Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Ask a question, get an answer.

Page 84 of 143 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2845
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpun View Post
    how do i know what starting items to buy for any hero and which skills to get first?
    you generally get consumbable healing items
    and minor totems

almost always max out nukes/stuns first
    put at least 1 level into escape/disable skills

Account Icon
    Is there a hotkey to change the attack modifiers? I haven't pre purchased hon

Account Icon
    can u tell me the best hero combos in the game i know of mag,pyro...heard about ss ,pesti dont know why

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerubyte View Post
    Any hero that can stay away from his close combat (his damage comes from melee attacks, cyclones and ultimate) so ranged with snares/stuns or blinkers. Tablet of Command and Shaman's Headdress/Barrier Idol are items that help counter him as well. Tablet allows you to escape his ultimate slow instantly and leap out of his Cyclone damage.

Lots of burst damage takes him down before he can heal with cyclones as well.
    thank you

My Fayde Alt. Avatar suggestion "Hassassin Fayde":http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?p=14811835

Account Icon
    bird + eye, will it see scout wards in hard places or bugged terrains?

disregard if bird can't pick up eye anymore, idk bout updates

Account Icon
    will elder parasite stack with frostburn sny in dota and thunderclaw or elder parasite w/ shieldbreaker and thunderclaw? pls answer tnx

Account Icon
    How do i deny a creep?

how do i know what core build i should be building for a hero?

What's a good carry to play, when you're stuck in the 1500 noob games?

does anyone know of a good hellbringer guide that is somewhat updated around here on the forums?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by CnMne View Post
    Is there a hotkey to change the attack modifiers? I haven't pre purchased hon
    Yes. Check the Options > Key bindings, I can't remember the default.

Quote Originally Posted by AcMilan91 View Post
    can u tell me the best hero combos in the game i know of mag,pyro...heard about ss ,pesti dont know why
    Best combos depend on the players. Double stuns generally work, heavy DPS (like Swiftblades spin) and a long disable (like Electricians grip) are also good combos. Double healers like Accursed/Soulreaper work well to harass and hold a lane. Try things and use your initiative, good combos are obvious. There are no "best combos" either, since they can always be countered.

Quote Originally Posted by a_black_man9 View Post
    bird + eye, will it see scout wards in hard places or bugged terrains?

disregard if bird can't pick up eye anymore, idk bout updates
    Don't think it can pick up eye, but if you hover the flying courier near wards then you stand near them they will appear. You have to be within 300 range of an eye for them to appear I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by chloe_13 View Post
    will elder parasite stack with frostburn sny in dota and thunderclaw or elder parasite w/ shieldbreaker and thunderclaw? pls answer tnx
    Check here for information on attack modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wzupp View Post
    How do i deny a creep?
    Press 'a' then click your allied creep/tower when it is below 50% HP for creeps or 10% for towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpun View Post
    how do i know what core build i should be building for a hero?
    Through experience, reading guides and player advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigehaar View Post
    What's a good carry to play, when you're stuck in the 1500 noob games?
    If you're "stuck" in 1500 noob games then you're probably a noob yourself. If so, just try playing whatever hero you want, but read guides on them first and practice in Practice mode. If you really are stuck but are a higher player level, like in MatchMaking try semi-carry heroes like Wretched Hag or easy carrys like Swiftblade, Corrupted Disciple or Forsaken Archer.
    Last edited by Nerubyte; 04-26-2010 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chu View Post
    I'm really bad at losing on purpose. I just can't do it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator300 View Post
    does anyone know of a good hellbringer guide that is somewhat updated around here on the forums?
    Doesn't look like there are any out there when I searched. Try finding a good Hellbringer player and watching their replays. Try here as well, search "Trixi" on the hero "Hellbringer" and download a replay you like the look of.
    I'm really bad at losing on purpose. I just can't do it.

Account Icon
    Just played a nice game, vs slither, tempest, keeper (who had refresher quite quickly) plague and legionnaire. What do you do vs such an amazing ult team? We were behe (me <3t triple kills) madman, nymph, fayde and armadon.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by TriPoison View Post
    Just played a nice game, vs slither, tempest, keeper (who had refresher quite quickly) plague and legionnaire. What do you do vs such an amazing ult team? We were behe (me <3t triple kills) madman, nymph, fayde and armadon.
    :ShrunkenHead:
    Should've pre-purchased during closed beta... Could've had a V8 too...
    tits or gtfo

Account Icon
    I am looking for a detailed guide on Micro tips. Specifically with regards to Ophelia and Puzzlebox. My concerns are not when to get them or how to play them. My concerns are specifically which buttons do you assign for X item/creep/etc.

I know which heroes are good with puzzlebox. I dont need tips on when to use it, which heroes its good on, which its good against. I am specifically speaking about the logistics of hotkeys, where to look on your screen, mods, how to assign etc so that I can physically control the micro aspects easier faster and more efficiently.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by TriPoison View Post
    :BarbedArmor: :ShrunkenHead:

Account Icon
    Somehow i dont understand SwiftBlade's Counter Attack skill,is it similar to Legionaire's Whirling Blade ? Can anyone explain what it does,how it work ?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This is a pretty dumb question, but I need to ask it. When using Sandwraith's ult, how exactly do you choose which illusion to teleport to? Is it a matter of first hitting R, selecting one of the illusions manually and then hitting R again to teleport to that specific illusion? Or can you select one via the minimap?

Account Icon
    when will be the replay downloading available?

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateui View Post
    This is a pretty dumb question, but I need to ask it. When using Sandwraith's ult, how exactly do you choose which illusion to teleport to? Is it a matter of first hitting R, selecting one of the illusions manually and then hitting R again to teleport to that specific illusion? Or can you select one via the minimap?
    you can select via the minimap AFAIK