Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Dreamhack Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Dreamhack Content

Hi,

For this upcoming Dreamhack, stayGreen will be pushing a lot of unique content through the team's website and stream. We have some surprises in terms of the type of content, its extensiveness, and its accessibility. We will have most of the community's needs and wants available on-demand when the team's website relaunches next week.

We also want to make sure we don't miss out on cool features the community wants. It's about time we give back and now's your chance to contribute. What type of coverage, features, and content would you like to see come out of Dreamhack? Feel free to post your suggestions and we'll work had on making it happen and adding it to the already growing pool of features. We're also always looking for talented designers, writers, artists, and programmers. So if you want to help, feel free to post as well!

#HoNisalive

-Narcy

Quote Originally Posted by Narcy View Post
    #HoNisalive
    makes me think about blue mountain state theme song, "hell yeah"
    #tank

sG promised us alot of content this summer, but not really alot of that actually happened. Hopefully this time?
    Last edited by ToFat2Gank; 11-11-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToFat2Gank View Post
    sG promised us alot of contect this summer, but not really alot of that actually happened. Hopefully this time?
    We didn't have the personnel to do it.

I'm actually going to personally fly to Sweden this year and will literally be in the press area pushing content 24/7. We also have a sort of team assembled.

We're still missing really good writers and some volunteers that want to help us out with some easy stuff even from remote places.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I would like swindle to replaycast just the drafting phase ONLY of some of sG's matches. I would like to know what his thought process is/was as each hero is banned and picked by the enemy team.
    When I was younger I had an imaginary friend.
    Now, with internet gaming, I have hundreds of imaginary friends.

-American proverb

Quote Originally Posted by MacroHard View Post
    I would like swindle to replaycast just the drafting phase ONLY of some of sG's matches. I would like to know what his thought process is/was as each hero is banned and picked by the enemy team.
    Great idea! I'll co-ordinate something with Swindle regarding that. This probably would be something that would be recorded then released after the event in the form of an edited video, mainly for secret strategy purposes, but I'lll look into it.

Last Dreamhack there was a livestream where you could hear the sg guys during their games. I loved it and would like to see it again

#scoutwithwolves 2.0 all I need thx

skype sound live is kewl
    Yep.

I'd personally love to see more stats come up, like winrate of heroes/teams/players along with things like gpm, kd and all sort of stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaser View Post
    I'd personally love to see more stats come up, like winrate of heroes/teams/players along with things like gpm, kd and all sort of stuff like that.
    Agreed!

If the skype conversation could be streamed this Dreamhack as well, I would be grateful! It was awesome to hear them communicate while watching the game!

scout with wolves +1

Send fantasy a PM on the forums.

I want to hear swindle screaming "1-2-3 shut the **** up" again. I'd even take a remix. Was hillarious last dreamhack

To add to this I think Dota2 tournaments have been doing a really good job of this lately and it would be awesome to have some of the same stats for hon games like:

* Winrate for firstpick/lastpick and also firstpick when legion and first pick when hellbourne
    * Winrate when x item before 15 min
    * Winrate with x and y hero on the same team (engi/flux, kraken/tempest are a few that comes to mind)
    * Winrate when running a jungle hero/trilane/2,1,2
    * Winrate on popular items

All this is quite cool to see and it really makes item pick up feel much more meaningfull and it also gives food for conversation not only in chat but also between commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by Euthalia View Post
    To add to this I think Dota2 tournaments have been doing a really good job of this lately and it would be awesome to have some of the same stats for hon games like:

* Winrate for firstpick/lastpick and also firstpick when legion and first pick when hellbourne
    * Winrate with x and y hero on the same team (engi/flux, kraken/tempest are a few that comes to mind)

All this is quite cool to see and it really makes item pick up feel much more meaningfull and it also gives food for conversation not only in chat but also between commentators.
    u dont have firstpick when ur hb

The sample size of dreamhack matches is just too small to get any statistically interesting winrate percentages, besides the teams aren't identical. Some teams prefer running different heroes / getting different items. therefor, a successful team could play a balanced hero, win most of their games, and said "balanced hero" will seem OP because of high winrates. It's a good idea and stuff, but the sample size and individuality of the players just screws it all up.

I find quite annoyng the stats popping up lately in dota matches.
    For the most part they are uselless & just too many

Just wanted you all to know that I'm reading this thread all the time and discussing all the given suggestions with the team and the contacts I have at hand. At this point, we need some more input on stats and what kind of stats are important.

Most stats will have to be "hand-made" by dedicated people such as Fantasy, so we need to make sure we only produce accurate and interesting stats. We don't want to waste time producing things that are of little to no value.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast