Thread: Dreamhack Winter 2013 - Nordic Online Qualifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff

Dreamhack Winter 2013 - Nordic Online Qualifier

Teams from across the world are ready to invade DreamHack, so the tournament calls upon local heroes to defend their home turf. Three nordic teams will get the exclusive chance to go head-to-head with the international troops to compete in the DreamHack Winter 2013 HoN tournament.

Nordic Online Qualifier is hosted and organized by DreamHack. (no Hontour.com system)

Links
    1. dreamhack.se Info Post
    2. Nordic Online Qualifier (Registration, brackets)

Important dates
    1. Registration deadline: November 17, 17:00 CET
    2. Tournament days: November 18 - 19

Reminder
    • At least 3 out of 5 players must be from Nordic region.
    • Max 64 teams, Top 3 teams from Nordic Qualifier will qualify for the LAN event.
    • No travel stipends or hotel accommodations are provided.

For information regarding previous qualifiers visit DHW Qualifier Information at Hontour.com.

glhf see you there

selling spot in johan's bed $30 per night
    If.

okay so after actually reading the event info:

Why are there ELEVEN days of registration and TWO days of tournament?
    Why is it BEST OF ONE UNTIL THE SEMIFINALS?
    BTW all tournament EXCEPT semis/finals takes place on ONE DAY. From 64-->4....?

once again registration is open for ELEVEN days. That's more time than it takes to complete an entire cycle of hontour.

ELEVEN

Who is going to seed this? I REALLY hope it's not the same person that designed the format.

i dont even

i wish the competing teams even more luck because lets face it if you want to make it to dreamhack out of this tournament you'll really ****ing need it.
    If.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'm gonna say... it wasn't me. But out of curiosity whats wrong with 11 days of registration?
    compLexity Gaming - Content Director | eSports Media Manager - Hontour
    Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Beefpotpie View Post
    I'm gonna say... it wasn't me. But out of curiosity whats wrong with 11 days of registration?
    Because it's the reason the tournament is 2 days and bo1. If it was say 5 days then you have time for best of threes.
    [11:04:47 PM] Rene: but i just calculate people
    [11:04:50 PM] Rene: when i meet them
    [11:04:57 PM] Rene: and then pretty much know how to manipulate them
    [11:05:01 PM] Rene: except for my friends ofc
    [11:05:01 PM] Alex "sender" Wieker: dam you calculated me?
    [11:05:08 PM] Rene: u count as a friend
    [11:05:13 PM] Alex "sender" Wieker: yesss

Quote Originally Posted by Beefpotpie View Post
    - Theres only two days of tournament.
    - Hotel/Travel aren't covered - that means any team that qualifies through this has about a week to plan their trip.
    - Any team with a hope of qualifying through this tournament has known about it for a month+ and will register by tomorrow
    - Best of ones are bad enough, but in a single elimination format? **** me.
    If.

Account Icon
    why are you so surprised that this is ****

Will be fun to play atleast, but 1 week to plan the trip kinda sucks, probably impossible to make it IF we qualify

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by swindlemelonzz View Post
    okay so after actually reading the event info:

Why are there ELEVEN days of registration and TWO days of tournament?
    Why is it BEST OF ONE UNTIL THE SEMIFINALS?
    BTW all tournament EXCEPT semis/finals takes place on ONE DAY. From 64-->4....?

once again registration is open for ELEVEN days. That's more time than it takes to complete an entire cycle of hontour.

ELEVEN

Who is going to seed this? I REALLY hope it's not the same person that designed the format.

i dont even

i wish the competing teams even more luck because lets face it if you want to make it to dreamhack out of this tournament you'll really ****ing need it.

Because it costs money to use a venue, registration period could be as long as you want, because that's irrelevant to the fixed dates of the venue itself, you book it for 2 days one month ago, then you can announce the tournament either 11 days before the main event or 3 weeks, it's irrelevant.

You need to grasp the concept of event management to understand it completely.

sender is implying as if the venue is booked for 13 days.

And there will be around 26~ teams max. participating for HoN, it would be a waste of money to book the venue for 3 days for 20 something teams.
    Last edited by NewAxelay; 11-06-2013 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewAxelay View Post
    Because it costs money to use a venue, registration period could be as long as you want, because that's irrelevant to the fixed dates of the venue itself, you book it for 2 days one month ago, then you can announce the tournament either 11 days before the main event or 3 weeks, it's irrelevant.

You need to grasp the concept of event management to understand it completely.

sender is implying as if the venue is booked for 13 days.

And there will be around 26~ teams max. participating for HoN, it would be a waste of money to book the venue for 3 days for 20 something teams.
    What are you even talking about? This has nothing to do with a venue, did you read what people are talking about?

These people need to book their flights and accommodation within a week if they qualify. Instead of making it maybe five days of sign ups and then a three day tournament, leaving them with over a week to figure out accommodation etc. There is no point having 11 days of sign ups. It makes no sense.

i have no idea what the person who planned this was thinking when s/he put the last qualifier about a week before the actual event. you pretty much have to book hotel pre-qualifier to even be able to get a place to live. plus the prices will probably be crazy
    sans soleil

What is covered by "nordic"?

Quote Originally Posted by swindlemelonzz View Post
    - Hotel/Travel aren't covered - that means any team that qualifies through this has about a week to plan their trip.
    Guess they gonna need that offer of yours then

But I agree feels like there's not much to it here, feels a bit short of time with only 1 week.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Link06 View Post
    What is covered by "nordic"?
    I guess Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. I highly doubt Iceland is considered nordic, is it?

Iceland is aswell =)

they are yet to have any accomplishments in HoN though.

I agree with Swindle and Sender, The tournament by all means can be two days if that's what has been decided, although Bo1 are a risky format for a large investment (Going to Dreamhack). But, Why not end the registration On Saturday/Sunday, and host the tournament at some point next week (Wed/Thurs/Fri), or (Tues/Wed/Thurs) or even make it two of those days. But Like others have stated especially those who live out of the Sweden like myself, I will plan everything ahead of time regardless, but its still not enough time. Teams who know if they can play the Nordic will after 5-6 days of seeing this information, and I'm sure every team playing in the Nordic has already planned ahead of time.

GG DCx can qualify

3/5 xD

Quote Originally Posted by Auora View Post
    GG DCx can qualify

3/5 xD
    +1
    there are 2 maybe 3 teams out of the top 20 that aren't 3/5 nordic
    sans soleil

Account Icon
    Why bother? sG will win anyway ! ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGUNSLAYR View Post
    Why bother? sG will win anyway ! ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    The experience. I play hon cause it's fun to play with my team, and playing in dreamhack would most likely make it even more fun, so why wouldn't people bother? :P