Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Join us in welcoming, Sol's Theatre!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Adam "AceJR" Martinazzi | HoN Community Manager and Marketing Coordinator

Account Icon
    Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Sweet stuff! Go HoN go! ^^

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

|Training Grounds Moderator | Support (1st/2nd)/Suicide Ringer For 1700-1800+ Scrims | Cupcake Baker ☆彡

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    S2 is Makin' Bacon~

Quote Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
    10/10 because Jozzeh always has the best account icons.
    From Octavia herself? ~yay

Nice thats awesome!

if i read this correctly, there will only be 1 map at a time available.

s2, plz dont let this mistake happen. you have made a VERY smart decision by making the game fun in a way dota and league havent done yet - doing what wc3 did

so please have a tab or some other page that has some sort of list of games, not everyone will want to play the same game, but there should be enough people that want to play each game.

Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradytribe View Post
    if i read this correctly, there will only be 1 map at a time available.
    Only one of the "special" maps will be available via Matchmaking at the same time - Forest of Caldavar and Midwars will not be affected by the change and stay in Matchmaking every patch. FoC, MW and Prophets are available in Matchmaking this patch, next patch Prophets may or may not be replaced by a different map (Grimm's Crossing, Rift Wars,...).

All maps can still be hosted in public matches, regardless of whether they are currently available in Matchmaking or not.

See here for more details.
    Last edited by Imbaer; 06-28-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

<3 tiGa for dat Sig.

Looks fun. But could we please, please, please, have chaos mode as an a possibility for midwars?

This is a really good idea for a few reasons, but I think the one that will fly under the radar the most is how easy it would be to monetize this in the future in such a way that rewards community involvement and playtime.

Something like Merrick's Wishing Well: where every patch cycle - players can put 1 Goblin Coin in the well and 'wish' for which community map they would like on the 3rd slot rotation for the next patch cycle. For others who can't spend the Goblin Coin, they get the opportunity to play 10 games of some kind.
    I'm judged by my wild image a lot
    And everybody seems to think I have a sinister plot
    I do! Be offended by every sentence I jot
    I got some militant thoughts, and you ain't killin' 'em off!
    So listen...

Indeed it's a great addition to newerth, and the contest is the thing I'm most happy about. I was worried we weren't introducing any sort of custom maps but rather we were privileged to make some maps which replace rift wars... with the entire community involved we're thus closer to the original goal and eventually we may get there.

woaaa!!!! i must say love u guys GJ s2

This is the best idea s2 announced since ultimate avatars. I am very excited to see where this is heading!
    There are only two genres of music. Metal and Shít

Quote Originally Posted by Imbaer View Post
    All maps can still be hosted in public matches, regardless of whether they are currently available in Matchmaking or not.
    All my worries are gone, thanks =D

Oh mah god, this... is... WONDERFUL!!!

I used to hate S2 cus of no support for custom maps... Now i hate em for gold coins prices :O
    Good game, well played!

Edit: Also... wish there was some kind of an MPRR... new ranking to see how you adapt to a variety of maps-modes...
    Last edited by Twoeleven; 06-28-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Heh, ive played with the editor a looong time ago, we made a few maps, including a hero defense if i'm not mistaken.
    Originally Posted by pMd_
    there are so many smurfs that you actually can't smurf because you just encounter smurfs while smurfing. why is it called smurfing anyway?

Originally Posted by Thenre
    he said looser not loser.

Game Master Account Icon
    This announcement almost gave me a heart attack! Dont do this to me guys!

No but seriously this is absolutely fantastic.

Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Best map I've ever tested in SBT.
    Last edited by ThEXSoLDieR; 06-28-2014 at 06:43 AM.
    -------------------Support my suggestion about Legendary edition avatars from here! -------------------------

The concept of maps like wc3 custom maps is the best thing HoN has ever done, literally, and it's something that puts it above LoL and DotA2, if only S2 could get the word out that they have this and DotA2 does not.

HOWEVER, this is ruined if only 1 map is going to be available at a time. Let people choose from multiple options! There is no good reason not to do this. Imagine if wc3 battle.net was like "this week only wintermaul, next week only hero siege, 3rd week only hero arena"

that would SUCK.

Also Prophet mode is an interesting idea but I think it sucks, so for example I'm shafted.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Omg guys, you did it again Awesome idea, big thumbs up!

Compare HoN with other moba games at the HoN Rosetta Stone
    Want to make your own HoN DVD? Click here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This thread made me happy
    When a hero taunts, a unique quote is played. Vote my suggestion for actually hearing those quotes ! Vote HERE