Thread: CET General Discussion!

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by QQccs View Post
    I still will try to talk to them (try to fight a bit), maybe we can find a solution for their promlem with the applying on tempest.
    Hmmm I would like to advice you not to go ahead with that idea. The rules said that the winner should be fine with FB using their submission as they see it. Keeping all personal interests aside because I personally feel Riftwalker or Moira will be better choices for this, it's a definite honor to have something you conceptualized being made as a part of the game ... kinda like leaving your legacy behind you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chime View Post
    And compared to last time, I'd say the finalists and winner at least have some flavor than the oh-so-typical "make Kraken a smexy female" winner from last year.
    Nothing wrong with a smexy female every now and then

Besides it's clear that female avatar have a better chance of winning ... if you look back Sileena Silhouette, KraQueen and now Elemental Sorceress Tempest/Riftwalker/Moira have all been member of the fairer sex
    Last edited by maila_majnu; 06-04-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Support my Lady Sita Idle Animation here
    Support my Emerald Warden SotM Buff here
    Support my Circe SotM Buff here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'm actually very happy with the finalists that were picked this year. Every one of them were good enough to be there, unlike last year where a lot of the finalists I heavily disagreed with. My favorite finalists this year were Catastrophe, the Bird of Hermes, and Cyberpunk Wildsoul.

Catastrophe is probably the only entry this contest that instantly caught my attention. The concept is very simple but is actually pretty deep the more I think about it. Wretched Hag alts have had a subtheme of changing the bats to some other animal ever since the Hocus Pocus alt, and I think that cats would have been a downright hilarious fit.

Bird of Hermes was a perfect example of how to take an outside reference and incorporate it into HoN. The poster stripped elements from Alucard, stripped elements from GB, and combined them together. Then he added a storyline with Empath to make it fit in more with HoN and introduced a unique aspect to his character. This game is called Heroes of Newerth, and I feel that every alt and hero released needs to have a strong personality/identity to feel heroic. Having personal feuds with somebody else is a great way to cement that individuality.

I actually dislike the idea of Cyberpunk Wildsoul. The theme really isn't for me and I don't care for it. But that's just my personal opinion. The reason why Cyberpunk is one of my favorite finalists is because the amount of analysis and thought that went into its creation. The poster broke down themes that characterized both Wildsoul and cyberpunk, and explained how to make those two things fit together like a pieces of a puzzle. I sincerely hope that FB will follow in his example and provide the same amount of thoughts when creating their alts.

And I honestly wouldn't recommend fighting FB to make it a Tempest alt either. It woulda been awesome on Tempest, but they have the final say in these matters.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Don't worry people I didn't mean to chop someone's head off or blackmail or anything... ))

I meant, that I think it is worth a discussion about.

Anyways thanks everyone and I agree with skinsword about wildsoul and catastrophe, I hope next year we will have the same quality and we will see many awesome ideas.

Professional Real Escape Game Creator
    Someone who isn't dead,
    Who I can help get fed,
    Yes I need, I need my Carry friend.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    sry wrong space. ^^
    Last edited by raKso`_`; 06-05-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I still want Yin Yang Gemini from last time to be implemented.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ^^ Its reminds me the main reason of why i put Lunamon in HoN :P.

But i guess for a future Community avatar event will show up for sure
    WOOOO Twitter: @SebasValentine #StreamerForLife Twitch.tv/SeValentine

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Cancer Kraken looks amazing in the test client. It's probably the coolest looking Zodiac alt I've seen.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Looks like he got swapped back to being a man? The portrait looks like it's a guy.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Looks like he got swapped back to being a man? The portrait looks like it's a guy.
    You really can't be serious about that comment

Support my Lady Sita Idle Animation here
    Support my Emerald Warden SotM Buff here
    Support my Circe SotM Buff here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It's a girl? Wot? That's totally a guy, I swear to god.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It's a girl? Wot? That's totally a guy, I swear to god.
    Do you also have a massive fear of picking up transgendered people at the bar? Because with that lack of gender awareness, I would be horrified of casual encounters.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Alright it's a crab then.

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Crabs have females.
    Suggestions:Ruby skill colors BRING BACK THE BANJO! -> WE DID IT!
    Lucky Monday every Monday 8 AM CEST in GD

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ... what entire nation i did read above >.< !!!

its the dayum community alt + zodiac set !!! plus its a female <3 yes a 100% femme fatale.

well im pretty much waiting for disco pharaoh :3
    WOOOO Twitter: @SebasValentine #StreamerForLife Twitch.tv/SeValentine

Account Icon
    CET:

My entry for the Dreamhack prediction contest was Neolution.MRR, but I forgot the . in the middle. My prediction was correct though.

Just wanted to put that out so I don't get gipped over a typo.

CET-Member Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Psionic View Post
    CET:

My entry for the Dreamhack prediction contest was Neolution.MRR, but I forgot the . in the middle. My prediction was correct though.

Just wanted to put that out so I don't get gipped over a typo.
    Hey Psionic.

You don't need to worry about missing the dot. Hopefully we'll have the winner announced soon.

Account Icon
    Yay.

MOST SUSPENSEFUL COIN-FLIP ENDING IN HISTORY (only one other person had it 2-1 MRR, kudos to Swimon for calling it as well)

Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    What if the coin lands standing up and neither one of you win? :O

Just kidding.. hopefully they come back soon from DH and announce the winner.

GL! Let the coin decide the winner!

Game Masters are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Vote for my 8-bit Devo effect http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...evourer-effect

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    So Noelution won DH? I didn't watch it or know when the finals are / were. It isn't already finished, is it?

Account Icon
    So Noelution won DH? I didn't watch it or know when the finals are / were. It isn't already finished, is it?
    Someone beat someone else in the finals. If you read the context you can find out who won, but if you care to watch some HoN I won't spoil anything else.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast