Thread: Requesting community input: improving the in-game & out-of-game experience

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Teltook View Post
    Hello!

1) The #1 priority for most players is having something to do while queuing. We usually play some other game while we queue for HoN.
    Something that would be amazing would be the option to do a "wtf mode" (In Dota) while queueing. Even just spawning in a game with no cooldowns/full gold, and just messing around with builds/items. This mode should also be implemented as a separate mode to test out builds/combos in public games; however it should be isolated to be only no stats.

2) an extra option for the 1v1 mode. When someone wins the 1v1, you have the choice to "rematch" which instantly goes back into the drafting stage, instead of rehosting the match every time.

3) Being able to use bottle charges on allies. Similar to dota. This should be implemented completely unbinded to begin with, so it wouldn't mess up other binds.
    Then players can manually go into the hotkeys in options and set out a key bind that works for them.

4) Items on courier need to have the option to be re-arranged. It's frustrating having 2 minor totems saved in stash as your first two slots in stash, while only wanting the third item being delivered. Which forces you to manually drop items continuously and maybe even selling the totems.

5) https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/s...3#post16241603

6) The aggro range for the pull camp on legion goes way too far up. When you're kiting the hard camp, it aggro the pull camp and might mess up stacks/pull timings.

7) Kraken charging. Sometimes you pk next to a cliff, and a tiny bit of your hero model is clipped by the cliff which completely negates the charge. Same applies for cthulu stun. On that note, ctulu needs a buff. Specifically his stun -> it's so easy to dodge and he's completely out shined by a magmus in terms of initiation.

8) The taunt yourself thing was one of my favourite features in 4.0. Been laughing so hard at some of the sleep animations. More of this should be available.
    Typing commands like /laugh /dance /joke would be a great feature aesthetically. (This is present in LoL)

9) "e.g. in Dota2, you can hold Alt and left-click a skill to tell all allies the current cooldown of your skill or whether you have mana for the skill." Same should apply for items. Also for showing if you have enough for buyback or not. So you don't have to manually calculate it.

10) Changing the 1v1 mode to a "blind pick" similar to SD. So many times in the 1v1 mode, people just wait until the last 10 seconds to not show their 3 heroes, which is just a waste of time.

11) Being able to ping while paused is a big one for me personally.

12) Drawing on the screen/map when casting is a great option. I swear I saw breaky/beef doing this once before on a very old vod but I never found out how it's done.

13) Being able to look at hosted games while queueing; or checking out hon live.

14) The side shop range to buy is SO small. Same goes for observatories.

15) Having an upgraded HP/Mana potion in the observatory for when you're pushing high ground. Also, please lower the cooldown on HP pot, 2 minutes is way too long.

16) In Starcraft, they have these observatories/beacons where if you stand next to them they activate and give you large AOE vision. That would be an interesting feature in HoN. How it would be used: Let's say you are having a teamfight between the tier 2 towers of hellbourne mid and bot lane. You win the teamfight, but bubbles shellsurfed away in trees and is about to tp. You stand next to the observatory, or you go into the store and activate it for a small gold amount ~ 20?
    Note: It should NOT give the same amount of vision a ward would, and it shouldn't give vision into kong pit, that would be a massive buff to hellbourne.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    Thanks for reading
    Some great suggestions - I really like the idea of being able to watch other matches (hon live) while queuing. Would add interest/viewers to higher tier games, and make longer queue times more bearable.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I would personally love to see banning pick introduced more frequently. The biggest issues that have plagued hon relate to improper hero balance.

If even a reduced number of bans could be introduced into the game, say allocated to team captain or even via team vote, it would allow teams/players to avoid heroes that are poorly balanced being selected every game.

In addition, I think streak bonuses need to be removed from the match-making system. Seeing players reach high status by spamming broken heroes, playing higher volumes of games and then reaching a higher rating than you with 50% win rate and sub-par stats is frustrating...

