Thread: Requesting community input: improving the in-game & out-of-game experience

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by xImsostupidx View Post
    I cannot post threads yet but I need help.

My mouse cursor is stuck in game, but my normal mouse cursor is invisible, like I can move it around and it will highlight menu buttons while the in game cursor stays put in the same spot every time I load the game.
    i would uninstall HoN and also remove all HoN files in Documents folder and then install it clean

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    bring back frostfield plate :S

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by best_carry View Post
    it actually used to be like it that if you died before your enemy, then you didnt get the experience. Dunno why they changed it and made it more casual
    They changed it so that supports would be rewarded for sticking around in team fights. Normally a support player would go into a team fight and get picked off right away and then lose out on exp. which would result in them "falling behind." That would snowball and they would be useless in some ways. So then you had supports who wouldn't want to go into the fight because they didn't want to die.

TL/DR They changed it so support players would get rewarded for staying in team fights.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    1) Delete this patch and remove this ranking system

2) Reintroduce a skillcap back into the game

3) Create a solo queue ladder

Account Icon
    Isn't there a baby in that bath water? Map upgrades and balence, graphics upgrades and UI improvements as well as the new heros? A new RAP system and the shop being upgraded? Anyone else want to chime in on the aspects of 4.0 that are not points of contention of the community?

Account Icon
    I tried uninstalling hon and reinstalling but my in game cursor is still stuck!. I did recently install windows on an SSD, I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it wasn't doing this before that. I would make a thread about this but I cannot post threads yet!

Account Icon
    Why not in the picking phase, we see the SET that the alt belongs right beside the avatar choice?

Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Guys, please stick to the topic.

Game Masters are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Hardcore player. Always improve his gameplay. Never rage against anyone than himself for being weak.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by CaitSith View Post
    Guys, please stick to the topic.
    I am a set collector, I will love to know the set im picking, this helps me a lot. If this is not about the topic, i dont know what it is. Cuz this impruves the best option to pick an alt;

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ^ Cait is referring to the guys who talk about technical difficulties higher up in the thread on this page.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Find a way to keep players out of servers that is not pertaining to their primary language. For some strange reason there are a lot of latin players on the US and EU servers and the language barrier makes it very difficult to coordinate. This would probably be one of the biggest improvements the entire community would want to see, but somehow I feel it may not be possible since the issue still remains.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by `ChunLi View Post
    Find a way to keep players out of servers that is not pertaining to their primary language. For some strange reason there are a lot of latin players on the US and EU servers and the language barrier makes it very difficult to coordinate. This would probably be one of the biggest improvements the entire community would want to see, but somehow I feel it may not be possible since the issue still remains.
    How you wanna do that? Make them pass an english test before joining matchmaking? I agree tho. The amount of russian I hear and see ingame lately is way too hight. (notice before you hate: I'm not saying russians are bad players. Just very frustrating if they don't speak English.)

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursinio View Post
    How you wanna do that? Make them pass an english test before joining matchmaking? I agree tho. The amount of russian I hear and see ingame lately is way too hight. (notice before you hate: I'm not saying russians are bad players. Just very frustrating if they don't speak English.)
    I'm not hating at all. I'm just saying that it is a real issue and as you stated very frustrating at times. This is one of those issues that has been a factor in the community toxicness. In addition, they do not have to pass an english test, they simple just have to play on their own servers that is located amongst the other server selections, but for some reason they do not. In a way I wish to protect both parties, the non-english players because they have acquired a bad rep for either being trolls or factors in a loss due to language barrier and the english players for not having to be discriminate and bash.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Except for what i suggested 3_4years ago.

Maybe in learnatorium: choose between solo, jungle, sup, etc like in pick phase. To learn what Heroes = what roles.
    Help x`dai to make an option to chose yes or no about names over healthbars
    For spectators and / or ingame players!

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...over-healthbar

Help me to get Captains pick into TMM
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ns-pick-in-TMM

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Return new War effor, mastery experience (x2) or new event's (you do so good, but better often).

Allow the player who left the game more time for reconnecting to change 4 on 7 minutes is optimal (I had cases when the computer reboots).

Enlarge life /or/ attack 50% neutral mobs dragon 8 (lvl), give them skills as draconis.
    Ant's give any skills, example arahna. This mobs so very weak and don't have magic protection.

Keeping the current RAP system; we transfer old MMR and activate it. Making Season 3, do not bind to MMR rank. Initially, all must start be Silver Rank.
    And to show that they are worthy of a high wound - independent of their MMR last.
    Because for years people made themselves MMR Statistics and eventually lost it. To reset the statistics, you can always buy a "reset stats".

Most change the weather.

Make the second, third and subsequent strengthening of Kongor attack and attack speed, vampire, when xp falls below 50%, such as Maliken. Kongor too weak.

Do not create a good old game of HON, playing Dota.

That's all.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hello, I want to give a quick story on what HoN needs to be better. The gameplay is smooth and fun, heroes are great, the core of the game is awesome. It's the reliability piece that kills it.

My friend group and I have considered HoN dead for quite some time, we moved on to other games, Overwatch, League, Smite etc. We have recently become bored of the other games and heard that HoN had a big update. After finally convincing my friend group to try this game, we actually had a lot of fun, we won 8 in a row, took our first matchmaking rank etc. On game 9, we were winning, there were lag spikes for all of us all game but it was tolerable, then all of a sudden our characters got disconnected, servers went offline and we couldn't log in again. Seemed like potentially a node issue.

My point being is this is truly a decent game, but the reliability of the game is the reason non of my friends will ever play again. You may say it's only 1 game, but that's 1 in 10 and 10% server disconnect is completely ridiculous for this day and age and an established game.

I hope this is taken as constructive,

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I had two games on EU 70 on a couple different accounts and the lag was intolerable. I don't think I played any other online game with this many issues with server stability. Maybe COD is the only exception, but that uses p2p networking.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Delete SBT entirely and hire competent staff to work on hero balancing.

If you guys spent as much time on balancing heroes appropriately as you do making avatars then this game may become more playable.

Also, make it harder to gain ranks please and add 3 bans as opposed to 2.

Finally, stop nerfing heroes like DR into oblivion and buffing your own made ones. You forget that S2 ported most of the heroes from Dota so that you actually had a game to provide and now youve made some of those ports unplayable.
    Last edited by bkbnchill; 02-26-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by bkbnchill View Post
    Delete SBT entirely
    What is the purpose for this?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by `ChunLi View Post
    What is the purpose for this?
    So that we don't get meta's like this in the future

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast