Thread: Electrician - The ladies love the shocker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Account Icon

Electrician - The ladies love the shocker

Electrician

Skills: Static Grip, Electric Shield, Energy Absorption, and Cleansing Shock

Activation [Q]

Target Unit: Enemy Units
    Type: Magic
    Range: 500
    Radius: 250/300/350/400
    Channeling Time: 2.5/3.25/4/4.75 seconds
    Mana cost: 70/90/110/130
    Cooldown: 14 seconds

Applies Static Grip to target for 2.5/ 3.25/ 4.0/ 4.75 seconds or unitl spell is cancelled. Deals 30/40/50/60 Magic damage per second to self and to enemy units in raidus while Static Grip is active on target.

Static Grip Effects
    Silenced
    Perplexed
    Disarmed
    Immobilized

(If you have played DotA before you will recognize that this spell seems familiar, it is a reverse Electric Vortex, and twice as good. This spell inconjunction with Electric Shield makes the Electrician the best Tank/Disabler in the game currently.)

Activation [W]

Toggle
    Mana cost: 20

While active, applies Electric Shield to self.

Electric Shield Effects
    50% of damage taken is subject to negation at the cost of 2/1.66/1.25/.75 Mana per point of damage.

(This spell should also look very familiar because it is the exact replica of Medusa's Mana Shield. Since the Electrician is a strength hero with a Mana Shield, this makes him the best tank I have seen in DotA and in HoN. This shield inconjunction with Energy Absorption makes you practically unkillable.)

Activation [E]

Self Position: Enemy Units
    Type: Magic
    Radius:300
    Mana cost: 100
    Cooldown: 15 seconds

Damages enemies in raidus for 75/100/125/150 Magic Damage, draining 3/6/9/12% of their maxium Mana. Applies Energy Absorption to self for 10 seconds. Applies 3 Initial charges plus one per creep target and three per Hero target Replenishes 15/25/35/45 Mana per charge.

Energy Absorption Effects
    +0.25/0.5/0.75/1 Armor per charge
    +0.5/1/1.5/2 Magic Armor per charge

(A totally unique spell to the game, Energy Absorption is your life saver! When you are in a rough battle, this will surely save you if used with the spell Energy Shield. It is also a good finisher after you Static Grip someone.)

Activation [R]

Target Unit: All units
    Range: 600
    Mana cost: 50
    Cooldown: 16/14/12 seconds

Removes debuffs from target allied unit, or removes buffs from target enemy unit. Applies Cleasnsed to allies or Shocked to enemies for 5 seconds.

Cleansed Effects
    +50% movement speed initially, decreases over 5 seconds.

Shocked Effects
    -80% movement speed initially, decreases over 5 seconds.

(Yes you said it, a better Medusa's Purge, well I shouldnt say that anymore because with the new DotA patch, The Gorgon has an AoE purge, but thats not the point. Cleansing Shock not only does everything Purge does but it also gives you a 50% bonus to movement speed when you us it on a friendly unit, and not only that but it is the exact same at every level, only the cooldown changes which is why I only put one point into it instead of three like I normally would on Medusa.)

Skill Build: I really do not like telling people exactly how to build thier heroes because in every game there is a different line up of heroes that you are facing, so what may be good for one game is not as effective in another. However this is a safe build to go no matter the lineup, I will leave it up to you to make any changes pretaining to different situations.

1. Static Grip
    2. Energy Absorption
    3. Static Grip
    4. Energy Absorption
    5. Static Grip
    6. Energy Absorption / Cleansing shock (Depending on the game usually a Static Grip and Energy Absorption will kill any hero but sometimes there is that time when you need to catch up so this is left up to different scenarios)
    7. Static Grip
    8. Energy Absorption
    9. Cleansing Shock
    10-13. Energy Shield
    14-23. Stats
    24-25. Cleansing Shock.

Hero Synergies: Now I know all heroes work great in a lane with Electrician, however some work better than others. Here is a list of the heroes that synergize best with Electrician. (I do not know the names for all the spells yet, however I do know the DotA names for them if someone who reads this knows the names of the spells I am referring to, can you please post them and I will edit them in ASAP.)

Voodoo Jester Laned with Electrician is a lane combo you do not want to end up against. With a Maledict landed on you and a Chaos Ward hitting your hero while electrician has you gripped is a guaranteed death.

