Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Why are you sending out conformations for RAP tickets now?

Why are you sending out conformations for RAP tickets now?

I recently reported a player, and I got an email a few days later that my report was successful. I was very happy because he was one of two guys that I can think of that I really wanted reported, but it also shocked me a little.

Macrohard gave me a very indepth reason as to why there shouldn't be any email conformations, and I just got one. Why did you suddenly decide to send out emails for the tickets?

I PLAY TRACKPAD!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It's a well documented bug, I'm actually surprised you haven't heard of it if you've heard about Macro's explanation

Basically whoever's ticket it used to suspend the player will be getting an email. It's not intended and they definitely aren't sending out RAP emails for every report you make afaik.

Honored with an unhonored avatar. 2 persons in 1 man. Nice to meet you dr. Jekyll.

Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Macrohard's long answer

The system works as Snatch described it.

Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Rout 'em and bubble 'em.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Snatch stating that it is a confirmed bug isn't a answer.
    It's been here since RAP 3.0 and needs fixing.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The bug being the reason he got an email is an answer, even if it's not the one you are after. I agree that it should be fixed, but there's nothing I can do about it so I may as well help him understand why he got that one.
    Last edited by Snatch; 12-04-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoScum View Post
    Snatch stating that it is a confirmed bug isn't a answer.
    It's been here since RAP 3.0 and needs fixing.
    To reiterate, we GMs have no power to change code, nor influence the decision to change code. The issue is documented and we can do no more about it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Having a feedback for a ban is a very positive bug

It doesn't really seem like a very important bug to fix, but maybe it should be.

Anyway, thanks all for the links and such.

I PLAY TRACKPAD!

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    We decided to expand what was previously a bug (which happened to a relatively small percentage) and apply it to all players as a feature. You will now receive an email confirmation ONLY if your specific ticket was referenced in the GM decision. I will update the FAQ accordingly.

Keep in mind that MOST tickets will still not receive a results email per the "long explanation" linked in the post above, even if your case is legitimate and found guilty. This is because the typical "high priority" suspect will have multiple open tickets against him, and the chances that your own private ticket was used will be small.

Remember that GMs will typically select the easiest ticket to review first. Therefore, to maximize your chances of receiving a "success!" email, please include as detailed and specific description as possible. "He fed twice in top lane about 7 minutes in" will be reviewed before "He fed top" will be reviewed before "feeder please ban".
    Last edited by MacroHard; 12-11-2013 at 01:43 AM.
    When I was younger I had an imaginary friend.
    Now, with internet gaming, I have hundreds of imaginary friends.

-American proverb

Quote Originally Posted by MacroHard View Post
    We decided to expand what was previously a bug (which happened to a relatively small percentage) and apply it to all players as a feature. You will now receive an email confirmation ONLY if your specific ticket was referenced in the GM decision. I will update the FAQ accordingly.

Keep in mind that MOST tickets will still not receive a results email per the "long explanation" linked in the post above, even if your case is legitimate and found guilty. This is because the typical "high priority" suspect will have multiple open tickets against him, and the chances that your own private ticket was used will be small.

Remember that GMs will typically select the easiest ticket to review first. Therefore, to maximize your chances of receiving a "success!" email, please include as detailed and specific description as possible. "He fed twice in top lane about 7 minutes in" will be reviewed before "He fed top" will be reviewed before "feeder please ban".
    Thank you for this !
    "What do I need PK for, I can charge from 1000 range"

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by MacroHard View Post
    ...You will now receive an email confirmation ONLY if your specific ticket was referenced in the GM decision...
    Just to understand:
    Receive an email confirmation only means that someone's ticket has been used by GM. It doesn't means that the reported player has been found guilty. Is it correct?

If this, it would be nice to receive also information about the outcome of the RAP ticket (no need to know if banned, muted, warned etc. Just guilty or not guilty).
    This would help us to better understand if our interpretation of the rules is correct or not. Feedback is an auto correcting mechanism that will lead to have improved reports from players => less job to GM => more rapidity and better accuracy in examining RAP => less trolls and griefers.
    Last edited by Gringoire; 12-11-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Only if the player is marked guilty (Updated FAQ, second paragraph)

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

The Game Masters volunteer position is now accepting applications; details here.