicator of what kind of skill level they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krokodilvarg View Post
    GoochMeister is always right
    Quote Originally Posted by Chime View Post
    Gooch, can I join your signature if I say you're always right? Because you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alelor View Post
    Gooch you really need to stop making quality posts, it's like you're a different man now and it totally weirds me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDon View Post
    Never thought I would say this but... GoochMeister is always right!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I never judge people on their stats in 4.0 because the meta is so skilless and involves so many 1 braincell heroes that have no skillcap. My idea is that Legendary should be 1900-2k with Immortal 2k+ but the fact that 1500/1600s are picking up lots of wins due to certain heroes being overrbuffed and a metagame that it all about early game burst, and less about technical skill, is the reason why there is no such thing as high games anymore - Just a lottery of who can get slightly more competent low rated players

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ranks barely mean anything right now, you have 9 heroes out of 130+ heroes that are being used much more than the others, and its too fast/easy to rank up, I wasnt even trying and I end up in diamond. You would expect the title "diamond" to be pretty good but you just have some 1650-1700 players there

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I guess " From gold II to inmortal" should be possible with 49% winrate.

Account Icon
    i hope this ranking system will be changed makes no sense how a 1700 with 47-49% win is legendary its just a joke.

a couple of days ago i played against 2 2k players (they were legendary) while i had 2 1700s on my team both legendary aswell

now i dont mind playing against good players once in a while but i dont wanna have a 600 mmr diffrence on the teams that just dosent make sense.

fix the Rank system untill its fixed there is no reason to play.

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    SlaggersSuck:
    "Problem" here is that you are keeping that old mentality (from old MMR system) and you are bringing that mentality to new rank system. That "MMR number" should have never been shown and maybe instead account symbol, for those who played before rank system was introduced, should have been given to those players (same like it was with legacy players).

You are still fixated on that number which havent changed for half a year now and will never ever change, yet you will still be judging players based on that number, most likely even 10 years from now.

Just deal with it that if you are on some rank, you are on same skill level as anyone else with the same rank.

Account Icon
    im not sure if u are trolling? are u telling me a 1700 player can improve skillwise 300-400 mmr in just a few months ? now the mmr is gone but yet its still the only relevant way of telling the skill level of a player. u are saying im at the same level as ppl my rank is just so stupid i dont even know what to tell u but if u say 1700s and ppl with 2100 mmr is the same **** because mmr is gone and now they are in the same rank then u need to find jesus

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    SlaggersSuck:
    I am just saying you should stop relying on that outdated and never ever again used number which will never ever change.
    I wonder who would you blame your loses to if "old MMR" was not shown anywhere.

You are acting like if in old system there was never 1500 guys on 1800+ boosted accounts. They were there but you had no chance to check it so it didnt matter for you. Or are you saying there were never 1800+ guys playing on 1500- accounts?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceriss View Post
    Just deal with it that if you are on some rank, you are on same skill level as anyone else with the same rank.
    You keep saying this in every thread on this topic but saying it again and again doesn't make it true. The balance is way off due to the fact that mediocre player can achieve legendary and thereby have the same rating as the best players in the game. I don't understand why you keep saying this when it's so far from the truth. Maybe you should try play a few high tmm games so you can see for yourself?

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Milf_Bandit:
    So are you saying that 1500- guys who just got boosted to 1800+ MMR was never a thing in HoN?
    Too bad, they were, same as 1900+ guys playing on 1500- acounts. But with old MMR system, you had no way how to check "who is who", because you had only "current MMR number". Now when you have "random outdated number which will never ever change", you are using this number to judge people before you even try playing with/against them.
    I really wonder who you would blame if "old MMR" was not shown (as it should be).

And yes, I am far away from high rank. I ended at silver 3 last season, now I am silver 5 after placement games. But that does not mean I cant have my own opinion on rank system. And as I already sayd in different thread, the system needs to be changed to require a lot more games to be won/lost for rank promotion/demotion.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceriss View Post
    Milf_Bandit:
    So are you saying that 1500- guys who just got boosted to 1800+ MMR was never a thing in HoN?
    Too bad, they were, same as 1900+ guys playing on 1500- acounts. But with old MMR system, you had no way how to check "who is who", because you had only "current MMR number". Now when you have "random outdated number which will never ever change", you are using this number to judge people before you even try playing with/against them.
    I really wonder who you would blame if "old MMR" was not shown (as it should be).

And yes, I am far away from high rank. I ended at silver 3 last season, now I am silver 5 after placement games. But that does not mean I cant have my own opinion on rank system. And as I already sayd in different thread, the system needs to be changed to require a lot more games to be won/lost for rank promotion/demotion.
    Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about boosted players in the previous system. I never said anything about judging players before playing with them. What im commenting on is the thing that i qouted. I'll repeat myself for your sake: I utterly disagree with your statement saying that people in the same rank are equally skilled hence the inflation in the new system.

Account Icon
    I am gold III currently on this account after having 2 accounts trashed after 4.0 made the game unplayable on Macs. This was a troll / test new heros account back when MMR was used. I had wanted to try out announcers and builds and the like and left the account dormant for a while used other accounts regularly. So when people see 1300 legacy I have to tell them to relax and just play the game. So I can see both points of view. I got to gold III from bronze in about 10-12 games that were utter stomps since I had no reason to be there, so I can see that's on good point of the new system since it's not possible at all with the MMR system to go that high that fast with out starting a new account.

That said, gold III is where you get the biggest lottery of players by far, people from 1400 to 1800 are placed together regularly with no order to who is where. You are basically at the whim of your teams feed or lack there of, or how many RU/LAT/BR or griefers you end up with. Maybe gold III is where I belong but it is also from my limited experience from gold III upwards the place where the system is the most chaotic. I don't seem to hear that as much from higher tiers but there are of course a lot of people who spammed broken heros or got ranking on CIS/LAT. As soon as you are in silver you are only matched against silver and rarely see the odd gold III, so the game sits on a level playing field and everyone is all 1300-1500. But as you reach gold III it becomes the circus described above. So there is room for improvement in the algorithm certainly but I think the streak bonus is fine if in the future legacy MMR is somehow factored into MM along with the current rank of the player (maybe it already is?)
    Last edited by YourDerpFace; 02-17-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Lets be clear about what this thread is actually saying.

There's someone with 49% win in Legendary, they didn't rank up winning 49% of their games, and if they did they must have been on a win streak. This isn't a big deal...

Legendary is a "big" rank, by that I mean it encompasses a wide range of skill. Personally I think there should be some intermediate rank between Legendary and Immortal, but it's not really a big deal. I constantly run in to people I would consider bad players at Legendary, but it doesn't really matter.

I like the win streak bonuses, it means you don't need to play endless games at a low rank. It's also nice for low ranked players as they don't have to have all the high ranked players playing 10 games per rank to rank up.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by budaslap View Post
    Lets be clear about what this thread is actually saying.

There's someone with 49% win in Legendary, they didn't rank up winning 49% of their games, and if they did they must have been on a win streak. This isn't a big deal...

Legendary is a "big" rank, by that I mean it encompasses a wide range of skill. Personally I think there should be some intermediate rank between Legendary and Immortal, but it's not really a big deal. I constantly run in to people I would consider bad players at Legendary, but it doesn't really matter.

I like the win streak bonuses, it means you don't need to play endless games at a low rank. It's also nice for low ranked players as they don't have to have all the high ranked players playing 10 games per rank to rank up.
    I did in fact get to legendary as soon as i hit 49% win without any major winstreaks, i have just been playing a lot (100+ games) Whichs means that everytime i won 2 games in a row and then lost 2 games in a row, i would have gotten more "rank" or "experience" than i just lost even though i should have lost the same as i just won.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    With some small but decent nerfs and buffs within the next patches and the removal of the win steak bonus (or at least give it for losses as well) IMO there should be a global stat reset. Means mmr and rankings. People are careing so much about ratings. The initial placement matches could be based on MMR but the stats shouldn't be visible anymore. Just give it a fresh start on season 3 and remove some of the toxicity by resetting those stats for the public. You could keep the stat pages for the players themselves but nobody should be able to look up your legacy mmr or previous seasons rankings.
    Last edited by hegelsohn; 02-17-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Stop that **** of hiding stats!!!
    All the Macthmaking needs is stop the **** inflation.
    When u reach >1800 mmr.... all u want is not seeing a **** <1750 noob again!!!
    Last edited by CuysauruS; 02-17-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The problem with the ranking system now is its too easy to rank up. I have friends that struggled to get to 1600mmr for years. They would have never gotten there if they solo queued, now they are diamond 2. If everyone who regularly play the game is diamond or higher it's no longer a division of skill but a meaningless symbol.

Just by looking at stats in the picking screen I already know if the game is won or lost based on the lane they've called. Its like 2 1500s get put in a 1800+ game and both call mid and short farm. Instead everyone in the game is diamond or legendary without mmr attached but its the same players. Its only just starting to get bad, but the season still has some time left and because of the inflation its only going to get worse, with most of the player base being diamond+
    Last edited by MasterGanja`; 02-17-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Account Icon
    bronze is the best rank evaaaa! <3

Account Icon
    there are some completely dumpster 1600/1700s that are somehow legendary. the rank means nothing anymore and the imbalanced games noawadays are irritating.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by traderjoebag View Post
    there are some completely dumpster 1600/1700s that are somehow legendary. the rank means nothing anymore and the imbalanced games noawadays are irritating.
    This ^
    i see some games at Honbot.com. FB call some of them "Very high skill level" or something like that. and every single player in those games is a **** <1750. I think they are just normal skill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12