HoN Tour Writers and Admins
The events run over the last two years of HoN Tour have been fantatsic, but like any endeavor, the people behind the curtain are key to success. Continuous operation and coverage of HoN Tour events is an essential aspect, and now you can get involved! We're now opening applications for volunteer HoN Tour Admins and HoN Tour Writers. These individuals will be instrumental in ensuring that events continue to run in a smooth and consistent manner, and that the players, teams, and events themselves receive proper recognition and attention.
If you've been looking to get involved in HoN, or eSports in general, this is a great opportunity to get experience and your foot in the door. Applicants need only fill out a formal application (see below for details of Admin/Writer). Applications will be reviewed by HoN Tour staff, and select individuals will be contacted for follow-up Skype interviews. Applications will be accepted until Friday, August 8th at 5pm EDT | 2300 CEST.
HoN Tour Writer
HoN Tour Writers are key members of the HoN Tour Staff. Writers are used to promote awareness of HoN Tour events, and HoN competition globally. Assignments include events overviews and previews, match or tournament recaps, player interviews, team spotlights, and more. The current position of HoN Tour Writer is a volunteer position, though dedicated Writers have the possibility to move into a paid position. Additionally, Writers will be rewarded with Gold Coins and Avatars.
- Research (Watching matches, talking with players/teams, gathering images, retrieving event information.)
- Writing (Using information gathered in research to create an entertaining and easily digestible article to inform readers about events or news.)
- Review (Verifying that submissions are accurate, easily understood, and free of spelling or syntax errors.)
- Formatting (Working with an Editor to format articles for posting on Hontour.com.)
- 18+ years of age
- Mastery of the English language
- Ability to submit a minimum of two articles per week on scheduled deadlines
- Ability to write in a thorough and engaging manner
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to manage your own work schedule
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Moderate knowledge of HoN and the NA/EU Competitive Scene
- Prior experience in journalism
- Prior experience in eSports
- Flexible schedule
- In-depth knowledge of the HoN competitive scene
- Knowledge of the global HoN competitive scene
- Send an email to email@example.com with subject line: HoN Tour Writer Application
- Provide full name, HoN in-game name, age, location, and Skype username.
- Provide a writing sample about a recent match, event, or HoN related news (Maximum 400 words).
- In 150 words or less, explain why you want to get involved with HoN Tour.
- Optional: Attach a resume, CV, or writing sample from previous journalistic experience
- Allow up to one week for an email reply to your application.
HoN Tour Admin
HoN Tour Admins are the gears that allow events to happen each week. Admins are responsible for providing assistance to players/teams and overseeing events to ensure that tournaments are run smoothly. Admins are responsible for enforcing the rules in HoN Tour events, and moderating disputes between teams. Additionally, Admins can be involved in tournament preparation, answering tickets at the Helpdesk, and maintaining various HoN Tour documents. HoN Tour Admin is a volunteer position and not paid, though multiple compensations and rewards are available based on Admin activity.
What We're Looking For
- 18+ years of age
- Show a good command of the English language and have a professional conduct
- Have a passion for HoN, eSports, and event organization
- Have prior experience in dealing with customers, or show willingness in learning how to do so.
- Be able to work as an individual and as a member of a team
- Punctual, patient and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively multi-task!
- Play time: An event can span over 2-3 days and take up to ~7h/day of supervision, with most of the work revolving around lobby time.
- Required: Dedicate at least 6-12 hours per week as your schedule allows, and assist players if they message outside of play time.
- Optional: assist with various tasks such as: helpdesk, prize log or help brainstorm, organize and publish HoN Tour events.
- Apply here by selecting 'HoN Tour Admin' and completing the web-form.
- Allow up to one week for an forum PM reply to your application.