Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: BreakyCPK and Beef will be casters AT the DreamHack Winter 2013 Event

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff

BreakyCPK and Beef will be casters AT the DreamHack Winter 2013 Event

Hey HoN Community

It was officially announced today (all though I know a lot of people already picked up on it) that I would be going to DreamHack Winter 2013 to cast the HoN tournament. It was also announced today that the co-caster is going to be Beef, who gets to make his first appearance at DH, and we are both VERY excited and can't wait for this to be one of the best HoN events we have ever seen.

http://www.dreamhack.se/dhw13/2013/1...-hon-at-dhw13/

Now I know that myself and Beef might not be the traditional casters combination, and all though I feel we actually pull it off pretty well, I of course respect the communities opinion and want to give the best understanding as to why Beef was selected as the co-caster for the upcoming DreamHack Event. First off, I was approached ~1 month ago by DreamHack requesting who I would want as a co-caster and of course a couple of names went through my head. But the most difficult part about it was that because it was a bit ago and we had no clue and still don't even %100 know which players / teams are going to actually be in the event, the options were greatly decreased from that alone. Even if this wasn't the case though, I would still consider Beef to be one of the best candidates for this position as casting a LIVE event is a lot different then just casting from the comfort of your home on your computer, and getting someone with no experience of that could be a bit of a risk.

Then honestly it also comes down to Beef just frankly deserves it. Beef has done more for the competitive HoN scene than anyone over the last year, including help organize and basically run 2 SoundBlaster Heroes League Events and doing constant coverage through out the many weeks and weekends of events like HoN Tour and what not. He just flat out deserves this opportunity to be able to experience the DreamHack Event which is basically the cornerstone of the competitive HoN scene in terms of LAN events.

So with all of that said, I once again am VERY excited about this event and know that we will kick ass and can't wait to both see all the players and fans once again at Elmia for the DreamHack Winter 2013 Event!
    Last edited by BreakyCPK; 11-06-2013 at 11:42 AM.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Gonna miss the competitive insight though

Beef deserves it 100% though! But it's just too awkward with 2 shoutcasters casting together imo
    Last edited by Funxz; 11-06-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Nice. Dreamhack Summer 2013 was kinda dull on the event without BreakyCPK..

Elmia*

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Funxz View Post
    Gonna miss the competitive insight though

Beef deserves it 100% though! But it's just too awkward with 2 shoutcasters casting together imo
    We will have access to many pro players at the event who will be of course playing in it, and the idea of grabbing them for in between games at the very least to get their insight is def not out of the question at all!

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Account Icon
    hon is saved

I completely agree 100% that Beef deserves it! Personally, I think the combo is not too bad

Wow, great news for sure! Dreamhack just got a lot more exciting! Go Breaky and Beef!

heres an idea, how about fly out two competitive players who dont qualify for DH and form two casting teams. that way you have competitive insight and also you can cast two games (honcast and colcast)...BOOOM. problem solved!!

Awesome news! Enjoy it over there!

Hon is alive

Beef is an incredibly deserving individual. I'm happy he's getting to do this and personally I think that Breaky's and Beef's dual casting sounds great!

Sounds great! Looking forward to the event, now. We got the 2 most likeable people of the staff casting live at the event. That's all we wanted

Also; Tralf, Heimer, Chu, Jiggle_billy, and Testie, to increase the score of my post.
    HoN community - we never forgive, we never forget

Thoroughly disappointed in this. Not only is beef extremely awkward and annoying to listen to, with self deprecating jokes and a complete void of professionalism, but he also is just an 1800 pub with the competitive insight of an 1800 pub. Why would I want to listen to someone whose role is to provide insight if they're lower/the same MMR as me?

This is gonna be worse than zyori/breaky. I would much prefer breaky solocast than this.

Quote Originally Posted by DalekLem View Post
    heres an idea, how about fly out two competitive players who dont qualify for DH and form two casting teams. that way you have competitive insight and also you can cast two games (honcast and colcast)...BOOOM. problem solved!!
    Or use competitors that aren't currently playing!

#honbestmoba

I really don't mind them together at all. They have both casted enough games to be able to at least touch on the strategy going on, and if they get someone to come on between (or even during?) games that's just a bonus. I feel that they have the best balance as far as who talks, compared to when either of them is with Swindle or Sender.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Auora View Post
    Or use competitors that aren't currently playing!
    insi pls cast at dh

OH LORD thank you for this!
    would love to see a tricast though (breaky+beef+a competitive player there)
    like what the above posters mentioned, (no flame intended) beef and breaky just doesn't go very well together,
    it's kind of like putting noodles into more noodles,

Analyst panel please