Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Robe of Magic

View Poll Results: Would you like this suggestion implemented?

Voters
696. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

537 77.16%
  • No

159 22.84%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Robe of Magic

View the Announcement about adding your name to an Item.

Item Properties/Attributes:
    * Any passive bonuses the item bestows (stats, health/mana, etc)
    * A description of any special properties of the item (passive effects, activated effects, etc).
    * Estimated TOTAL cost/availability (subject to change at implementation)

Item ingredients:
    * A list of requirements to complete the item. Please refer to all ingredients with their HoN names.

Goal of the item (optional, but preferred):
    * What do you want the item to accomplish for the game? For example, maybe you think HoN needs another late-game item to boost the attack of intelligence heroes, or you think another mid-game tank item is needed and you are hoping to fill that role. This part of the submission is optional, but by completing it you show us that you've thought out your item thoroughly and its intended effects on the game.
    INTER'S ROBE OF MAGIC:

4,575 gold
    PROPERTIES:
    +10 to all stats
    +10 to int
    +100% mana regen
    +Unholly Touch: whenever a hero wearing Inter's Robe of Magic hits an enemy hero or unit it applies Unholly Touch for 5 seconds.
    Unholly Touch effects (orb effect/buff placer): -6 magic armor.

INGREDIENTS:

Blessed Orb: +10 to all stats
    2,100 gold

Neophyte's Book: +10 int
    1,000 gold

Manatube: +100% mana regen
    875 gold

Recipe: adds Unholly Touch
    600 gold

GOAL:
    There are several aspects of this item that are note-worthy. Firstly, mages lose their efficiency as the game progresses due to magic ressistant items and Hp/regen stacking. Secondly, STR and AGI heroes alike scale in power as they get more items, differently from INT heroes, who don't. Finally, we have Shieldbreaker, an item that cuts through a hero's physical armor.

What I wish to accomplish with this item is to create an item that will help scale INT hero's power by adding a new orb effect into the game: Unholy Touch, which will provide an analog item for the INT heroe's to use, adding power to them throughout the whole game.

The main GOAL is to give INT heroes yet another item to use; even more, an orb effect worth purchasing. What this item successfully does is give these heroes a different goal in the game different from just becoming disablers late game.

I'm not trying to turn INT heroes into carry picks, but rather make them as despisable by the enemy both early and late game. A farmed out carry hero will have to be careful who he decides to farm later in the game, because an otherwise defenseless oposing hero can become a strong oponent, harder overall and less powerless against the late game carries.

SOME NOTES:
    One thing you'll have to bare in mind is this: a carry will always be a carry; period. This item won't turn an INT hero into a full bloody carry, but will rather give him some stand against them. Later in the game, carries can farm around defenseless heroes that have no disables, whose main purpose is to nuke.

The item is not overpowered for several reasons, mainly because the same way you can stack Hp and magic armor, now an INT hero can purchase this item. It's also an orb effect, meaning you'll have to attack and successfully hit the enemy before it affects it. Also, it's a buff placer as well (just like Shieldbreaker), so it's taking off the chance for the user to stack it with any other orb and/or buff placer.

Well, this is it. Hope you guys liked it, and please leave a comment.

~IntEr

EDIT: By popular demand, removed Apprentice Robe and added a recipe in with a little more inflated price to provide the Unholly Touch orb.
    Last edited by Nome; 09-29-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Added tag
    Check out my newest 'Hero' suggestion: Azala, the Blue Mage
    Check out my newest 'Item' suggestion: Robe of Magic
    Check out my newest 'Mode' suggestion: Random Roles
    Check out my newest 'Gameplay' suggestion: Xp/Gold per minute in-game
    Check out my newest 'Gameplay' suggestion: Mute All/Team written chat

Account Icon
    i really enjoy this concept. the idea of having a brand new orb effect is awesome, and making it an INT-focused orb is plain cool. T-UP

Wait...
    so you are losing 6 intelligence when you get this item? I dont really like that to be honest xD but the idea itself is prett cool ^^

Account Icon
    I like the idea but like Jazilla said, losing 6 int does not really fit in. Perhaps remove that item and add something else as a reagent?

