Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: 3.2.6: Halloween and Community Appreciation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff

3.2.6: Halloween and Community Appreciation

3.2.6: Halloween and Community Appreciation

Hey Everyone! AceJR here to bring you the low down on HoN’s newest patch: 3.2.6.

First and foremost, if you’ve taken the time to read the patch notes you’ll see that there isn’t an extensive list of changes entering this patch. This is so because we’ve moved a really exciting change to the next patch to insure that it is in prime condition when we release it to you, our beloved community!

Speaking of our beloved community, we took this chance to give you all a token of our appreciation and we are dedicating this patch to you guys! This means that we will be doing our best to show you guys how much you mean to us. Here are a few things that we have prepared for you:

• Extra Silver
      • For the next two weeks, starting at 12:00 pm EDT (6:00pm CEST) on Wednesday, matchmaking will be dishing out 1.5 times normal silver.
      • In addition to this, during the two weekends in this patch we will be 1-up-ing ourselves by giving out 2.5 times normal silver!
      • http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...making-Rewards

• HoNored Posters

• We will be inducting 3 more community members into the HoNored poster hall of fame. If you didn’t know, HoNored posters are those that exemplify the qualities of active, constructive members of the forums.
      • These community members will be revealed throughout the next two weeks. Make sure to congratulate them when you see them around.
      • https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/s...and-Nospheratu

• Since we are always trying to get a better gauge on what you all want from the content that we put into the game, we will be implementing an avatar feedback thread for each alt avatar that we release. The threads will have a poll available for quick feedback and will also be open for more detailed feedback in the comments of the thread.

• Concept Art Contest
      • Ever have a idea for some concept art involving HoN Heroes but you’re not artistically inclined to make it a reality? Well don’t sweat it, we got your back We will be taking ideas for a professionally done concept art related to a new feature (will be released shortly) and choosing one to produce for you all to enjoy. Start thinking about ideas and more info will be released shortly

• Creative Continuum #13: A HoNted Halloween
      • The newest installment of the Creative Continuum Series will go live on Wednesday, the 23rd. Since Halloween is right around the corner, all of the categories will have a Halloween theme. From pumpkin carving to costumes to scary HoN stories, if you are up for the challenge enter the contest and show the community what you can do!
      • http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...Nted-Halloween

• Halloween Map
      • Forests of Caldavar will have a bit of Halloween swag attached to it for this patch for your enjoyment. So enjoy

• New Plinko Rewards
      • The Diamond chest prizes for Plinko will be changed to include a new batch of Avatars. New avatars will include the Seven Sins avatars and several EA avatars.
      • In addition to new Diamond chest prizes, the Ticket Exchange prizes will also be changed to include some fresh new avatars for you to add to your collection.
      • http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...Plinko-Rewards

• Play with Friends Rewards
      • Starting at 12 pm EDT (6 pm CEST) Oct 23rd there will be a matchmaking rewards event going on. The details of the event are:
        • Play 10 Games with friends between the 23rd and the 30th to receive Nightmare Madman
        • Play 10 Games with friends between the 30th and November 6th to receive Clown Devourer.
        • Play 20 Games with friends between the 23rd and November 6th to receive Doll Master.
        • Play 20 Games solo between the 23rd and November 6th to receive Mummy Guantlet.
        • If you already own any of these avatars, you will receive 125 SC for completing the task.

• http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...making-Rewards

With that long list of things going on this patch, I hope that you guys really enjoy the next two weeks.

Your Community Manager,

AceJR

Last edited by AceJR; 10-24-2013 at 02:44 PM.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Adam "AceJR" Martinazzi | HoN Community Manager and Marketing Coordinator

love it! would be perfect if you would bring back grimms to MM,too. gogo unranked only grimms,give it back for the start of the event!

I think the avatar feedback thing is gonna be amazing.
    Have any questions pertaining to official Hon Lore? Visit here

Nice.

Just one complaint. I think, several ppl already have Clown Devourer and Nightmare Madman as they are old avatars and cheap (500silver). It means anybody who wants the avatars already have them, for sure.

I think should be other avatars or some other reward for ppl who already have it.

