Thread: Mardi Gras 3v3 Grimms Crossing tournament! Prizes provided by S2!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Mardi Gras 3v3 Grimms Crossing tournament! Prizes provided by S2!

Mardi Gras 3v3 Tournament!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome everyone! before i explain the rules and prizes for the new tournament i would like to congratulate the winner of the previous tournaments, the Valentines 2v2 tournament! i would also like to thanks everyone who participated and hope everyone had fun

1st : Rakatuka, DeathGr0wl and ImbaBoy
    2nd : ElBomber, Skywire and Spinkee
    3rd : Huck'n'Tom, Royal_Killa and PheonixHawk

Again thanks to all that attended and i hope you also sign up for this one!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Sign up

1. Sign up in the forums in this format :
    Team name - Captians name - Player 1 - Player 2

2. Sign up in Challonge here : http://challonge.com/MardiGras If you sign up in the forums but not here (and vice versa) YOU CANNOT PLAY SO PLEASE SIGN UP IN BOTH

3. READ ALL THE RULES!!!

How to set up the game

Game name : Name of team 1 vs Name of team 2
    Team Size : 3v3
    Map : Grimms Crossing
    Min/Max PSR : Any / Any
    Server : (see next part)
    Spectators : 10
    Refs : 2
    Game Mode : Banning Draft (Show advanced - Banning Draft)
    Advanced Options : None

Servers

-First of all, find the team you are playing against, then roll 1/100 ( "/roll 1 100" ), the closest to 100 gets to decide if they want to pick the server or the side UNLESS :

EU vs USW = The game is automatically USE and the winner of the roll decides the side they want
    AU vs USE = The game is automatically USW and the winner of the roll decides the side they want
    EU vs AUE = To make it fair as they are the servers that are farthest apart, the winner of the roll decides between USE and USW for where they want to play.
    Dates And Times :

Saturday the 1st of March

Round of 8 (8 matches) : 12:00 EST PM (5:00 GMT / 6:00 CET)
    Round of 4 (4 matches) : 1:00 EST PM (6:00 GMT / 7:00 CET)

Sunday the 2nd of March

Round of 2 (Semi finals) 12:00 EST PM (5:00 GMT / 6:00 CET)*
    Round of 1 (Finals) 2:00 EST PM (7:00 GMT / 8:00 CET)*

*These games are best of 3

Timer
    here : http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...nt&csz=1&swk=1

Rules

Ways to win :
    -Destroy enemy Ancients
    -Get 7 kills on the enemy team (Denys do NOT count as kills)
    -Have the most COMBINED Creep kills + Denies after 30 minutes

You MUST wait 10 minutes after the start time, any longer then that is at your discretion.

Check in / Reporting scores

To check in go to the channel "Mardi Gras 1" and check in in this format :
    Team name - Captain Name

After each game go to "Mardi Gras 2" and report the game in this format :
    "Team 1" vs "Team 2" "Winning team"
    ONLY POST SCORES IN MARDI GRAS 2, anybody posting anything other then scores in mardi gras 2 will be kicked from the channel and will have to IM me the scores personally

Rewards / Prizes

1st place : 750 Gold coins per player + Mardi Gras Oogie
    2nd place : 600 Gold coins per player + Mardi Gras Oogie
    3rd place : 400 Gold coins per player + Mardi Gras Oogie
    4th place : 300 Gold coins per player + Mardi Gras Oogie
    5-8th place : 125 gold coins per player + Mardi Gras Oogie

Small change to gold coins after talking with AceJR sorry for the change
    Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by The_IOvOI; 03-01-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    What if I have mardi gras oogie? Can I choose any from golden avatars ?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant12 View Post
    What if I have mardi gras oogie? Can I choose any from golden avatars ?
    If you already own mardi gras oogie then youll get 400 extra gold coins on your gold prize
    Sign up for the Fall 1v1 tournament! You can win up to 5 alternate avatars of your choice! Sign up HERE (Please read all the rules before signing up! Thanks )

Yaay! I've been longing for a GC tourny for such a long time!