The Torturer and Electrician is another brutal combonation, while Electrician is holding you down, the Torturer is using all of his AoE's on you.

While Electrician has you pinned down with Static Grip, Soul Stealer can use his Ultimate with max damage.

Ever been disabled for 13.5 seconds while Pollwog Priest's wards are hitting you?

This is my favorite Electrician hero synergy, it is the only combo that allows you to get first blood at level 1. Electrician Static grips while Swiftblade whirlwinds.

This hero combo is pretty effect, it allows for Electrician to become unstopable even earlier than he normally would. While Electrician Static Grips, Jereziah - the iron man, Heals and is guaranteed to hit.

Item Build: There are few builds that are pretty viable on Electrician and are not exactly a typical Strength Hero Build. Here is a link to all the Items for a reference while you read.

Starting Items: There are a few different ways you can start out. You can start out normally (suggested for new players)

1x Runes of the Blight - 90 gold
    1x Healing Potion - 100 gold
    2x Pretender Crown - 370 gold

Total Price: 560 gold

Then we have the more experienced player routes.

Alternative Routes:

1x Marchers - 500 gold (The marchers will allow you run at your opponents and guarantee you will be able to Static Grip them. This is my favorite build)
    1x Runes of the Blight - 90 gold

Total Price: 590 gold

or

1x Runes of the Blight: 90 gold

Total price: 90 gold

And you will wait until you have enough money for a Lifetube, which will later be used in several different builds.

Mid Game Items: Now we diverge into different paths, Electrician late game will inevitably become just a tank and nothing else but you can build him early game to get enough gold and kills to guarantee that you will be unkillable when it does become late game.

Offensive Path:

1x Sacrificial Heart - 5050 gold (It does not matter whether you are going support or Offense, this your main item and it frustrates me more than ever seeing Electricians without it.)
    1x Enhanced Marchers - 1550 gold (lol phaseboots, in this case it is the BEST choice for an Electrician.)
    1x Codex - 2850 gold ( Now I bet you are saying, "woah huckle a codex? thats not a strength hero item." This is the only way you can guarantee to get charges on your Sacrificial Stone, and when it has charges that means you get to stay in battles longer, and never have to go back to base to heal. I even upgrade it all the way to level 5 to guarantee I get tons of kills because when late game hits you are nothing but a 4.75 disable and if you do not have enough regeneration then you arent much of a tank either when late game hits.)

Alternative Item

1x Puzzlebox - 2750 gold (It is not as effective as a codex, however it is still just as viable and a good counter to stealth heroes. If you go this route you must level it up to three.)

Depending if you went this path you will have

2x Fortified Bracelets - 1020 gold

Total Price: 10470 gold
    Without Fortified Bracelets: 9450 gold
    Alternative Total Price: 10370 gold
    Without Fortified Bracelets: 9350 gold

Supportive Path: Now the supportive path isn't too much different than the offensive path but they are in one respect, the offensive allows you to become defensive late game while being support just allows you to just survive by having a large mana pool and lots of extra abilities.

1x Sacrificial Heart - 5050 gold(Yes you still get this!)
    1x Enhanced Marchers - 1550 gold
    1x Stormspirit - 2925 gold ( This will give you a 2.5 cyclone to help your team catch people and give you a lot of Mana regeneration and Mana.)

If the other team has stealth

1x Puzzlebox - 2750 gold (Remember to upgrade it to level 3 as fast as you can.)

Total Price: 9550 gold
    Without Fortified Bracelets: 8530 gold
    Alternative Total Price: 12300 gold
    Without Fortified Bracelets: 11280 gold

Defensive Path: We now diverge into a more defensive path if you are up against a rough team.

1x Sacrificial Heart - 5050 gold (Yes you still get this again!)
    1x Helm of the Black Legion - 2275 gold
    1x Shaman's Headdress 2250 gold

2x Fortified Bracers ( Recommended for this path.)

Total Price: 11125 gold
    Without Fortified Bracelets: 10105 gold

Late Game Items: You will notice that you will get pretty much the same late games items as all three paths and that is simply because it is just the best choice for all three.

Offensive Path: This is what your inventory should look like by the time it hits late game.

