Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: HON 3.3.3: Mid Wars and Rift Wars now fully functional for RAP

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    11,105

    HON 3.3.3: Mid Wars and Rift Wars now fully functional for RAP

    With the release of On-Demand replay retrieval, Mid Wars and Rift Wars are now subject to RAP.

    Please keep in mind that 100% forgiveness will be given to reckless, over-agressive, and unorthodox playstyles. RAP in these matches should be reserved for verbal abuse and obvious (and malicious) intentional feeding and griefing.
    Last edited by MacroHard; 02-15-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    When I was younger I had an imaginary friend.
    Now, with internet gaming, I have hundreds of imaginary friends.

    -American proverb

  2. #2
    Online
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Whirlbubble
    Posts
    11,535
    Does that include courier/ward spamming, too?

  3. #3
    Offline
    Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dubrovnik/Croatia
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Clytemnestra View Post
    Does that include courier/ward spamming, too?
    Courier/ward spamming is an offense reportable in every game mod as purpose of that is grief.

    Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.


    -----------------------------

    ^^^

  4. #4
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    God save the queen
    Posts
    3,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Clytemnestra View Post
    Does that include courier/ward spamming, too?
    buying a heckload of couriers doesn't really negatively affect anyone

    it's a good distraction too

  5. #5
    Online
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Whirlbubble
    Posts
    11,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Archtrojan View Post
    Courier/ward spamming is an offense reportable in every game mod as purpose of that is grief.
    No it's not. You couldn't get banned for that until now, just increase your priority for normal tickets. I wonder if the case is changed now.

  6. #6
    Offline
    Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dubrovnik/Croatia
    Posts
    147
    I'm pretty sure that courier spamming goes under item abuse

    Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.


    -----------------------------

    ^^^

  7. #7
    Offline
    Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    2,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Clytemnestra View Post
    No it's not. You couldn't get banned for that until now, just increase your priority for normal tickets. I wonder if the case is changed now.
    Courier/ward spam are bannable offenses and always have been.

    What is not a bannable offense is doing them in an inevitably lost game. (Whether the game is inevitably over or not is up to the discretion of the GM, and not the player. And in case of an appeal, of the SGM).

    The ward spam rule got changed as we used to suspend for ward spamming even when the game was over in the past, seeing as you were manipulating your stats by doing so. But that rule got changed since we deemed it too harsh on players.

    Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.


    -----------------------------


  8. #8
    Online
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Whirlbubble
    Posts
    11,535
    So you could get banned for spamming wards/couriers in midwars?

  9. #9
    Offline
    Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    2,568
    If the match is not over, yes.

    By doing so, you're wasting gold that could be used to purchase items that could possibly help your team win the game, thus wasting team assets.

    And by wasting wards, you're doing the same thing, plus you disallow your teammates to use these wards in a proper way.

    If the match is clearly over, it's different of course, but in normal cases, it would warrant a suspension.

    Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.


    -----------------------------


  10. #10
    OP, thank you.
    Big Bux Money Crew - We're a group of mannered friends dedicated to having the most fun by playing our favorite mode - Midwars!

    The BUX challenge - get 5 friends and try it!

    www.twitch.tv/bigbuxhustla

  11. #11
    Online
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denmark - Sønderjylland
    Posts
    4,822
    Quote Originally Posted by SuwakoChan View Post
    If the match is not over, yes.

    By doing so, you're wasting gold that could be used to purchase items that could possibly help your team win the game, thus wasting team assets.

    And by wasting wards, you're doing the same thing, plus you disallow your teammates to use these wards in a proper way.

    If the match is clearly over, it's different of course, but in normal cases, it would warrant a suspension.
    What do you mean by "clearly over"? I usually say that there is no excuse for stopping to try. If there are, lets say 3 players on a team that want to keep on trying, since if they get lucky and catch someone alone for example they can possibly, but with a low chance, turn around the game so that they still are in it. But if there are 2 guys in the well saying its over, THEN its over. No game is lost before the announcer says you have been defeated. If the game truly is lost, then you can CC. THats what the option is for. If you dont CC, then you have to keep trying. Again, there is no excuse at stopping to play.

    But its people like these that ruin games that can be won. A 1% chance at winning is sometimes enough to win. I personally find it stupid that you pardon people that abuse and make the chances that already are pretty bad even wrose. I mean, did you join a game expecting a clean and superior win? No, if they are better than you, you just have to keep on playing and try to win by beating them in a very close game. Also, why would you spam wards in the first place? If you really want to ruin a game, at least have manners and just go AFK. I would say that pardoning someone for simply going AFK when the game is partially over, but taking away your teams items...

    I mean, I hope I have made a point here. Your philosophy is "If a guy is spreading nuclear waste then i can start spreading a deadly virus because why not?"