By the way, when a rework for those old avatars? :P I love them.
    Last edited by Breo; 10-23-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Breo View Post
    Nice.

Just one complaint. I think, several ppl already have Clown Devourer and Nightmare Madman as they are old avatars and cheap (500silver). It means anybody who wants the avatars already have them, for sure.

I think should be other avatars or some other reward for ppl who already have it.

I agree. You have already given those avatars which means dedicated player doesn't get anything this time.
    ~~ Fungalos ~~

Add a code to instantly concede a team who complain about backdooring.
    All is fair in love and war. And HoN is like both, but with sweety nerds QQing.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.

If I am not mistaken, you will receive an amount if silver equal to the price of the avatar if you already have it.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Breo View Post
    Nice.

If you already have these avatars then you simply get to enjoy the extra silver for playing during this time frame

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LeJacques View Post
    If I am not mistaken, you will receive an amount if silver equal to the price of the avatar if you already have it.
    Not sure if this is true, but I will look into it and try and make it happen so that everyone can gain something from this contest.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by AceJR View Post
    HoNored Posters
      • We will be inducting 3 more community members into the HoNored poster hall of fame. If you didn’t know, HoNored posters are those that exemplify the qualities of active, constructive members of the forums.
      • These community members will be answered throughout the next two weeks. Make sure to congratulate them when you see them around.
    I wasn't informed of this.
    The harem's west wing is under renovation currently, you could have given me some heads up you know.
    ... This is so very typical of you.
    I am the beast, the defiler, the source of all pain.
    The darkness will cover the lands once again.
    So make peace with whatever it is the gods worship, the end has come.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinsword View Post
    I think the avatar feedback thing is gonna be amazing.
    4char

Support my Emerald Warden SotM Buff here
    Support my Circe SotM Buff here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    These community members will be answered throughout the next two weeks.
    Adam please, it's too early to be unsober.

I think if the avatars for the Play With Friends thing was changed to Headless Pyro and Hocus Pocus Hag, you would get a lot of happy peeps. A lot of people like Garena HoNSEA's events because they're not hesitant to put more valuable avatars as part of the prizes over old avatars people don't really have much interest in. But I reeeeally appreciate that bots/unranked are included so new players can attain these avatars and enjoy them. ^^

Definitely looking forward to the next Creative Continuum and those avatar feedback threads!

|Ex-Training Grounds Moderator | Support (1st/2nd)/Suicide Ringer For 1700-1800+ Scrims | Cupcake Baker ☆彡

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    All of these look awesome! Can't wait to play HoN on the weekend! Also, I hope we get something else if we already have Madman and Devourer alts!
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) but at what cost?!

When in doubt! pick scout!

What you are saying is, basically, that with this patch you have basically done nothing whatsoever and call it appreciation for the community. Ok.
    Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!TThank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you S2!Thank you
    Last edited by `Niwa; 10-23-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Can't agree more with Katie. You should really change the alt-avatar prizes for playing with friends or at least give silver to those who already own both alt avatars

Quote Originally Posted by AceJR View Post
    Not sure if this is true, but I will look into it and try and make it happen so that everyone can gain something from this contest.
    Thank you very much

I like that long list of events and swags planned for the coming days, keep it up! I like how every base is covered (from forum to in game) and everyone has a way to participate.

I would really encourage you to change the alt reward though, N.Madman and C.Devourer are very old (low quality-ish, compare to today's alt) avatars and its not too much incentive for the average players out there which most likely already own the alt or something better. So, I'd definitely suggest and encourage better and more valuable alts to be rewarded.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    One does not simply call Clown devo bad...

18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Alright, changed my mis-wording from answered to revealed (don't know what came over me...). As for the Avatars in the contest, I will look into what I can do to get them improved. No guarantees though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clytemnestra View Post
    One does not simply call Clown devo bad...
    Clown devo is he best devo skin, not even rift devo comes close.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by ploopy08 View Post
    Clown devo is he best devo skin, not even rift devo comes close.
    Clown Devo is Vacation Dampeer level.

I miss Vacation Dampeer and his adorable fun loving attitude.
    I am the beast, the defiler, the source of all pain.
    The darkness will cover the lands once again.
    So make peace with whatever it is the gods worship, the end has come.