This looks good, but the only thing that stands out to me is the amount of kills needed to win. I really feel like it should be changed from 5 to something like 10. If the time limit had been 15 minutes, 5 kills would have made more sense. 10 kills got better synergy with 30 minutes for sure. It would also prevent the games from being very passive/decided on just a few plays/mistakes. An example from the '2v2 Valentines 1 tournament': After 10 minutes of passive farming, one single teamfight decides the match; their Magmus dies 0.1 second before me and we win the match and move on to the semifinals. Such a rough way to lose... I just think a few more kills needed would make the games more fair and show the real potential of the players.

Also, what are your thoughts on Banning Pick? There are such a few heroes in Banning draft and if one team manages to get any of the heroes: Panda, Succu, Tort, Pest or Gaunt that team will most likely win (unless you're called DeathGr0wL/ImbaBoy, then you'll win with anything..) Potential combos/heroes that work well together will get very limited and hard to get, but that's maybe the reasoning behind Banning draft, I don't know. One possible way could be that you can ask the enemy team before the game if they are up for Banning Pick, if the answer is no, then Banning Draft is the way to go, no questions asked.

These are just my opinions, you do what you want with the tournament! Will sign up for it regardless!
    Last edited by Fourshan; 02-20-2014 at 03:44 PM.

pfffff,bring it back to MM S2, then we can talk about tournaments and supporting the map.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    If you dont sign up in forums you will be removed from the brackets!
    Sign up for the Fall 1v1 tournament! You can win up to 5 alternate avatars of your choice! Sign up HERE (Please read all the rules before signing up! Thanks )

Well, I'd play but they nerfed scout. So pass.
    /join collude in game if you want to queue together and work together in prophets

Accepting applications for my clan. /join Clan Im Scout IRL
    You must have at minimum 1 prior suspension for something trolling related to join :)

CJXander cannot be stopped

What does this mean: "You MUST wait 10 minutes after the start time, any longer then that is at your discretion" ?

Also what is the signup deadline, if any?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Team name - Captians name - Player 1 - Player 2
    The 3 Two of us - PoscheL - Quaternion - Elpawo

first
    Quote Originally Posted by Idejder
    Enjoy the weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by link1313
    no i want to play hon

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorais View Post
    What does this mean: "You MUST wait 10 minutes after the start time, any longer then that is at your discretion" ?

Also what is the signup deadline, if any?
    means that you have to wait minimum of 10 minutes for your lined up enemyteam to appear until you can claim autowin i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Idejder
    Enjoy the weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by link1313
    no i want to play hon

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by PoscheL View Post
    means that you have to wait minimum of 10 minutes for your lined up enemyteam to appear until you can claim autowin i guess
    exactly, also the sign up deadline is the day before the tournament, so Friday, February 28th

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Bump

Team name: Don't Care (that's what my teammates said when I asked them what team name would be good )

Sorais (captain)
    Low_Morale
    wunengzi

Hello again!
    Signing in for another (hopefully) fun tournament
    Teamname: ElBomber
    Captain - Spinkee
    2nd player - Skywire
    3rd player - Leomeror

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hello guys thanks for signing up, i just changed the display name in the challonge bracket to your team names to avoid confusion, also we need more sign ups! 5 days left to sign up and itll be a bit hard to do a tournie with only 3 people so tell your freinds all about it!

Teamname: BringGrimmsB2MM
    Captain - Fourshan
    2nd player - Malte1337
    3rd player - QUBBiz

edit: Pls, more kills needed to win, will make the games more enjoyable in all possible ways! Thanks!
    Last edited by Fourshan; 02-23-2014 at 03:34 PM.

teamname : team smack_Trickz
    captain: smack_Trickz
    2nd player: mlg_pawnstar
    3rd player: ploopy08
    i was wondering why can't it be play to win kill shrine or cc. why cant we just have the more conventional way of winning.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by smack_trickz View Post
    teamname : team smack_Trickz
    captain: smack_Trickz
    2nd player: mlg_pawnstar
    3rd player: ploopy08
    i was wondering why can't it be play to win kill shrine or cc. why cant we just have the more conventional way of winning.
    To encite action, i dont want the game being farm, farm, farm then one or two teamfights decide everything, also i might increase the amount of kills needed to win to 7 to make it so 1 or 2 teamfights dont win the game like stated above

Team name: The Mooo`nters - Captians name: Callumm - Player 1 BigArlong - Player 2 Mooo`
    Last edited by Callumm; 02-28-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Account Icon
    750g, thats gunna pull them in....
    AIM FOR THE FACE!!!! :devo3: