Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Will any of these tournaments be casted...?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Account Icon

Will any of these tournaments be casted...?

Isnt Breaky a full time employee? What does he do other than cast 10 hours a week and why arent these being casted? S2 at its finest.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Twitch.tv/strife
    HoN Gossip - The #1 Source for Unbiased HoN News

Quote Originally Posted by P4wn2E4 View Post
    Everytime Phil's taking a dump, truth is coming out of his butt. Just sniff it and become enlightened.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Thrill View Post
    Twitch.tv/strife
    Seems about right, so much for S2's bullshit saying development of Strife wont affect HoN.

Quote Originally Posted by AceJR View Post
    Our dedicated HoN team will continue to provide the support and content necessary for the hardcore MOBA experience that you have come to expect and love.
    4char

#strifebestmoba
    If.

I wish Breaky would actually tell us wtf he is doing as a full time employee. It's ridiculous that he can't find time to cast games if that is his JOB. If it isn't, let the community know what his new primary role actually is.

see sig
    "The most effective way of increasing profits is by continuing to satisfy customers."

"Please don't sit there and claim R.A.P does nothing with out proof/statistics."

:D

s2 said that the people working with hon will continue with full effort towards hon's future and strife will have a new team so there wont be less resources working with hon

the fact that breaky never casts hon anymore, the entire s2 office is playing and working with strife and there barely are any hontour admins actually online during hontour determined that was a lie. gg s2, keep telling people that hon is growing and lying to an entire community every single podcast

Many Strife
    So Best
    Such Moba

Everyone should know by now when S2games makes a statement the opposite will be the right.

honcast studios were showing it already, why do you think they build a studio just for dying comp scene? Obv they had then already strife in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian9001 View Post
    Everyone should know by now when S2games makes a statement the opposite will be the right.

honcast studios were showing it already, why do you think they build a studio just for dying comp scene? Obv they had then already strife in mind.
    i think people are a bit over-hyped about the studio, its just a table with chairs and some green screening

Quote Originally Posted by AFROPUBE69 View Post
    i think people are a bit over-hyped about the studio, its just a table with chairs and some green screening

Well, apparently those tables & chairs cost them tens of thousands of dollars, or so they claim.

well ... what you expect from a game or i should say company which couldnt attracked a single major sponsor for its game and outside of this hontour season 2 joke :d with the huge gold coins awards there is no other tournaments? Yeah, they will say its not an easy job to do so when you have lol and dota2 for a competition but when you have a game so much better than lol and dota it should be easy ...

so much complaining in this thread.
    Make RAP system public, open to see punishments and allow community involvement.
    Open up regions to increase player base and competition.

Quote Originally Posted by lllIIlllIIll View Post
    Isnt Breaky a full time employee? What does he do other than cast 10 hours a week and why arent these being casted? S2 at its finest.
    twitch.tv/strife daily stream with BreakyCPK

Quote Originally Posted by carben View Post
    see sig
    "does nothing with out proof"
    *without

Quote Originally Posted by Auora View Post
    twitch.tv/strife daily stream with BreakyCPK
    OMFG.
    At first i thought this was a blatantly ironic post. Just as the stream. Then i tried opening it just to see if something exists.
    WHAT THE HELL???
    I... I... I am losing words... Like... WTF, REALLY???
    Last edited by Ahimtar; 01-17-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    Haven't you missed that Halloween was in Newerth?

I think there are 2 reasons why they are not responding anything (These may seem really obvious for most of you, but I'll write them down anyways.)

1. Shame. Breaky and the rest of S2 crew who are responsible for Hon's competitive scene must be very ashamed for their performance towards the community. The amount of betrayed promises, failed events and all the little things that add up makes it hard for them to communicate with us anymore. They've lost our respect, and they know it.

2. The crew must have created a very toxic picture of us, the community. Our constant demands for better production, calling them out for BS and the large amount of (sometimes pointless) accusations have turned them hostile. This is a dangerous way of seeing it's customers for a company, but seeing how childishly the "crew" has reacted to many of the problems that have occurred (Like plainly not giving us any answers when there has been a fluke), this is probably at least partially true. Milkfat's post a long time ago where he said something like "90% of competitive discussion is garbage" further confirms this way of seeing the community.

18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Hey guys

So I wanted to hopefully get an understanding on what is going on. Yes it is true that I have started a project called Strife Daily that is about playing Strife and interacting with the community to keep peopled updated on what is going on with the game.

Yes, due to the scheduled time for this show it does mean that events such as Ultimate Series (which this thread is referring to) are not covered by myself. I will say we do have a list of casters who we are in contact with and if they ever want to cover events such as the Ultimate Series all they have to do is ask and request casting access. In fact with that said, if any community member out there does want to cast events such as Ultimate Series or even lower divisions of HoN Tour please just send an email to honcast@s2games.com and we can discuss what needs to happen.

With that said, I am still and will continue to cover HoN Tour on the weekends, as well as the playoffs, and yes those will take priority over anything else including Strife of course. I have not made it any kind of secret that I have had personal interest in Strife and that I also will never be a one game caster for the rest of my career, its just for the first time I actually am investing a bit of my time into doing some coverage for another game.

HoN has been a part of my life for over 4+ years, and I do still care very much for it and am still very excited to cast both HoN Tour and other major events that will rise. But I can't sit here and say that I will always be HoN because again I never have and in fact I have said just the opposite. I know that a lot of you don't want to hear that, but its just how it is.

But again, I do not want this post in any sense to seem like a "Oh breaky is leaving HoN" or "this is the true end" because once again it is not. In fact, I went through and finished gathering all the individual player stats for the Season 2 of HoN Tour so we could have that information (you can see it at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&usp=sharing , it is not the most organized but majority of the diamond players can be found within the tabs!). Just like we have been through many times before, HoN still has a great competitive scene going for it and will still have Honcast there with myself casting for events.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

What does any of what you just posted have to do with the fact that S2 is shirking HoN events, to cover Strife? AceJr specifically said that this wouldn't happen and it obviously has, what do you have to say to that?

It's not you the people are upset with breaky, its s2. The general consensus is that too many resources have been allocated to strife and this game is a mere shadow of what it had the potential to be. Things like the lack of tournament coverage and the failure to post simple thjngs like 2013 awards further the feeling that s2 does not truly care about this game. I'm not saying this is the case as I'm sure many s2 employees do care about hon, but it is unfortunately not made as evident as it should be.