Add 6 more int.
    Last edited by Blarfles; 07-28-2009 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhahhhohah View Post
    perhaps you'd like to explain your pro-apartheid stance to everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
    It has no Vuvuzalas.

Quote Originally Posted by ELECTROMAN View Post
    I like the idea but like Jazilla said, losing 6 int does not really fit in. Perhaps remove that item and add something else as a reagent?
    Somebody has taken a chemistry class. Yeah, losing 6 INT sucks.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Scowndrul View Post
    Somebody has taken a chemistry class. Yeah, losing 6 INT sucks.
    Sorry bro, I'll make it easy for you.

Another derpaderp so the hillbilly's will be able to buy this item from the cornstore.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Take out the Apprentice Robe and throw in an item recipe for 525.

Problem solved.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    By popular demand, I removed the Apprentice Robe and added a recipe that costs slightly more. This was to justify the orb effect addition.

~IntEr

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Good concept.
    +1
    Would be nice to see some orb effects mainly for int heroes

The concept itself is good. I would love to see a little different buildup since it is almost the same as totem. Price is ok but how much does -6 magic armor resemble?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Since armor scales diminishingly, it depends on how much magic armor the enemy has. For instance, on a hero with no magic armor items (such as Hood of Defiance - can't know the name in HoN, but it adds 10 magic armor), whereas every hero has a base Magic Armor of 5.5, -6 magic armor represents a boost of about 27% magical dmg.

Again, it depends on the ammount of magical armor the enemy has. Hood, for one, completely rapes nukers as it provides a safe protection against any nuke, while RoM can successfully remove part of this defense and give INT heroes the edge later on.

~IntEr

This sounds like an interesting concept and I hope it or something like it is added for magic heroes.

Account Icon
    I like the idea

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Thx for the support! Please, mind to post when you vote so that the thread stays above the rest and draws more attention from more potential voters. If we support the ideas we like, we're likely to see them become true!

~IntEr

Definitely like it, though I'm somewhat worried about the implications it has for the late game - generally, the job of the carries is to survive against the nukers long enough to get enough HP/Armor/Damage/Magic Armor to no longer fear them. An item like this might make int heroes a little overpowered in the late game, and if it could be farmed early enough the bonus damage they would get (if used properly) is staggering. I'd like to see it in play, but I also think it might be a tad on the high side. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghidoran View Post
    "A competitive team did it" does not mean it is a good idea.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    While it's interesting, I feel it'd be massively overpowered. A single orb effect providing +28% damage, scaling with the spells, is absolutely absurd. It'd cause all kinds of hero imbalances. Think of a pyro ulti doing 1.1k damage reliably. Int heros would have to be nerfed to keep things in balanced.

Account Icon
    This doesn't seem like a particularly powerful lategame item, for max effectiveness you would need several nukers on team, with a long range int hero and you can focus someone and bring pretty devastating nuke damage, sounds fun!. but an int nuker hero still won't stand a chance solo lategame vs an enemy decently farmed agi or str hero, as it should be.
    edit: i think the item name should be changed though, a robe doesn't sound like something that would provide an attack orb/buff. Better make it a staff of some sort (:

19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Gonna vote T-U, but it needs serious tweaking.

It needs to be a castable ability as opposed to an orb, because that's WAY too strong, for one. Imagine if Moon Queen got this, and it slapped the effect on the entire team D:

New Twitter and Blog addresses!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    @ Nome: Moon Queen is actually broken imho, whereas she has this exact same issue with all attack modifyers. For instance, she can use Shieldbreaker and decrease everyone's armor (the same as this for physical armor) and proc several lightnings at the same time with Maelstrom (can't recall the name in HoN), plus she heals on every jump with any life steal item.

Also, bare in mind that Orbs are not supposed to stack, so if she got this item, she'd have to let go of life steal and others, which would definitely cripple her - and she isn't so much of a support hero.

What you have to bare in mind is that balance is about weights and counter-weights, and many of the counter-weights haven't been placed yet, but they'll soon be.

~IntEr