Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: RAP Stats - Fall 2013

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff

RAP Stats - Fall 2013

Good day ladies & gentlemen,

To help you understand what is going on behind the scenes of the Report-A-Player system, we decided to release publicly the statistics for Fall 2013. In this report, you will see the outcomes of the work of numerous Game Masters and what happened with your reports in general. Since HoN 3.0, the system has been modified to assess incoming tickets targetting (prioritizing) repeated offenders. See this post.

September to December 2013 Global Statistics

• Number of tickets exceeding threshold (on average per day) : 218
    • Total Number of Tickets exceeding threshold: 11 652
    • Total Number of Tickets Handled: 11 617
    • Ratio of tickets handled versus not handled: 99.70% tickets were handled during that period of time.
    • Total Guilty: 7787 (67%)
    • Total Warning: 482 (4%)
    • Total Innocent: 3348 (29%)

September 2013

G: Guilty , W: Warning , I : Innocent

• Purposefully Feeding : (G: 80% , W: 3% , I: 17%) -- 749 reports
    • Avoiding AFK Detection : (G: 54% , W: 6% , I: 40%) -- 851 reports
    • Item Spamming/Abuse : (G: 81% , W: 4% , I: 15%) -- 334 reports
    • Impersonating Staff : (G: 20% , W: 0% , I: 80%) -- 5 reports
    • Bad Nickname : (G: 26% , W: 0% , I: 74%) -- 288 reports
    • Chat Abuse : (G: 86% , W: 6% , I: 8%) -- 661 reports

5 undone reports

October 2013

• Purposefully Feeding : (G: 75% , W: 3% , I: 22%) -- 753 reports
    • Avoiding AFK Detection : (G: 58% , W: 5% , I: 37%) -- 735 reports
    • Item Spamming/Abuse : (G: 84% , W: 2% , I: 14%) -- 325 reports
    • Impersonating Staff : (G: 4% , W: 2% , I: 94%) -- 125 reports
    • Bad Nickname : (G: 20% , W: 0% , I: 80%) -- 215 reports
    • Chat Abuse : (G: 84% , W: 6% , I: 10%) -- 573 reports

5 undone reports

November 2013

• Purposefully Feeding : (G: 76% , W: 3% , I: 21%) -- 900 reports
    • Avoiding AFK Detection : (G: 50% , W: 5% , I: 45%) -- 1024 reports
    • Item Spamming/Abuse : (G: 75% , W: 6% , I: 19%) -- 357 reports
    • Impersonating Staff : (G: 22% , W: 0% , I: 78%) -- 9 reports
    • Bad Nickname : (G: 25% , W: 0% , I: 75%) -- 212 reports
    • Chat Abuse : (G: 87% , W: 5% , I: 8%) -- 620 reports

16 undone reports

December 2013

• Purposefully Feeding : (G: 79% , W: 2% , I: 19%) -- 715 reports
    • Avoiding AFK Detection : (G: 57% , W: 6% , I: 37%) -- 701 reports
    • Item Spamming/Abuse : (G: 78% , W: 5% , I: 17%) -- 288 reports
    • Impersonating Staff : (G: 5% , W: 3% , I: 92%) -- 63 reports
    • Bad Nickname : (G: 16% , W: 0% , I: 84%) -- 176 reports
    • Chat Abuse : (G: 85% , W: 6% , I: 9%) -- 483 reports

9 undone reports

Feel free to post your impressions below. Let us know if such reports are helpful.

Have a great day,

_Showtime_
    Last edited by _Showtime_; 01-03-2014 at 03:06 PM.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Reserved

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Thanks man
    It's good to see avoiding AFK - illogical refusal participate griefers getting banned.
    Last edited by MojoScum; 01-03-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Interesting things, Thanks gentlemen. ^__^

How many tickets didn't make threshold during those months?

Actually pretty surprised with that guilty % for bad nick tickets, thought it would be even lower. Also how come bad nickname tickets were included in the "tickets reaching threshold" numbers?
    Last edited by thePank; 01-04-2014 at 06:39 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by thePank View Post
    How many tickets didn't make threshold during those months?

Actually pretty surprised with that guilty % for bad nick tickets, thought it would be even lower. Also how come bad nickname tickets were included in the "tickets reaching threshold" numbers?
    Good day,

For the tickets question: this number is varying too much per months to be relevant in such report.

Unfortunately this cannot be answered without revealing the actual mechanics behind the system.

Bad nickname is still a mystery for the comunity, and so is impersonating staff. I think there must be a thread explaining(pls dont link me the rules, they are useless for those 2 examples and by the % of not guilty anyone can see I am right) with examples from successeful tickets. I think it is time to do it.

Sometimes is useless because the guilty has another account ..

But in the end , well done S2 .

Q: How do I know if a nickname is inappropriate?
    Names that contain any of the following are inappropriate:
    Discrimination against race, color, ethnicity, creed, national original, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, or disability
    Negative stereotype with regards to any of the above
    Sexually explicit words or phrases
    Please note that names that are sexually suggestive are not necessarily sexually explicit

English profanity, or obvious bypass thereof
    Promotion of globally or historically significant societal injustices or catastrophes
    Please note that names that mention or refer to such injustice are not necessarily promoting it
    "AdolfHiter" will not be deemed inappropriate
    "IKilledJews" will be marked inappropriate
    Probably the biggest issue is the sexually explicit or suggestive for bad nicks. I feel like these other areas for bad nicknames are better described and explained than it. Wouldn't hurt to post something more intuitive in this area as it is the only real section where you want your rules to be plain as day since "skirting the rules" doesn't particularly matter as it should be cut and dry for offensive nicknames.

Any statistics if the ppl that have been reported have spent money or not on the account?

Made a topic linking to this on the GD forums for more exposure that RAP actually does work. Sorry if this increases your workload ^.^
    Learn how to play Midas in two simple steps:
    Step 1: click the link
    Step 2: start reading
    Clicky

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hopefully this will clear some of the confusion and misinformation that some people have about GM's doing nothing and reporting being useless.
    I was expecting the number of false reports to be higher, guess I was wrong. ^_^
    DxD Damnation

Self-Proclaimed best Devourer in the world!

Almost a third of reports being innocent is really high, especially when you consider that is equivalent to nearly half the amount of those getting more than a warning. That means for about every two people getting a punishment greater than a warning, there is one person out there who at least one person believe should have received some sort of punishment for his/her behavior who instead was deemed innocent.

But that's just numbers from actual reports being made. Why not do a survey in-game and ask players about how often they do not report and get a number for that and maybe even have the survey ask why users do not report and get numbers for how frequent those reasons are? Because is it completely fair to say the RAP system works when you have what seems like a lot of people not actually using it?

But back to the innocent reports. How much consideration is being given to tickets sent in on players who are going Elder Parasite + Brutalizer on Parasite? Like I'm perfectly fine with the build, but there are surely people who may have sent in a report on those who go with that build or those who go the Striders and Codex Scout because reporters may strongly believe such behavior should be against the rules. A question about such builds was asked not so long ago here in the RAP Feedback section, and the official answer was that any player may choose to go with such builds as long as they're having fun and not intentionally ruining the game for others as listed in the CoC. To those who believe such a style of play is negative for the community, the RAP system may not be seen to be working. This means I can go Striders + Codex Scout every game, and as long as I can prove I'm not intentionally ruining others' time by going for immortals, I am untouchable by RAP. Those who report me may be discouraged because I don't even have to prove in any way that I am trying to even win. Now take a step into the shoes of those who may have reported me - There is a player on your team who is performing in a way that is widely accepted as negative, but RAP cannot touch him/her. Is RAP working for those people?

The GMs work hard, and that is appreciated, but before people start saying "These numbers, thus RAP must be working," try to consider the bigger picture when people may consider otherwise.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Why people make so many mistakes in "impersonating staff" category? It seems not so hard to understand...
    could you please do some sample of good/wrong "impersonating staff" report?

15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringoire View Post
    Why people make so many mistakes in "impersonating staff" category? It seems not so hard to understand...
    could you please do some sample of good/wrong "impersonating staff" report?
    A lot of people use this category to report a player without caring about the nature of the offense.

So most of the time we will go through the logs and see nothing wrong.

A valid staff impersonation would be something like:

[00:01] Player X : i'm staff i ban u if u dont stop

Or

[00:01] Player X : i'm a gm, this is my sub

16.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Regarding staff impersonation, in addition to what Showtime mentioned, this category is also often incorrectly used to report perceived hacks.

"He is maphacking", "he has a gold gain hack", "he used a one shot hack to instantly kill me", etc. Another reason the innocent rate is high in this category.
    Last edited by MacroHard; 01-09-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    When I was younger I had an imaginary friend.
    Now, with internet gaming, I have hundreds of imaginary friends.

-American proverb

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Wow so much chat abuse. I wonder if it's mostly spam or insults.

About the undone reports, are those like, skipped or how?

So it's like 2-3k monthly reports. That divided to like 60 people means 30-50 per each(actually I can imagine double). I can imagine some take breaks, too but still, you guys are crazy.
    Last edited by Clytemnestra; 01-09-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    So successfully appeals, duh.

And you guys are still crazy. Keep up.

I've certainly believed that RAP works for HoN given what I've read in the past before these statistics, but I'm also very concerned that many of the innocent verdicts are from midwars games due to lack of replays/evidence.

Can an authority tell us what is the guilty:innocent ratio for RAP in midwars?
    Big Bux Money Crew - We're a group of mannered friends dedicated to having the most fun by playing our favorite mode - Midwars!

The BUX challenge - get 5 friends and try it!

www.twitch.tv/bigbuxhustla

Quote Originally Posted by BigBuxHustla View Post
    I've certainly believed that RAP works for HoN given what I've read in the past before these statistics, but I'm also very concerned that many of the innocent verdicts are from midwars games due to lack of replays/evidence.

Can an authority tell us what is the guilty:innocent ratio for RAP in midwars?
    Afaik midwars reports aren't looked into, they simply affect the priority of other reports against said player.