Thread: can afk person vote to cc?

Account Icon

can afk person vote to cc?

A player sells his items and buys a pk and blinks behind the fountain just as the other team is about to try to push the base resulting in losing rax and everyone else giving up. i can see that as just afk, and not avoiding afk, but if that person then votes to cc, obviously they're not afk.

so is a cc vote evidence the player may be avoiding afk?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Easier to report him for Item Abuse, as he sold his items with no reason at all other than to grief.

Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by PollitoPio View Post
    Easier to report him for Item Abuse, as he sold his items with no reason at all other than to grief.
    +1.

Selling items and purchasing Portal Key is considered Item Abuse and serves no purpose other than grief your allies. By doing so, you are denying your allies the use of your items and remaining gold, which they would have had, had you disconnected from the match normally.

It makes no difference whether or not they're actually AFK or voting CCs, chatting or actively PKing every few seconds.

Game Masters are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    i love how my actual question gets skirted.

ok take out the itme abuse, he keeps the same items, and goes afk long enough for people to give up, but he still manages to vote for cc.

Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyroh View Post
    i love how my actual question gets skirted.

ok take out the itme abuse, he keeps the same items, and goes afk long enough for people to give up, but he still manages to vote for cc.
    The votes are anonymous.

Chances are that this will happen past 25 minutes, so we can't really know if he voted or not since only 4 votes will be required then.

If he is 100% AFK (aka not moving nor chatting) he is guilty of nothing, unless grief was committed prior to going AFK.

Game Masters are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    if i vote no cc, and the cc passes, he had to vote for the cc.

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyroh View Post
    if i vote no cc, and the cc passes, he had to vote for the cc.
    but votes are not shown anywhere so even if you sayd in report that you didnt "vote for cc and cc passed", then there is absolutely no way how to check if your statement is true

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceriss View Post
    but votes are not shown anywhere so even if you sayd in report that you didnt "vote for cc and cc passed", then there is absolutely no way how to check if your statement is true
    Officially, you can't see it...

Non-officially, yes.

You can see it with mods and/or through the console. The information is sent, just not displayed.
    (>' ')> ^(' - ')^ <(' '<)

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartalacame View Post
    Officially, you can't see it...

Non-officially, yes.

You can see it with mods and/or through the console. The information is sent, just not displayed.
    But is it also send in console while you watch a replay (votes in that replay) or only for live games?
    Also I dont think GMs are allowed to use mods while judging reports.