1x Sacrificial Heart - 5050
    1x Enhanced Marchers - 1550
    1x Codex or Puzzlebox (Fully upgraded) - 8250 gold / 5350 gold
    1x Behemoth's Heart - 5500 gold (Replaces a Fortified Bracelet)
    1x Fortified Bracelet - 510 gold

Now you can do a few things with your last inventory slot and can also replace your other Fortified Bracelet with these items -
    1x Homecoming Stone - 135 gold (You can carry a teleportation stone to teleport back to base.)
    1x Daemonic Breastplate - 6050 gold
    1x Mock of Brilliance - 5325 gold
    1x Frostfield Plate - 4700 gold

Total Price: 20860 gold (Codex)

Supportive Path: This is what your inventory should look like by the time it hits late game.

1x Sacrificial Heart - 5050 gold
    1x Stormspirit - 2925 gold
    1x Totem of Kuldra - 5675 gold
    1x Frostfield Plate - 4700 gold (Replaces a Fortified Bracelet.)

1x Behemoth's Heart - 5500 gold (if the game lasts that long. Replaces a Fortified Bracelet.)

Depending if the other team had sealth

1x Puzzlebox (level 3.) - 5350 gold

Total Price: 19900 gold (without Puzzlebox and Bracelets.)

Defensive Path: This is what your inventory should look like by the time it hits late game.

1x Sacrificial Heart - 5050 gold
    1x Helm of the Black Legion - 2275 gold
    1x Shaman's Headdress - 2250 gold
    1x Behemoth's Heart - 5500 gold ( Replaces a Fortified Bracelet.)

Here are some options for your last slot. Theses will all replace a Fortified Bracelet.

1x Null Stone - 5175 gold
    1x Frostwolf's Skull - 6650 gold
    1x Shrunken Head - 3910 gold
    1x Frostfield Plate - 4700 gold

Total Price: 16625 gold (Without sixth slot and Bracelet.)
    Last edited by Hucklecat; 06-16-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Good guide, nice name lol.

Account Icon
    Great job with all these guides Hucklecat, they're a huge help.

Puzzlebox is my preferred route since it does more damage than a codex while you are disabling as well as giving you a MS boost which goes well with his purge. Sacrificial Stone OR a Null stone, since regen is all he really needs early game are both fun to do.

Just a quickie newbie question - why would you get enhanced marchers instead of steam boots?

Cheers

When you say Sacrificial Stone do you mean Sacrificial Heart?

"I have an electric personality, hahaha!" =)

Account Icon
    Wonderful guide and great formatting. Thanks!

you need a blink dagger if you want to make use of his electric charge

Account Icon
    1x
    1x
    2x

Try to put itens imgs pls... =P...
    Will test your build.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I would add Nymphora to the list of heroes electrician combos well with. Grip lets you get off a pod for maximum effect, and then you can pop absorption and whack away while nymph stuns, then purge rinse repeat.

Account Icon
    best. thread name. ever.

give this man a million dollars now!

Quote Originally Posted by Le3t View Post
    you need a blink dagger if you want to make use of his electric charge
    Seconding this opinion. Blinking into the center of a cluster of enemy heroes, then popping Energy Absorption, then mana shield, and finally Static gripping is a enemy hero is great way to initiate a team fight. You'll be nigh unkillable from all the charges you'll get from absorb + the mana shield.

On a different topic, what are peoples opinion on going for a Helm of the Black Legion for the first item? So starting is shield + 2x blight, followed by life tube and beastheart. I like having the damage mitigation since I usually end up at the top of the kill list in battle. And the effect is really nice when I start stacking mana shield and absorb charges.

I hope that buying a dagon (Codex) is just a joke of yours...
    I prefer Dagger+Bloodstone+Shivas(or Radiance if i've farmed well)
    but i'll try the Puzzlebox,
    and gj nice guide but get the dagger in there

Good Guide, it will help me a lot.

Some quick questions on mechanics for Electrician. I see how some of you folks recommend popping energy absorption, then shield. Is there any reason why you shouldn't just have the shield activated beforehand?
    How does Barbed Armor(BladeMail) work when Electric Shield is activated? Does it return the damage value mitigated by Shield+Absorption+any other resist or does it return the unmitigated damage?

Nicely done.

I would just suggest to use at least 1 more color in the mid-game / late-game section; not very comfortable to differentiate your different builds.

cool guide

Account Icon
    Good guide, but a small note: I dont know if they changed it recently or not, but ultimate is 30/40/50% increase speed, and i dont remember for decrease but i think its 40/60/80%.

Account Icon
    Even with this good of a guide I dont think that this hero is all that great...
    Maybe it is jsut me oO