Thread: CET General Discussion!

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    They are having a NERF-gun fight over who wins right now. The reason why we didn't get a winner yesterday was because the fight resulted in a stalemate and a 1 day peace treaty.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Account Icon
    Somewhat what Chime said! It's with the content and art team at the moment and we are still awaiting a verdict. The entries are obviously so good that it's too hard to make a decision!

Katey "Keono" Parr | Graphic Designer

I have t
    witter
    !

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Please be multiple winners XD

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Haha yea man. I know what you mean.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think everyone is really excited about the winner.. Could you guys share some moment of the decisions afterwards? I mean pros/contras? Maybe it is something similar that Skinsword asked for and would make the "losers" feel a bit better too

Professional Real Escape Game Creator
    Someone who isn't dead,
    Who I can help get fed,
    Yes I need, I need my Carry friend.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It's in Frostburn's hands though. :P I mean if anyone is reading this thread hopefully they can do that though.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Still nothing T.T

Someone who isn't dead,
    Who I can help get fed,

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Gratz to qqccs, you deserve the win!

I'm surprised the concept can't be used for Tempest. Tempest at its core is an elemental that uses four different elements in his skills. His Q is ice, his W is water, his E is fire/earth, and his R is wind. I thought that the sorceress was a perfect fit for that theme. I'm not sure if it will translate as well over to Moira or RW.

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinsword View Post
    Gratz to qqccs, you deserve the win!

I'm surprised the concept can't be used for Tempest. Tempest at its core is an elemental that uses four different elements in his skills. His Q is ice, his W is water, his E is fire/earth, and his R is wind. I thought that the sorceress was a perfect fit for that theme. I'm not sure if it will translate as well over to Moira or RW.
    I think I kind of agree with Frostburns' decision. The silhouette just doesn't fit Tempest who has always been this fat pudgy dude or an older man. The slender priestess/sorceress appearance of the avatar definitely suits Moira or Riftwalker more.

I also approve of it because I like the avatar concept and I'm more likely to play Moira/Riftwalker than play Tempest.

Anyhow congratulations QQccs!

Support my Lady Sita Idle Animation here
    Support my Emerald Warden SotM Buff here
    Support my Circe SotM Buff here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think it would be fine as a Tempest alt if they have her riding waves of earth, water, fire, and wind. That's what they practically did with the Poseidon alts. They could find ways to make it look more like Tempest, like giving her the same back ornament, giving her Tempest's staff, or even changing her clothes/skin to a purple color.

You might disagree with me, but I feel that somewhere along the way FB/S2 forgot that alts can utilize things other than the silhouette to make it not as confusing. I support the original idea of making her an elemental sorceress/element bender. It fit really well with Tempest's original theme as an omni-elemental and will look unique compared to every other Tempest alt out there. Making her into a Moira/Riftwalker would kinda be like what Celsius did to Torturer imo.

EDIT: Just realized that her suggestion is actually very similar to Gaia Empath.
    Last edited by Skinsword; 06-03-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Kinda sucks that the winner is something that wasn't intentional. If the concept didn't work in their opinion, then another one should've won.

But meh, gz nonetheless, personally I would have picked a couple others over this one. I just hope they implement others too.

Edit: ^And elementbringer.
    Last edited by Chime; 06-04-2015 at 04:19 AM.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

CET-Member Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Chime View Post
    I just hope they implement others too.
    Me too. I'm really hoping we get Bird of Hermes GB, Cyber Wildsoul and Catastrophe Hag too. Loved these submissions along with Elemental Mage Tempest.

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by RanveerChing View Post
    Me too. I'm really hoping we get Bird of Hermes GB, Cyber Wildsoul and Catastrophe Hag too. Loved these submissions along with Elemental Mage Tempest.
    This and many more.
    Suggestions:Ruby skill colors BRING BACK THE BANJO! -> WE DID IT!
    Lucky Monday every Monday 8 AM CEST in GD

Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Civil engineer was an amazing submission! I would definitely buy that avatar

Game Masters are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Vote for my 8-bit Devo effect http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...evourer-effect

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    There was a large amount of great Ideas, so it could have been anyones game, but their sure was some favorites.
    I´m not surprised that the Winning Avatar most likely won´t go to tempest, if it was chosen, as that was my same thought upon looking at it.

It felt too "Neat", to be a tempest, althought everything else would fit, it would be too similair to other heroes sharing the same "Body-type"and as they have staited beforehand:

In the past, we have released avatars that were very different from the base hero, and the feedback for that was negative. We are moving away from that for future content.

....But im glad that they still found a way to use it, as it was a lovely design(And im a big fan of Avatar XD)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Thank you guys,

I am super hyped atm, just saw it..

I disagree a bit because the poseidon tempest is not a fat guy, and how i imagined her, she would be floating as well on moving rocks or something. Anyways I am really happy and i honestly thought those concepts that RanveerChing mentioned will win (also the civil engineer was my favourite to as I am studying as one)

And Chime I am sorry that your idea didn't win this time, you would have deserved it after so many years... But there is nothing in my concept that was not intentional and I still will try to talk to them (try to fight a bit), maybe we can find a solution for their promlem with the applying on tempest.

and again: YAAAY c: <3 (yay)

QQ

P.s.: About the Gaia and elementbringer, actually meanwhile i was doing it, i was talking to a friend how the ulti would change when he told me, ah you mean like the Gaia empath? I was like ...... oh duck ....
    So yeah I swear it didnt really start that way and then when i realised too i tried to change as much as i could. I think it is nice to have them as a "set" and some synergy between avatars. Since i didnt make the lore - because i suck at it - i think they could be related.
    Last edited by QQccs; 06-04-2015 at 05:15 AM.

Someone who isn't dead,
    Who I can help get fed,

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Lol, no worries man, if mine hasn't won in 3 contest in a row it's a clear indicator that they don't like the concept. And the reason why I was in the finalists was for an entirely different reason as well, of which probably nobody here will understand the context.

But good luck trying to make it a Tempest avatar, personally I'd like it to be a Moira avatar since that's the hero I play the most out of those three, but if your intention was to make it a Tempest avatar then they should have respected that. Your entry was by far the most thorough, more so than most of us could only dream to accomplish. So even though yours wasn't my personal favorite, I definitely won't deny the amount of work put into it.

And compared to last time, I'd say the finalists and winner at least have some flavor than the oh-so-typical "make Kraken a smexy female" winner from last year.

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Don't forget: disco will never dieeee!

And there wasn't any submission this time with 'smexy females'. Most concepts were detailed, complex and showed effort. Even the comical ones.
    Suggestions:Ruby skill colors BRING BACK THE BANJO! -> WE DID IT!
    Lucky Monday every Monday 8 AM CEST in GD

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Yeah, and man am I thankful for that. I think I'm exhausted for the typical smexy schexy alts.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I was looking forward to Catastrophe Hag

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast