Thread: installling .honmod?

Hybrid View

installling .honmod?

First off, I did tryi search, I searched for "installing honmod", no usable results came up.

I keep seeing this explained for macs..

Ehm I'm using a normal windows machine, I have searched, but nowhere does it say how to install the mods. I downloaded a .honmod file, but I don't know where to place it.

I could start guessing and trying to throw it into the game directory, but I'd rather do something that I know is supposed to work.

Why don't we have a sticky explaining how to install all the different mod types on the different machines?

.honmod is a custom file format used with Hon Mod Manager.
    This tool is for windows user only.

If you're on another platform, you will require to extract the file and script out of them to build the appropriate .s2z file format.

Both .s2z and .honmod are regular archive file which can be loaded in any file archive software such as winzip, pkzip, winrar, ...

Quote Originally Posted by KranKhaft View Post
    .honmod is a custom file format used with Hon Mod Manager.
    This tool is for windows user only.

If you're on another platform, you will require to extract the file and script out of them to build the appropriate .s2z file format.

Both .s2z and .honmod are regular archive file which can be loaded in any file archive software such as winzip, pkzip, winrar, ...
    Mkay, but you didn't really answer my question about how I actually install these or use them with HoN..

As I just said I'm on windows

Ok you link a program that's used to manage .honmod files.. great.. Still not the answer I'm looking for unless this is the only way to install the mods..

Someone please in all plain and simple explain what I need to do to install mod files so I can use them in HoN.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda View Post
    Ok you link a program that's used to manage .honmod files.. great.. Still not the answer I'm looking for unless this is the only way to install the mods..

Someone please in all plain and simple explain what I need to do to install mod files so I can use them in HoN.
    1. Download Mod Manager
    2. Create the folder Heroes of Newerth/game/mods.
    3. Put the .honmods in the folder.
    4. Open up Mod Manager, point to your folder if it doesn't recognize it.
    5. Apply Mods and Start HoN (menu item in Modmanager)
    Yes, you need mod manager unless you use .s2z's, which are incompatible with one another if they edit the same file. Note: Half of them edit game.interface or game_lobby.interface, so Modmanager is the way to go.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda View Post

This is from the thread I linked:
    Quote Originally Posted by Notausgang View Post
    Installation and Usage

To install, download this zip file containing the program. You can place it anywhere you wish.
    You'll need to execute it and choose "Apply Mods" each and every time the game was patched or you have installed/uninstalled/updated any mods. The program will remind you of this.

To install mods (*.honmod files) put them into the game\mods sub-directory of your HoN install (which will be created when you first launch the program) or drag them onto the program window. Any mod files in that directory that are compatible will automatically show up in the program.
    To completely remove (not just disable) a mod delete its corresponding file from that same directory or delete it from the mod manager.

The default locations for this directory are:
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\mods
    Linux: /home/<username>/HoN/game/mods
    Mac: /Applications/Heroes of Newerth.app/game/mods
    1. Press Finder
    2. Press Applications
    3. Right click 'Heroes of Newerth', and press Show containing files
    4. Open Game folder
    5. Open mods folder
    6. Move *.honmod files here

The program requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (Windows only, download if necessary: 32-bit/64-bit) or Mono (for Linux and Mac).
    I'm not sure what else you could be asking for. It's not like .honmod files can be installed without the mod manager, and my link included directions on using the mod manager.

Account Icon
    You can use it on windows, mac and linux.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by IRC
    20:11:48 | Sephinator: I got a small window.
    20:11:53 | Sephinator: I hate clouds.
    20:13:59 | SoundWizard: I hate sephiroth wannabes
    20:14:35 | @Warchamp7: i c wut u did
    Current Project: HoW40K - UI/FX Coder

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Ottawa, Canada, Earth, Sol Sector, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe
    Read before making a thread. There are stickies for a reason. You have all you need to get it to work in this thread now, so I'm closing it. If you have any other questions about .honmod formated mods, then ask your question in the thread Tiger0211 linked above.