Particularly when those players were >200mmr below you prior to 4.0

Otherwise, it would be great to adopt a system in respect to RAP where a certain number of reports within a defined period (shorter of course) automatically suspended account until review from a GM..

This would naturally deter people from trolling and griefing to a far greater degree, and put more onus/power with team-mates to review player behaviour. To discourage abuse, a system could be implemented that either dilutes the number of votes allocated to player report submissions depending on recent volumes, or alternatively only allowed a defined volume of reports to be made within a given timeframe.

Again, I believe that this would help mitigate issues from players placing reports without valid reasoning..

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    One more - would love to see HonBot style statistics integrated within Match Stats.

This is a great way to learn as a player, reflecting on wards placed, hero damage, building damage etc.

Account Icon
    Yes Ranked needs to implement Ban picks because Every Moba has Flavor of the Month Heroes that are still being fine Tuned to become balanced but at the current time are so OP they Ruin match for everyone. Its very Annoying.

The other thing that will Reduce ALOT of conflict between players would be some type of structure that puts people into the role/lane they want and CLEARLY COMMUNICATES to the others on team where theyd like to go. ive had to endure so many 30 minute + games 4v5 because someone says fine im just gonna leave or 5v5 and 2 players fight for a lane. Or my favorite 5 carries.

A culture that respects Pick order needs to be better established in Hon AND new UI during pick selection that shows Role and Lane for other teammates to recognize.

how to implement will need alot of discussion because unlike LoL Hon Meta is very Diverse. Several different strats, Heroes can go any several different lanes etc etc.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #45
    Frostburn Staff Member Frostburn Staff
    I wish we had a launcher where I could reach the people on my list, somewhat of a Blizzard Launcher making it easier on the PC when having to multitask, e.g in between clients or just when in a hurry to check if the person i'm looking for is online.

Frostburn Studios
    Striving to create the most captivating and unforgettable gaming experiences.
    -----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Similar to dota 2.
    When a team has a coach, there should be a slot for the coach to watch his own teams player perspectives. For example, if I'm the coach for Hellbourne team. I sit in the coach spot for hellbourne, which gives me access to viewing hellbourne's perspectives, gpm charts, ck/cd, items, cooldowns, everything.

Account Icon
    1. As aPis said chosing your role you want to playe before Q would be a good thing

2. Reworking of ultimate avatars(some of them are pretty lame, aka engi or klanx alts),reduce the prices of older avatars

3. With this idea i don't wan't do be mean or racist or to make someone unconfortable but i really think there is too many asian stuff in this game(lots of alts,announcers,taunts),i would like to see different announcers in different languages or to see more alts from cultures all around the worls or from different folklores,i know the game is owned by Garena(asian company) and more than half of the player base is from the asian side but in the game are probably people like me who dont understand anything from what they say or think the voice is just annoying and too loud.

4. This in contradictory with 3rd idea is that in the game are way too many avatars,i mean every new patch there are atleast 4-6 new avatars.For example i buy one alt that i really like (Lunari) then after 1-2 patches appears a better Moon Queen avatar that i like but i do not have enought silver/gold to buy another one cause i just bought one last week,and i will regret it most likely.

5. Make the pauses a little bit longer,i know some people will just troll pause to waste time but there are maybe people that need a longer,and yes i know you can pause 3 times but sometimes it is not enough + usually the enemy will just unpause cause they don't care and they wan't a easy win.

6. This one is more for design.I would really like to see a rework of the neutral creeps,some better textures,to look more realistic.And i would like to see more neutral creeps classes aswell.

7. I did not pay attention too much on this one but i want creeps to spawn from the baracks(each baracks entrance) and not from between them.I looks like the creeps just teleport there.

8. I would like that leveling up to give you more rewards,i am currently level 51-52 i think and when i do level up i get 30-40 silver coins which are equal with nothing to be honest.

