Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: HoN 3.3: A Fortified Arsenal -> Dec 18th. 3 more leaks in the lovely form of a video!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff

HoN 3.3: A Fortified Arsenal -> Dec 18th. 3 more leaks in the lovely form of a video!

Part 1

Hello everyone, Buro here. I’d like to give a sneak peak at the Kinesis change in this upcoming patch. Kinesis being a hero I worked heavily on and a hero I enjoy playing, this change has gotten me very excited for this patch!

Telekinetic Control:
    -Charge refresh lowered from 4,3.5,3,2.5 to 4.0, 3.3,2.6,2.0
    -Increased the radius in which he can pick up trees from 600 to 800.
    -Cast action time on throw lowered from 200 to 0
    -Can now lift and throw while moving and attacking

Inherent Defense:
    -Now grants +0.25 Movement Speed per shield value. Always a base of 10 Movement Speed
    -Shield per damage generation rescaled from 12.5,25,37.5,50% to 20,30,40,50% of damage attempted.

Mass Control
    -For the duration of the first activation, all lifted objects will follow Kinesis at 522 speed.

Kinesis has always been a very mobile hero that specializes in burst damage with some utility as well. He wants to maintain pressure on the enemy team in a fight by continually doing damage and building up his passive. This change really emphasizes his play-style. By reducing the refresh rate on the charges of his Telekinetic Control and allowing him a larger range from which to grab objects, he is able to keep up his damage and pressure more easily in a fight. The added movement speed on Inherent Defense, the change to Mass Control, as well as Kinesis now being able to maintain his movement while lifting and throwing objects makes the hero easier to play and feel a lot more fluid in use. I hope that all of you new and old Kinesis players enjoy this change as much as I do!

Part 2

Hello friends, people call me Pandaroohoo and I wanna give you just a small taste of some of the changes targeted at the competitive scene. Many of these changes have been in the works with the results from HoNtour cycles. The recent results of Dreamhack has reassured us that we're ready to ship them.

Firstly Keeper of the Forest is getting the axe, largely to his base armor and Nature's Veil. We want lane options to be both enjoyable and interactive. We feel that Keeper's passive play and sustainability in lane has minimized any risk involved for both parties. Keeper of the Forest will need to be more considerate of his frequent use of Nature's Veil and exchange of hits with enemies.

Keeper of the Forest
    - Total Starting armor lowered from 3.1 to 1.1
    - Nature's Veil: Health Regen lowered from 4 to 3
    - Nature's Veil: Mana cost increased from 60 to 70
    - Animate Trees: Health decreased from 600 to 550.
    - Animate Trees: Minions move speed reduced from 325 to 300.

Tempest is our next culprit. His team fight potential is unmatched but is not without counter-play. We wanted to preserve the great feelings that a "good ol temp ult" hits so were looking at lowering his early game snowball potential instead. Glacial Blasts has had it's cast range lowered, reducing his approachability from early game ganking, most noticeably without boots. Elementals will also deal reduced damage, lowering his jungling speed and pushing potential. Tempest will need to be more considerate of his item choices when he isn't being showered in gold.

Tempest
    - Glacial Blasts : Cooldown increased from 15 seconds to 18 seconds
    - Glacial Blasts : Cast range lowered from 600 to 500
    - Glacial Blasts : Debuff containing additional stuns is now dispellable
    - Elemental : Attack Damage lowered from 20,27,34,41 to 18,24,30,36
    - Elemental Void : Outer Ring Damage per second lowered from 30,50,70 to 15,25,35

These changes are but tiny specs on a large list that we are all excited to see finally hit this upcoming patch. Besides, we all know everyone is tired of seeing these stinky Engineers. Thanks for reading friends and Happy Holidays!

Part 3

Hey guys, Idejder here to bring you a sneak peek at some exciting changes coming to Heroes of Newerth in the next patch. I will be talking about an old classic hero that everyone is familiar with: Thunderbringer. We have been playing around with ideas for him for quite a while and we are happy with what we have come up with.

• Armor increased from 1.54 to 2.0
    • Movement Speed increased from 295 to 300.
    • Blast of Lightning can now be cast on Allies as well as Enemies
    • Does no damage to Allies and still grants Truevision around the target

• Applies a +75 Movement Speed buff to Allies you cast on for 5 seconds
    • May be Double Activated to cast on yourself
    • Still activates Lightning Rod when cast on an Ally

From reading this you can see that Thunderbringer’s Blast of Lightning now has an entirely different use. You can cast this on Allies or yourself to get a short duration buff to either help with escaping, chasing, or positioning. On top of that, using this on yourself turns you into a mobile Ward of Revelation to counter an Enemy’s wards or spot invisible heroes. We are really excited to see what players come up with now that they are given an entirely new way to use this ability. We hope you are looking forward to this change as much as we are!

Part 4 - WZA Dev Blog

Last edited by AceJR; 12-16-2013 at 05:23 PM.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Twitter

Adam "AceJR" Martinazzi | HoN Community Manager

Opopopopopopopopop

...But really, I can't wait. Kinesis has been in my favorites list for a while. He's super fun to play and this might make it easier to play him somewhere other than solo mid. Although, I foresee this getting scaled back in the future do to the ungodly destruction he will bring. I imagine him becoming a perma-hasted tank in teamfights, running around smashing people to bits with their own armies, unable to be juked because he will just take all the trees and use them to crush you.

We feel that Keeper's passive play and sustainability in lane has minimized any risk involved for both parties.
    I see how these changes increase the risk factor for keeper, but what about for his opponents? The change looks like it might even increase the passivity of keeper's play, since his laning viability will be decreased and he will be more likely to jungle.
    Last edited by jbroom; 12-13-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Nerf pls.
    Have any questions pertaining to official Hon Lore? Visit here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    New item??New BIG BALANCE PATCH?? New meta??
    A new Yeti Kongor??

RISE YOURSELF!! Christmas HoN is coming!! :3
    Hardcore player. Always improve his gameplay. Never rage against anyone than himself for being weak.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU. I've been saying every day in the Reddit chat channel, "Kinesis best hero ever". Bought him EA, play him more often in MidWars than any other hero. So glad to see him get even STRONGER! >

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

is ?

is the elemental mage *cough* *cough* invoker *cough* coming in this patch ? i hope so!

Bought the new alt when I saw this post, gj.
    Yep.

can we get rid of the pumpkin head creeps already and the holloween decorations

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by kha_alim View Post
    Can we have the EU LAG problem solved by the holidays???
    ...this

I like the changes on Kinesis. Time to let the EA avatar out again

Moar leaks pls!!!

Soooo.. Kinesis
    - There is at least one thing worse than fighting with allies – And that is to fight without them.
    http://en.twitch.tv/twoeasy
    http://facebook.com/zlapped

Nice! Being able to bring the trees with you is a welcome buff.

Kinesis has always been a very mobile hero
    Mobile? Not one skill move player controlled units and he has 300 MS.

moar leaks now
    Hero Designs:
    Blood Ritualist

Hooray for kinesis buffs, good to see my suggestion went somewhere =D
    Graphic/Web Designer and Designer of Free Custom Account Icons (CAI) and Custom Backgrounds

Click the pic for my mashup thread of HoN and other characters from games/movies/shows
    Click here for my Hero morph thread (merging 1 or more heroes together)

Click here for my Deviantart Profile

We want more!!!!
    Under Construction

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Based on the name of the patch, powercreepppppppppppp.

The movement speed seems tacked on to the passive even though Kinesis can make good work of it. Excited about the buffs even though I think they were unnecessary .

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Hooray for kinesis buffs, good to see my suggestion went somewhere =D
    Practically everyone was asking for kinesis buffs :P
    Last edited by ploopy08; 12-09-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ploopy08 View Post
    The movement speed seems tacked on to the passive even though Kinesis can make good work of it. Excited about the buffs even though I think they were unnecessary .

Practically everyone was asking for kinesis buffs :P
    Yes but the gain X ms per shield charge was my specific idea for a buff, as seen in this thread
    Graphic/Web Designer and Designer of Free Custom Account Icons (CAI) and Custom Backgrounds

Click the pic for my mashup thread of HoN and other characters from games/movies/shows
    Click here for my Hero morph thread (merging 1 or more heroes together)

Click here for my Deviantart Profile