Stats:

Str: 20 (+2.4)

Agi: 20 (+1.5)

Int: 20 (+2.0)

Mov. Speed: 300

Armor: 2.8

Magic Armor: 5.50

Decription:

He has a metalic/futuristic armor and an aqualung. He has also a white coat as he is an inveterate scientific. Has a brown beard, is bald and has glasses similar to engineer's. Has a portal gun and a bag on the back full of tools. Has also in the belt, little turrets attached.

Lore:

He was the best alumn Doctor Repulsor ever had. Probably more skillful in science than his mentor, but no doubt about it from Repulsor who was always feared from him since Slider rejected to join him and Hellbourne crew. Slider was a man with strong convictions, he hold them but he is no longer a "man".
    As soon as his teacher joined to Newerth, Kinesis and Flux came to him, first to ask for help... and finally to help him in his research and works. Meanwhile he workout to get powerful and keep fears away, training his body and mind to manage the bionic armor he was developing.
    He is now here joined to Legion squadron to brings the final victory. The end is coming.

Skills:

Turret ring: consist in target on a location to create a ring of 8 turrets for 2/3/4/5 seconds which will start with laser beams sensors which will damage, after 0,5 secs from detection, the enemies inside and silencing them inmediatly for 2 secs. Each turret deals 7/8/9/10 physical damage per second. Turrets could be destroyed in 2 hits from other heroes and 1 hit from the Portal Maker. (Note that turrets will be 0,5 secs without deals damage since they detect an enemie insede, so won't damage the full duration)
    Mana cost: 70/90/110/130
    CD: 12

Portals: consist in target the ground (including cliffs) on two different places (max range: 400/600/800/1000) to create portals wich are connected after 1.5 secs delay. Enemies/allies could pass through losing/gaining 1/2/3/4 magic armor gaining physic inmunity for 3 secs, and dealing 40/60/80/100 magic damage. Portals last 5 secs or after 2 uses. Heroes have to wait 2 secs before use portals again, discharging energy.
    Mana cost: 40/55/70/85 each portal
    Cd: 30/25/20/15 from last portal set.

Dipolar Flux: consist in create a flux of energy which emerges from a portal located on the targeted ground, pushing up the enemie/allied units making them untargeatables from out of the flux for the duration, dealing/healing 10 to 100hp (true damage) per second but allowing them to drop out by moving 75% slow (Inside, only movement abilities are disabled) damaging 75/100/125/150 true damage when hitting the ground. No damage deal when flux ends. Damage/Heal is greater the farther the enemy is from ground. If two heroes enters the flux, they will be floating at half altitude, three at third. Flux cant push up more than 3 heroes. The flux lasts 2/3/3/4 secs.
    Mana cost: 80/95/110/125
    Cd: 22/20/18/16

Toolboxing: an "upgradeable skill". Similar to Emerald Warden. At Lvl 6 allows you to target an enemie to grab'em transforming him in a box for 3/3,5/4 secs and allowing you to move it with you for the duration (similar to rampage's ulti, the box will be floating over your open hand), moving 500/800/1100 units the attachment will break. Lvl 11 allows you by activating again to launch the enemy (as a box) to the direction you are facing to (600/1100 range) stopping the hex at the impact. Lvl 16 is passive: allows you to target allies reducing 80% damage took while in the box.

You be able to activate the next ultimate's use for 4 secs.

Mana cost: 120 each activation
    Cd: 80/90/100 from last activation

He has a very strong combo so I set on him some weaknesses:

He lacks on mana as his skills are too "expensive".

As he could have a OP lane phase as support I made him melee and set his skills to be easily avoidables after a bit set of time (silence from turrets activation so he only could be hitted 1 time by turrets, you can move out from dipolar flux after a sec) or even usable for enemies (enemies can use portal as initiation mecahnism, not desired but will be interesting for heroes as legionaire, pharaoh, behemoth, keeper,...).

He has a big synergy as you can initiate with portals or ulti after lvl 11.

You can use Dipolar flux and inmediatly Turret ring over and enemy so if he moves out he will hit the ground inside the turret being silenced for 2 secs. During this you can use portal inside turret rings and near you to teleport the enemie to you.

Other way is use this combo in other order. You can use portals or turret ring in first place and then the others.

Lvl 11 of ulti allows you to initiate. Using PK or portals you can go to the enemie, grab him and launching away. Or just go to him, grab and use

lvl 16 allows you to save mates launching them away from the battle or just reducing the incoming damage for a while.

I want to notice the sinergy of some spells like portals with stuns or inmobiliazations, dipolar flux and the ulti over an ally to heal him and yourself for a half amount of highest number. Enemies could go inside the flux to reduce the heal and fight with enemies inside, also. By the way in early phase you can use dipolar flux and portal below to teleport the allies in risky situations, however the enemie can go inside the flux.

There are many variants with the combo and enemies have several ways to counter it. So could be very funny and interesting.

Probably the numbers of Dipolar flux make the spell OP but it could be reduced or tweaked in sameway. However I think the main idea is fun.

Helpful and descriptive diagrams:

Turret ring:

Dipolar FLux:

Last edited by Breo; 10-16-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Interesting!

I like the ideas you have with this hero, his ult especially. I believe the stun on the throw should have a small aoe so that he can initiate but not be too powerful.

I believe his first ability the turret ring should infuse teammates with either % reduced damage or a damage buff while an enemy is present in the ring.

For the portals i think the teleport should grant a movement speed debuff and an increase to armor instead of a decrease for teammates, he is a support afterall.

With his flux ability i think making more than one 'level' to it is too complicated. Possibly could make the slow equivalent to the % of time spent in the vortex. Being there for full duration is 60%ish slow for enemies. Staying in is a tradeoff, you leave and take damage and get slowed or wait it out. Keep it as an aoe slow/disable with dps/heal.

I definitely think we need more melee support in the game. There is no need to add another carry/ganker in my opinion those roles are fairly saturated already. Hope you like my ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGorre View Post
    I like the ideas you have with this hero, his ult especially. I believe the stun on the throw should have a small aoe so that he can initiate but not be too powerful.

The ult has not stun on the throw. He can initiate by taking an enemie and throwing him away or just using tablet, portalkey, portals skill....

I believe his first ability the turret ring should infuse teammates with either % reduced damage or a damage buff while an enemy is present in the ring.
    Could be fine or what about the bullets which hit the ally/allies inside does not go through them and hit the enmy then?. So the enemy doesnt take total damage with allies inside.

For the portals i think the teleport should grant a movement speed debuff and an increase to armor instead of a decrease for teammates, he is a support afterall.
    I think you didnt understand it at all. The teammates who passes through receives a 1/2/3/4 magic armor buff, 3 secs of physic invulnarability and 40/60/80/100 magic damage. The enemies receives a 1/2/3/4 debuff, 3 secs of physic invulnarability and 40/60/80/100 magic damage.

But yes, what about a movement speed debuff for enemies and a mov speed bff for allies so allies can use it for scape, as it is not that easy because of the portal delay?

Initially the skill have that asset, but I thought the hero was very strong so I nerfed.

Because Slider has not a great burst of damage as other supports but he has a lot of CC and utility.

Or what about the allies who pass through have a bonus attack damage for his next basic attack instead receive damage?

With his flux ability i think making more than one 'level' to it is too complicated. Possibly could make the slow equivalent to the % of time spent in the vortex. Being there for full duration is 60%ish slow for enemies. Staying in is a tradeoff, you leave and take damage and get slowed or wait it out. Keep it as an aoe slow/disable with dps/heal.

Doesnt understand at all what do you mean. Sorry.

CAn you explain it in other words?

By the way the idea of slow units while go out and hit the ground due to the high they were in the flux stream is nice... What about that? The thing is, the enemies have slowed inside the flux and also receives damage. So I dont know if more slow is suitable.

I think i misunderstood what you meant when it comes to the flux. I was thinking that each hero that enters goes higher than the last hero that entered it resulting in more slow.

For the turrets I didn't consider the fact that if it hit teammates the enemy would be avoiding damage. Maybe the bullets could go through teammates to damage enemies.

I understand your portal skill now that you've explained it in that way. Definitely like the possibilities with this hero. Hope it ends up going somewhere!

Best of luck, sorry my reply took a while.

Want this portal port!!