Thread: CET General Discussion!

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #861
    Frostburn Staff Member Frostburn Staff
    As you may or may not have noticed, in February we unfortunately dealt with severe forum issues. The biggest one being the fact that it was down more than it was up. This was the reason that we chose to not host any event as it would simply cause issues, both for CETBot as well as participants.

That being said, we identified the issues and in addition to that purchased a new server to host the forums on as the old one was...less than preferable.
    With the new server, modifications and optimizations there is a noticeable improvement, which in turn means we can host events once more.

We're back on track entirely and hope to see you guys back as well.

Frostburn Studios
    Striving to create the most captivating and unforgettable gaming experiences.
    -----------------------------

If you have any problems with the HoN Store, contact me on the forum! Creator of CETBot.

HoN Store Manager | CET Lead-Coordinator | Flash Sales Lead-Developer | Forum Administrator | Process Automator | Operational Tasks | Special Operational Projects | System Developer | My twitter

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroth View Post
    As you may or may not have noticed, in February we unfortunately dealt with severe forum issues. The biggest one being the fact that it was down more than it was up. This was the reason that we chose to not host any event as it would simply cause issues, both for CETBot as well as participants.

That being said, we identified the issues and in addition to that purchased a new server to host the forums on as the old one was...less than preferable.
    With the new server, modifications and optimizations there is a noticeable improvement, which in turn means we can host events once more.

I see... Thanks Necroth for the informations!!

Being that said, for those who didn't know yet, the CET team finally hold new contest!

Here is the link : https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/s...bmissions-Open

Lets story-telling about our dearest ones, heroes!

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    l
    _/\_

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Also, let the lovestory of Electrician and Repulsor take it's form guys. I know you can do it.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Chime View Post

Also, let the lovestory of Electrician and Repulsor take it's form guys. I know you can do it.
    I don't know if I'm attracted to the notion of a bromance of Electrician and Doctor, or shocked by it.

Support my Lady Sita Idle Animation here
    Support my Emerald Warden SotM Buff here
    Support my Circe SotM Buff here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroth View Post

Hey Necro, are you seeing my private messages? ive send 2 so far, and did not receive a response, so it made me thinking that my PM is out of function?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Do we only do a fresh rap for one of the two leaders or do we do a rap battle between the two?

CET-Member Account Icon
    Do we only do a fresh rap for one of the two leaders or do we do a rap battle between the two?
    It's a rap battle contest, so submission have to be Maliken vs Jeraziah.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hi, i just found out the event "Sweetheart Memorries" had closed just now when i was about to post my story, my bad luck i guess. But, anyways just sharing the story here with everyone. Hope everyone likes it

Story: Once upon a time there lived a Hero named Klanx. He was the most handsome, charming and stylish hero of Newerth. With his Guns and Lackeys he dominated the battlefield as one of the dangerous Carries. All women over Newerth loved him and wanted to marry him. Even the Frost Queen Ellonia to the Garden`s beauty Ophelia.

One day he was summoned by the Great King Maliken to a feast, where he saw a Beautiful women, she was so gorgeous. Then the King introduced her as Succubus to Klanx. Klanx fell in love instantly. Succubus also fell in love with Klanx for his wealth and power.

They were always together, fighting battles, enjoying feasts and adventuring together. Klanx loved her so much that he even thought of proposing to her. They lived a happy life….but all good things lasts for a while.

Succubus began to avoid assisting Klanx most of the time. One day during a battle in Mid Wars, she left without a say, Klanx was so upset. As he is the only Carry in team, he had to stay. Later with much hardship Klanx won the battle against Legion and returned home to see succubus but she wasn`t there. Klanx was so worried what might have happened to her, he searched for her but she was never found.

After a month later Klanx was summoned for a feast by the King Maliken again. Klanx was so anxious to go to see whether she was there and to finally propose to her. At the feast, everyone in Hellbourne came and Succabus also came. Klanx was so happy, he felt whole again. He wanted to kiss her, hug her and to propose her to be his wife. Klanx tried to go closer to her but she said ‘Stop, I need to tell you something important’ and then Klanx said ‘Yeah I know what you are trying to tell’. Then she said ‘No, you don’t know anything. Just wait they`ll announce then you`ll know. Klanx said ‘Okay’.

The king Maliken called everyone to announce an important thing, everyone was gathered in one place. He called Succubus, then he called Flint a Greenish Orc with Big Teeth. Maliken told they were both being engaged. Klanx was shocked, he was so heartbroken, and he went to a corner with tears in his eyes, meanwhile everyone was congratulating them.

Succubus came near Klanx and Klanx asked ‘Why? Why did you do this to me? I loved you so much. She replied ‘What made me love you in first place? Of course it’s your Beauty, Wealth and Power. Flint has more power and wealth than you and he is one of the best Carry all over Newerth so I choose him’ and she left.

Klanx was speechless, he then realized that ‘Love which comes from Wealth or Beauty isn’t True but Love which comes from the Heart stays true forever’. He left for adventuring in hopes of finding his True Love.
    Last edited by HF_RulesX; 03-18-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Just an honest feedback: I really enjoy events like the Sweetheart one, because they allow us to be creative, and there are always skilled people who are able to write amazing things. However, the character/word limits are always a big frustration to me. I just can't write something decent in 500 words, and I never feel satisfied having to shorten my stories so I can stay faithful to the rules. I mean, so many things are lost because of this, so many information that could change the story and the way the reader sees it!

I'd really like to ask for the staff to consider increasing these limits in future events.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Yeah, just decided not to participate because the limit is way too strict. Feels like it's a negative thing to bind writers to a really short manuscript if they are supposed to be creative.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Yeah, just decided not to participate because the limit is way too strict. Feels like it's a negative thing to bind writers to a really short manuscript if they are supposed to be creative.
    Being creative in a bajillion words wall of text is easy. Being creative with a really short story, that takes real talent.

Note: not a statement regarding CET's wordcount limit. Just a general one.

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Thanks for the feedback Chime and StepOfDeath`. May I ask you what limit do you propose? Or do you consider that we should just eliminate the word limit rule for this kind of contests?

We will discuss this internally and then decide if it's worth it to change the rule.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    In all competitions there are rules, let's we bypass or exclude them.
    You also write a book for 5 volumes.
    In competitions, sharpness is checked, the ability to briefly state the essence, for everything else, I believe there is an offtopic forum.
    Make the text so that it is easy to read and not large and interesting.

I would have offered a limit of up to 100 words in a rap contest.
    It turns out, firstly you write one thing in the rules, and after I published the record - you change the rules (what was done in the rap contest, Tag examples have been changed).

No, I basically, in principle, will not change my post in the rap contest.

One frustration.
    Last edited by KrisaTX; 03-21-2017 at 07:20 AM.
    We are transferring power from HON and giving it back to you, the people !
    Remove KD ratio & win streaks

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Alelor View Post
    Being creative in a bajillion words wall of text is easy. Being creative with a really short story, that takes real talent.

Guess there is some merit in that.

I feel like 1.200 words would give people the freedom to go crazy. You have to remember that people are still able to write less than this, and most people will do so too. If not 1.200 words, at least somewhere near the double of what it was. Writing is fun and seeing stories about the game that people can come up with is great content.

Quote Originally Posted by Alelor View Post

Yes, I agree with you. It requires considerable skill to be able to do so, but it's something most of the participants don't have -me included.

Particularly, I am a person who enjoys details. I like being able to visualize in my head what I'm reading, and I'd want the same for the people reading what I wrote. For that reason, I think the increased limit would turn the events more interesting and enjoyable for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNotTuna View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Chime and StepOfDeath`. May I ask you what limit do you propose? Or do you consider that we should just eliminate the word limit rule for this kind of contests?

We will discuss this internally and then decide if it's worth it to change the rule.
    I don't think eliminating the limit rule is necessary, after all, there are all kinds of participants. We'd have stories going from 500 to 10.000+ words, and that'd be troublesome for you guys.

It would depend on the contest, but on events that involve writing stories, I think that a 1000 word limit would be way less restricting for the participants. It sounds like a reasonable change to me, nothing that would turn things more difficult to evaluate, but then again, this is merely my opinion as someone who doesn't know how things work.

Thanks for taking my feedback in consideration! Let's hope for more events to come

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I for one enjoy the challenge of a word count. It keeps the content condense and readable. As a writer, it allows me to cut out superfluous fluff and focus on the story at hand. I write for fun outside of these contests and some of the longer stories have pacing issues since I get way too descriptive at random times. There was a contest I participated in years ago that had a miniscule wordcount for the story I wanted to tell. Instead, I just turned the short story into a short poem. I wouldn't have done it if there wasn't the word count. I told my Sweetheart story in a drastically different way because of the 500 word limit.

I'm a fast reader, but I know people read at different speeds. Maybe some of the judges don't have the patience or interest to read through a 20k word novella. The first few story entries hosted by the CET had no limit, and some of them pushed 5k words. I completely understand why they made the word limit after that.

I think that word limits should be dependent on a per-contest basis. I think contests that encourages "serious" content should have bigger word counts, while more light hearted contests such as shipping two characters together like in the most recent contest, can get away with a smaller wordcount.
    Last edited by TalkingDead; Today at 11:36 AM.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344