  12. #12
    Can't wait for nothing to come from my MW reports as well!
    Unless you have investigated a problem, you will be deprived of the right to speak on it. Isn't that too harsh? Not in the least.
    When you have not probed into a problem, into the present facts and its past history, and know nothing of its essentials, whatever you say about it will undoubtedly be nonsense.
    Talking nonsense solves no problems, as everyone knows, so why is it unjust to deprive you of the right to speak?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Chime View Post
    What do you mean by "clearly over"?
    I'm pretty sure if the score is 80-0 the game is clearly over.

    ...If only there had been replays back then

    If one side is about to take the throne and you've got some wards in your inventory, I don't see why you should be punished for using them and getting the stats for it when the outcome is set. I also don't see why you should be punished if you fountain dive to death while your mega-creeps are taking the throne.

    But honestly, if your only chance of winning is for the enemy team to decide that they are going to all DC at the same time, then the game is over, 1% chance of it happening or no. I'm all for putting up a fight to try and turn things around but I'm afraid I've got to disagree with your idea that you should never stop trying. Also, Suwako isn't refering to people saying it's over, he's referring to situations where their actions either way can not reasonably alter the outcome of the match. (please don't ban me for putting words in your mouth).

  14. #14
    Oh geez, katieeee is screwed now.

  15. #15
    Online
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denmark - Sønderjylland
    Posts
    4,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagatamen View Post
    I'm pretty sure if the score is 80-0 the game is clearly over.

    ...If only there had been replays back then

    If one side is about to take the throne and you've got some wards in your inventory, I don't see why you should be punished for using them and getting the stats for it when the outcome is set. I also don't see why you should be punished if you fountain dive to death while your mega-creeps are taking the throne.

    But honestly, if your only chance of winning is for the enemy team to decide that they are going to all DC at the same time, then the game is over, 1% chance of it happening or no. I'm all for putting up a fight to try and turn things around but I'm afraid I've got to disagree with your idea that you should never stop trying. Also, Suwako isn't refering to people saying it's over, he's referring to situations where their actions either way can not reasonably alter the outcome of the match. (please don't ban me for putting words in your mouth).
    Im not specifically talking about people who were going to use the items reasonably, but then are able to see that the enemy is going to win within the next 30 seconds and then plant the wards. Of course that isnt bannable, those wards didnt have the potential to be used anyways. But if they would have had the potential of being of any kind of use, then i find it something you at least should get a warning for.

    And of course, a match that is 80-0 is a bit over the top won, but ive had many games in my life where i have won with the enemy team throwing because of the fact that they are confident in that they have won. And winning such a game as the loosing team is always the best feeling. The best turned game i can remember ended in my team having only 6 kills while the other team had 30 or something. There is always a way, UNLESS, it is a definitive loss. But even then, if your teammates want to keep trying, at least instead of using up their resources, go AFK in the fountain. As i have mentioned before, if you are going to go AFK, at least do it with manners.



  16. #16
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by thePank View Post
    Oh geez, katieeee is screwed now.


    Get good, feeder. lol

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnitter View Post
    Can't wait for nothing to come from my MW reports as well!
    Already noticed at least one thread QQ'ing about being suspended for malicious behavior in MW (Deleted of course. Ezpz).
    Last edited by Katieeee; 02-23-2014 at 03:45 PM.

    Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

    Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

    -----------------------------



    |Training Grounds Moderator | Support (1st/2nd)/Suicide Ringer For 1700-1800+ Scrims | Cupcake Baker ☆彡

  17. #17
    I've yet to be able to retrieve a MW replay. So I came here to check if reports were indeed being checked.

    If they are, it's just in time. Trolling has gone from something like 1 in 10 games to 1 in 4..

    Can you put a note in the in-game News that MW reports are now being taken seriously? It seems to have got around that people can troll as much as they want.
    Reveal your Midwars MMR -- download the latest version of the mod.

  18. #18
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by NubbyMcNub View Post
    Can you put a note in the in-game News that MW reports are now being taken seriously? It seems to have got around that people can troll as much as they want.
    Considering how few people read the forums in relative to number of players, I think this is a nice idea. But it also has the downside of maybe making people a bit mad the reports weren't reviewed prior, but that should just be a minor bruise.

    Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

    Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

    -----------------------------



    |Training Grounds Moderator | Support (1st/2nd)/Suicide Ringer For 1700-1800+ Scrims | Cupcake Baker ☆彡

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Katieeee View Post
    Considering how few people read the forums in relative to number of players, I think this is a nice idea. But it also has the downside of maybe making people a bit mad the reports weren't reviewed prior, but that should just be a minor bruise.
    I'd say it's pretty obvious the reports weren't reviewed. Indeed, such an announcement might explain why they've seen little effect of RAP and restore faith in the process. You could link to an announcement explaining that the reports were at least counted, that moderators are unpaid volunteers etc.
    Last edited by NubbyMcNub; 02-25-2014 at 04:05 AM.
    Reveal your Midwars MMR -- download the latest version of the mod.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Katieeee View Post
    Considering how few people read the forums in relative to number of players, I think this is a nice idea. But it also has the downside of maybe making people a bit mad the reports weren't reviewed prior.
    Especially since we were told the opposite! So u have one mad player right here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •