Thread: How do you counter arachna

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Account Icon

How do you counter arachna

this hero is broken in my opinion. but what heros counter her. she seems rediculously op with the best slow in game thats perma if continued.

her shell will wipe debuffs/dots on her and pretty much make nuke ults blah.

i dont understand how ot counter her. if u play range/nuker she can live thru your burst and kill u since u cant get away. if u play melee she can kite you..

this is talking 1v1 but in team battles shes even more powerfull. being in a group of people just makes her harder to get to / kill.

not trying to rage but this hero just gets under my skin by how simple and effective it is. please help me out on tips/strats to take her out or hero counters to her.

thanks

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    you don't need a hero to counter her just carry a home coming stone. If its really a problem get a VoidTalisman as well since her spider can't even attack you when its up and if you time it right you can disjoint the spider with it.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Armor helps... Whatever build you are using, an extra 550 for 5 armor makes a significant difference. Also as far as the spiderling itself, 1v1 just use a homecoming stone. in a team fight the spider should be killed quickly.

Account Icon
    so my only option is to port away? or void tali.. sweet and this hero isnt rigged?

Account Icon
    Predator,with his leap and stonehide, is a powerful arachna counter.With elder parasite and insanitarius on,he will tear her to shreds 1vs1.

Account Icon
    Counter her like you counter any other threatening hero. Disable -> kill

Account Icon
    plague riders ulti on her spider is a pretty funny way to counter it and most of the time kill her if its 1v1

In 1v1s i suppose any caster against her.
    Her HP just suck.
    Witch Slayer: Graveyard => Silver Bullet => Dead arachna.
    Pyromancer: Dragonfire => Phoenix => Blazing Strike
    If you stun/disable her, she can't do a ****.
    Through, hard to get kiten if you play dark lady. (Dash)
    Same with kraken, magmus, woaa... i could list tons of counters.
    Or Accursed, a very powerful counter imo. His Shield beats the crap out of her and he can chase with Sear.
    Or Pestilence. Swarm (If Dispell, just redo) Impale and autoattack.

Her HP-Pool does simply suck so shes rly, no problem.

Just always Focus the little Spider.
    And Arachna herself in Teamfights since her DMG Output is high.

Best hero to deal with her is warbeast, you may notice that although arachna has strong slow spells she is actually quite slow herself, warbeast cannot be slowed in his ult and will easily run down an arachna that tries to take you on.

Arachna is just straight up mediocre nowadays, used to be much, much better. Slow, Squishy and no real escape mechanism. 135g permanent counter.

Account Icon
    she isnt that good of a hero to be labeled imba.

1v1. just tp scroll out. face it, shes a ganker. gankers are supposed to triumph 1v1 battles.
    a good foundation of hp works too. you may find that she is too weak to actually kill you if you have enough hp (bracers+treads helps a lot).

team fights. spider dies in 3 hits. everyone just has to look at it for a second. its really a worthless ultimate in a team fight.
    she is then left to slow people and deal mediocre damage if she isnt killed right off the bat

Account Icon
    I play TDL alot. I silence her...she dies..
    But seeing how if you can't silence her, then u could always stun her.
    If you can't stun her, you could always slow her.
    And if all else fails, you could not try to solo arachna 1v1. duh.
    Also 135g=HC stone=Enough time for you to port to base=frustrated Arachna
    Also Arachna is nowhere near as powerful as she used to be.

PS: Fail spider is fail.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Fail_Boat View Post
    so my only option is to port away? or void tali.. sweet and this hero isnt rigged?
    I know, right? You have to spend a total of 135 gold to counter the hero. OP as ****.

It's cute seeing a nerf Arachna thread after all this time though. I sort of miss the days of nerf threads a day.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyHammer View Post
    I know, right? You have to spend a total of 135 gold to counter the hero. OP as ****.

It's cute seeing a nerf Arachna thread after all this time though. I sort of miss the days of nerf threads a day.
    hahaha
    omfg Nerf Arach
    omfg Nerf Mag

omfgomfgomfg

Are you talking about those?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Electrician's purge cancels Arachna's webbed shot. Use it on yourself or your teammate being focused by her.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyHammer View Post

people like you clearly have never played against a competent arachna.

lol 135 gold counter. not quite.

How about Zephyr? :P

Quote Originally Posted by sirDIESALOT View Post
    people like you clearly have never played against a competent arachna.

lol 135 gold counter. not quite.
    Yeah, I usually get Savage Mace by 15 minutes too.

Account Icon
    Arach is squishy as all hell, so you can counter her pretty easily. Main strategy against her? Kill her before she kills you. You aren't going to be able to run, so just attack her as much as you can. Usually nukers can destroy her as, while she has a magic-armor spell, it's only used as a partial escape mechanism (a pretty sucky one). Pyro and TB destroy Arach 1 v 1.

...Warbeast,