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    In game - I would like to be able to swap item places in the stash, like it used to be, even while the hero is not in the Fountain. Since it has been disabled, it is very frustrating and annoying if you have only one spot in the inventory, and you have 2 items in the stash- in a situation when you want the courier to deliver one item.
    (I like the idea of having a 3 slot backpack with 30 sec CD on swapped items more, but this current suggestion is much easier to implement)

For instance, your inventory has 5/6 slots taken, and you would like to buy a TP and transfer it to be in that 6th free slot. However, in your stash at the fountain, you already have a Broad Sword sitting, which you bought as a component to use later. So if you buy your TP and use a courier, it will try to place the Broad Sword in your 6th slot, and you have no way to avoid that. If you want that TP, you will have to put that Broad Sword on the ground, and leave it there, since the courier cannot take it back to the town's stash since the Courier is uncontrollable.

This needs to be fixed (and should've been fixed long ago). I really don't understand why the control over Stash slots was terminated (unless you are in the fountain). If the control over the stash slots will be brought back even when you are outside fountain, this can easily be solved by changing the order of items in the stash / courier (putting TP first so you simply won't receive the Broad Sword first).
    Medical studies have confirmed and proved:

Your penis size (in cm) IRL = (K/D) * 10

Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This suggestion about Swaping Items place in the courrier should be implemented

Game Masters are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Do you have any game advice or knowledge that you use on your matches? Share it on our Advice Center!

HoNored Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlaw View Post
    I wish we had a launcher where I could reach the people on my list, somewhat of a Blizzard Launcher making it easier on the PC when having to multitask, e.g in between clients or just when in a hurry to check if the person i'm looking for is online.
    Yes, I'd like this too - a way to stay socially connected without running HoN. It would only increase the amount of engagement between players and HoN. You could invite friends (that are not in the client) to play games which would be huge.

Notifications about upcoming patches, sales/news, links to honcast streams, etc could all be part of a lightweight social app + launcher. It could even auto-download patches/updates when they become available.

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonLee View Post
    ...Merrick is some teleporting voodoo merchant that just teleports to you and hands out free gold rewarding prolongued abstinence of violence whenever you kill something...

Account Icon
    Well one more thing.

When you want to send a chat msg to all of you friends you use /b m. But I do not want all of them to receive msg just few of them that I have in a certain sub-group(e.g. SBT, GM,...).
    So something like: /b sbt m

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    * Que as your desired role (LoL)

or

* IMPROVED strategy map of Dota2 that would remove the issue of lane griefing.

What I mean by improved is that it would remove the issue of lane griefing, while keeping strategic flexibility in its entirety.

Each lane on the strategy map has hero slots: 1 hero slot jungle/roam, 2 hero slots for middle, 3 hero slots for short and long lane.
    One of the hero slots on mid lane would be locked, so only 1 player per team can claim middle lane. The player on middle lane has the ability to unlock the 2nd slot, in case he wants to do dual middle lane with his mate for example.
    For short lane there should be 1 carry slot and 1 support slot, with 2nd support slot locked - removing the 2x carry griefing while maintaining possibility to trilane.
    Roles are distributed as they currently are - whoever is fastest, gets their role. Maliciously picking out of role should be a RAP offence.

While in my mind the LoL system is clearly superior, as it removes the lane griefing entirely. In Dota2, players generally seemed to respect the strategy map, however when I played it (in unranked mode) there still were instances where people didn't care at all about the calls on strategy map at all, thus the lanes and the game as a whole was ruined before it even started. For Hon however, I would think that the strategy map option would be better as well as easier to implement and would probably cause less issues. However I dearly hope that not only as a 1:1 copy, as the strategy map of Dota2 in its current form is a weak solution.

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #53
    Read all of the suggestions & took down most of them in my list up to this point, thank you for all your posts! Keep it coming

Quote Originally Posted by Good_Sir View Post
    This would naturally deter people from trolling and griefing to a far greater degree, and put more onus/power with team-mates to review player behaviour. To discourage abuse, a system could be implemented that either dilutes the number of votes allocated to player report submissions depending on recent volumes, or alternatively only allowed a defined volume of reports to be made within a given timeframe.

Again, I believe that this would help mitigate issues from players placing reports without valid reasoning..
    I'm interested to see an elaboration on the mechanics of this proposed system, but the main issue is the prevention of abuse. As it stands now, it still looks like it can be easily abused, or will otherwise be ineffective to the point where it shouldn't even be implemented or considered.

Frostburn Studios

ElementUser | Technical Designer | QA | Catalyst for Bugfixes, Balance & Design

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    A nice idea that has actually been posted before,is implementing an option where players have to press the "Ready"/"Unready" button before joining the match found before queuing.With that circumstance,finding an AFK player at the picking phase will be reduced significantly.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

"Hope for the best,prepare for the worst and expect nothing"

HoNored Account Icon
    Whisper autofill
    Add an 'autofill' feature to whispering. This feature would autofill the rest of the player name as I type in the first few characters.

Some of my friends have absurdly annoying names to type out (long and with mixtures of '0', 'O', 'i', 'l', '1', '|', etc).

A good example is the Player field of https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/search.php . As you start typing the player name, the list narrows.

I would suggest that if implemented, whisper auto-fill prioritize account names that are also on your friends list (as the most likely target of the whisper).

Reply multiple
    If I am having a whisper conversation with multiple people, I can't use the '/r' to reply (which auto fills the name of the most recent player to whisper me). Having a whisper auto-fill would help a lot, but another approach would be to tab through multiple '/r' player names.

Quote Originally Posted by PrestonLee View Post
    ...Merrick is some teleporting voodoo merchant that just teleports to you and hands out free gold rewarding prolongued abstinence of violence whenever you kill something...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Being able to go practice games while q'ing

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I got a great suggestion, fix the balance. Klanx was already one of the top carries, remove his permanent flying as it's completely broken. In fact remove his flying ability all together.

18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner420 View Post
    I got a great suggestion, fix the balance. Klanx was already one of the top carries, remove his permanent flying as it's completely broken. In fact remove his flying ability all together.
    I wasn't looking for this kind of feedback in this thread, that's better suited for Balance Discussion. There's a whole thread dedicated to Klanx there.

"Fix it" feedback in general is not helpful unless sufficiently substantiated.

Frostburn Studios

ElementUser | Technical Designer | QA | Catalyst for Bugfixes, Balance & Design

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Note that suggestions could be ideas that other games have implemented, e.g. in Dota2, you can hold Alt and left-click a skill to tell all allies the current cooldown of your skill or whether you have mana for the skill.

Thank you for any & all ideas and suggestions that you may have! We appreciate your input to improve HoN =)

- ElementUser

N.B. I am aware this thread is in General Discussion & not Suggestions. I am putting this thread in General Discussion first for visibility & to receive initial feedback much more quickly & easily before it is moved to Suggestions. I have also looked in the Suggestions forums, but it's very possible I could have missed a few great ideas in the midst of my search.
    Like the suggestion Made by me 3 years ago?
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ication-issues

And a year after that : http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ng-Information

You are welcome.
    Help x`dai to make an option to chose yes or no about names over healthbars
    For spectators and / or ingame players!

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...over-healthbar

Help me to get Captains pick into TMM
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ns-pick-in-TMM

Account Icon
    Somewhat similar to what apis proposed. A "party" chat. A chat where you can chat with the people you queue with (and only them), both in-game and in lobby.

Like if you are 3 friends that queue together, you could press something + enter and get a chat that only the guys you queued with see. this is particularly useful for non-english speaking buddies that queue together. Then they can communicate in their own language without the rest of the team seeing foreign stuff they don't understand.

Forum Moderators are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

Spotlight player aka HoN Movie star.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast