Thread: Requesting community input: improving the in-game & out-of-game experience

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    -A better, more exhaustive ping wheel. All basic communication should be handlable by pingwheel.

-the dota cd thing you mentioned

-a map to call lanes during ping phase

-an elder titan port

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Some of my ideas:
    1. Custom soundtracks. You put your tracks which would replace ingame soundtrack in specialized folder, then in options you can create playlists (or just disable some original soundtracks to hear only the most epic one ), turn on/off this feature, bind next track button etc.
    Benefits: Auto volume reduction while someone uses micro, no more being afk alt-tabing to switch music
    But dunno is this really needed
    2. New weather conditions like sand storm (similar to snow storm), smog or even red mist (fits adrenaline and apex theme)

Btw many good ideas were already mentioned above
    Last edited by FoodBowl; 02-06-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Out of Game:

• It's probably already on your radar, but it would be nice if loading into match making or a game did not prevent you from chatting.
    • The initial loading time when accessing player stats is kind of annoying to deal with. After the first time you pull up stats it's fine, but initially it always takes a long time. Same with the Match Stats screen.
    • Reworking the client UI. It feels a bit cluttered/clunky with the current arrangements of the buttons, there are lots of them and they kind of feel like a 90s or early 2000's website.
    • Fix the issue with changing sub accounts after the first few minutes of being logged in, and with the clan tag not updating properly on your screen if the new account isn't in one.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    well my idea is: more different skins .let me explain this for example we have a base model for one hero that u can buy it by gold or silver this is not important for me but my base model has a dark Armor or additional banner or different sword and .. you can buy this custom by gold or silver or play X time match with 1 hero or complete X hero mastery so on but other player has base model aswell but his swords hero or.. is different .well this method needs a lots of work and time but in my opinion this method add more variety to the shop and game (sorry for my bad English)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    make cc-vote available at 25mins and 4/5 vote at 35min. or alternative: only enable the option to vote for concede when you have lost at least 1 racks and not before.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    1. I loved the option to be able to create my hero guides in game instead of the HoN website, if it would be possible to get that back, then that would be awesome

2. As some have said, some kind of "game" while queuing, would be fun.
    in my mind it could be things like trivia: which hero have this skill, then choose the right one out of 3? Increasing game knowledge and maybe reward like 15 points = 2 plinko tickets (incentive to stay and wait and therefore maybe lessen afk picking?)

3. Make it so you can choose which courier avatars to use on the controllable courier, instead of the default owl.

Will update if I think of anything else!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    this and this

Greetings, DragoniseR

An option in the option menu to show alt avatar portraits in game (when alt avatars are being played) rather than always the default hero portraits.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by dav787 View Post
    What if I wish to support as Moon Queen (just an example)? Why should I be dictated what hero to play when I'm here for the fun of it and will play seriously?

That's

what casual games are for. Ranked game should be different to be played serious.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by dav787 View Post
    What if I wish to support as Moon Queen (just an example)? Why should I be dictated what hero to play when I'm here for the fun of it and will play seriously?
    sure why not , imma going to support u with NOMAD (just and example)?, think that if u are going for FUN u can always play Normals, if u are going for COMPETITIVE well u need to put more devotion...

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png[/IMG] Originally Posted by Lorenzo78
    The best idea would be limit the kind of heroes a team could get example:

1st player picks carry
    2nd player picks carry
    then when the 3rd player try to pick another carry he gets > " Sorry carry limit reached, choose another hero vocation. ( support or tank ).
    he has a good point there, on rankeds its neccesary a forced balance. i think more than be forced to choose a role ingame, u set ur roles before queue
    (ex. lol has Dynamic Queue and Primary and Secondary roles)
    ''what if i got forced to supp'' well as u know on other mobas , if u are going to queue rankeds u should have the 'hands' to use at least 2 supp / 2 tanks / 2 carrys, etc.. thats the usual cancer on hon u just check the profile of ur opponent with (90% bombardier pick) then u steal his pick and bang pretty much ''gg ez'' or u get 4 carrys on ur team (with NH, scout, madman) and yee u cant say gbye to ur rank

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hello,

1. I would like to see the in-game shop menu updated to the same style that you have picked for the UI (Razor/Sentinel), currently it is only available in the classic style.
    2. A moveable chat box in-game
    3. Lastly - this!

Thanks

Updated Avatar Count Suggestion Clicky

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by aPis View Post
    Before you start the Q you need to choose a role/s (e.g. carry, support, jungler...).
    The system place you in the team compared to what you choose.
    This will make Q time much longer but on the other hand it will save nerves.
    Ofc put this thing as an option.
    Hon doesn't have enough players for that

Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo78 View Post
    So because worked for you once, it must work for all the community in competitive mode right ?
    Before 4.0 and CoN' patch, i usually played Scout, Devo and Kane as support...

On topic: I truly wants a comeback of the "ready" button while finding a match.

Game Masters are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Hardcore player. Always improve his gameplay. Never rage against anyone than himself for being weak.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    An option in the option menu to show alt avatar portraits in game (when alt avatars are being played) rather than always the default hero portraits.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Just a suggestion for those posting links of their Suggestions, devs probably will appreciate it if you just post a tl;dr version here instead of linking the entire thread.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'm gonna hold by my suggestion of letting Nitro automatically fire her her Barrage whenever off cooldown if the player is holding down the button it is bound to. It's just way too annoying to have your fingers bleed after every match if you want to main Nitro.

Also better visual impact when Legionnaire's charge actually hits rather than no animation if he reaches an enemy and attacks with his W.

And finally, let us choose to use taunt animations rather than sleeping animations when taunting ourselves. Could easily be an equipable in the shop, even if it costs 1k silver coins.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebac View Post
    Hon doesn't have enough players for that
    But it has enough players to split them up into two kind of priority queues? Can we get some consistencies in the suggestions lol

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by DrConejo View Post
    But it has enough players to split them up into two kind of priority queues? Can we get some consistencies in the suggestions lol
    Griefers pool would have more players in it, so everyone will start griefing to get faster games.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I would love a new TMM algorythm that actually manages to pot two even teams together for a 5v5 game.

My last EIGHT!!! games in a row have been 4v5 (how is it ****ing possible the dc is always on my team?????? does tmm go out of its way to pair me with people with 3rd world connections/computers that cant even load back in after 5mins?!!

Let me repeat that - Seriously EIGHT GAMES IN A ROW !!!!! this isnt chance!, its your f'ing algorythmn! In fact i should have a 4/5 chance the dc'r is on my team seeing as I take up one of the five slots and NEVER DC!

Oh, and before I forget - learn to balance new chars seriously! Being able to pick the winner of a game before it even starts based on how many T1 picks a team has shows how bad balancing is. That it took almost a whole season for these same chars to be nerfed??? Enough said.
    Last edited by BowlJob; 02-06-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo78 View Post
    That's

what casual games are for. Ranked game should be different to be played serious.
    As someone who mains MQ as a support (and probably the one he had in mind when he brought it up since it's kind of rare), I'll say that it can work surprisingly well. I've also run Zephyr and Night Hound as supports, all of which I have achieved over 65% win rates with.

Quote Originally Posted by ElVasilisk View Post
    sure why not , imma going to support u with NOMAD (just and example)?, think that if u are going for FUN u can always play Normals, if u are going for COMPETITIVE well u need to put more devotion...
    and more Nomad stuff
    All of this should probably be handled via forum PMs instead of cluttering up the suggestions thread with a discussion of role viability.

-----------------

On Topic: I'd really like to see a general overhaul of the menu system. I have several friends who say that the menu is the worst part as it's clunky and seems like it could be pared down to just a few menu options instead of like 16 buttons and drop down menus (some of which aren't quite obvious at first glance).

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Player perspective cam from DotA 2 for replays. Great learning tool. lol

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast