== General ==
- Added new Hero: Circe the Deceiver
* Circe is a support hero who specializes in deceiving the enemy through the use of illusions and clone mechanics. Her ultimate allows her to copy an enemies items and abilities.
* Entrapment - Target a location to throw an orb in that direction. The first enemy hero hit by the orb is dealt 60/120/180/240 Magic Damage and Immobilized for 1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0 Seconds. Once Entrapment ends, it will jump to another nearby enemy dealing the same damage and immobilize.
* Doppelganger - Target a hero to create an illusion of them under your control for 15/20/25/30 seconds. The Illusion receives 350% damage and deals 33% damage. If cast upon an enemy, applies a 20% Movement Speed Slow to them for 2 seconds.
* Deceive - Activate to immediately stealth and leave an illusion behind for 4/6/8/10 seconds.
* Twisted Visage - Target an enemy hero to channel for 2 seconds. After channeling completes, you become a copy of the enemy hero including items and abilities for 15 seconds. While in this form, you deal 70/85/100% damage.
* This Hero will be released with 2 avatars. One is a Premium Alt Avatar and the other is a Debut Edition. Debut Edition Alt Avatars are sold for a limited period of time after the release of a hero. They are not exclusively limited to that period of time and may reappear within the store at a later time.
* Releases 9/25/2013
== New Content ==
- Added new Circe the Deceiver Premium Alt Avatar: Poison Circe
* The Deceiver takes many forms, and her appearance known as Poison Circe is rumored to have been born in the Garden of Eden, a land she considered her own before those two interlopers arrived. Since then her toxic charade has been the downfall of many utopias.
* Releases 9/25/2013
- Added new Circe the Deceiver Debut Edition Alt Avatar: Iron Maiden
* When the ship's wreckage washed ashore on Circe's island prison in the 8th century, the one item that held her fascination seemed to be a sort of man-sized jail cell lined with iron spikes. She mimicked its form and function and eagerly awaited the opportunity to enjoy it with a human. The next sailors who set foot on her sands did not savor it nearly as much as she did.
* Releases 9/25/2013
- Added new Ophelia Ultimate Alt Avatar: Sylvia
* Daughter of Circe the Deceiver, mother of Ophelia, and bane of Maliken Grimm, the mystical shapeshifter Sylvia has emerged from the darkest forests of Caldavar to stand with her Beasts and her cherished bloodline against the Hellbourne.
* Upgrade her model throughout the game with the following items:
* Weapon Horns: Codex / Stormspirit / Sol's Bulwark / Daemonic Breastplate
* Head Horns: Puzzlebox / Tablet of Command / Abyssal Skull
* Wings: Staff of the Master / Kuldra's Sheepstick / Barrier Idol / Shaman's Headdress
* Stripes: Power Supply / Energizer
* Legs: Boots / Upgraded Boots
* Arms/Tail: Astrolabe / Ring of Sorcery / Nome's Wisdom / Sacrificial Stone
* You can also modify her effects by owning the following avatars:
* Snot Keeper (Gravekeeper)
* Earthroc Pebbles
* Ogre Blacksmith
* Owning these four avatars will give Sylvia these effects:
* Glowing tips on her horns (after she gets her horns)
* Blood dripping from her claws (after she gets her claws)
* A chiprel who follows her around
* Releases 9/27/2013
- Added new Gravekeeper Alt Avatar: Snot Keeper
* This crotchety old hermit has spent years away from society, choosing to pass the days with his tame pet Snotters instead. But now that the Legion and Hellbourne have refused to stay off his lawn, he's out for payback!
* Releases 9/30/2013
- Added new Blacksmith Alt Avatar: Ogre Blacksmith
* Brilliant, but lacking common sense; lazy, but compelled to forge; the Ogre Blacksmith is a walking contradiction, and he likes being that way! If he didn’t also hate being that way, of course. Infusing elemental magic into his hammers, this tiny monster brings the pain to his enemies with a frozen blast. Or a fiery barrage. Or with a little luck, total annihilation… Not that he believes in luck, or anything.
* Releases 10/2/2013
- Added new Pebbles Alt Avatar: Earthroc Pebbles
* The south of Caldavar is littered with the remains of monasteries and forgotten architecture long lost to the sands of time. From the remains of an ancient Temple of Sol, hidden in the dense forests on the way to Sang-La, emerges Earthroc Pebbles: a titan of the jungle -- brought to life by Sylvia -- who has survived the erosion of millennia.
* Releases 10/4/2013
== Balance Changes ==
- Ancients and lane creeps will no longer attack each other
- Burning Shadows: Damage decreased from 70/140/210/280 to 60/120/180/240
- Reflection: Damage decreased from 225/375/525 to 200/325/450
- Magnetic Surge: Mana Cost reduced from 20/30/40/50 to 25
- Polarity Swap: Now a 5-level ability and has a level in it at the start of the game
- Transmute: Duration of the debuff to land two abilities increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds
- Charge: No longer starts its cooldown until after you land the charge on someone
== Bug Fixes and Optimizations ==
- Added a sound effect to the add bot button
- Demonic Pathogen will no longer affect his own team if applied to an illusion that naturally expires before the debuff expires
- Trample cannot be cast again until Cthulhuphant's current Trample is finished
- Staff of the Master will no longer refresh all abilities when using decapitate on non-Hero targets
- Can no longer Heavenly Vault distances farther than intended
- Heavenly Vault for Alt Avatars now moves at the correct speed
- Persecution now procs on misses, however only the stun event will proc
- Staff of the Master will no longer break channel when using charges from Staccato or any items that would work with normal channeling
- Fixed Protective Melody animation so that it cancels properly when she stops channeling without issuing any further orders
- Staff of the Master visual effect after teleporting will now be visible to enemies. Can no longer target boss units
- Feint's Siphon will no longer give attack damage to Shadowblade if the target has negative damage
Really like the Midas buff. It seems small but it's a pretty big deal! Panman's gonna be so happy.
S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
The ram change is confusing to me.
Dont know if its a nerf or not, that second charge might be handy on lane.
Still no fix / reinstatement for the accept match system? Then I'm still not queueing up. Get on that already, S2!
This makes sense, though it also begs the question, why isn't this how the game treats all jungle monsters? The current system where lane creeps are arbitrarily buffed to absolutely slaughter jungle monsters really doesn't make any sense at all, and this now inconsistent treatment of jungle monsters by lane creeps really draws attention to that fact.Ancients and lane creeps will no longer attack each other
I'd rather see killing jungle monsters to be made accessible to heroes that don't have some special mechanic that lets them do so trivially, rather than having lane pulling be a cop-out solution for them to do so regardless of their inability to touch the jungle otherwise.
Last edited by I_Crow_I; 09-24-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Good shadowblade nerf.
Learn how to play Midas in two simple steps:
Step 1: click the link
Step 2: start reading
All my love.- Polarity Swap: Now a 5-level ability and has a level in it at the start of the game
Kenhek - another Hero Suggestion | My blog! (updated 01/04/15: A Break in character; Criticism of Video Games and Art)
Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.
Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!
seems like s2 is sticking to the idea of nerfing the early game presence of one shotty heroes.
Rampage nerf is kinda silly but needed considering charging a creep to get back to lane after a gank was pretty fun.
Rampage nerf is unjustified, considering how little (and how unsucessfully) the hero is picked. If this is gonna happen, at least reduce the cooldown of the charge to 15-20 seconds, so its more useable in teamfights. I really dislike the Fayde nerf, considering how poor her burst is in comparison to heroes like Pebbles or Dampeer. I suppose the only reason why her burst is nerfed is so codex wouldn't have to be touched.
Why is Sylvia alt avatar for Ophelia? I thought that Sylvia will be next new hero
Inb4 Astarte alt for Scout.
Last couple of patches seem to strive to improve the feel of pub games with the balance changes, and that is completely fine with me :P
Also, I dig the Flux love
Before you complain about Ramp, think of it this way.
He can now charge and cancel without having a cooldown.
Got stunned? Might be disjointed? Target died? Need to run into lane? Charge a creep?
You can now switch targets freely and use items midcharge if you have to without losing Q.
It's not all bad.
Clock is ticking, Twilight. Clock. Is. Ticking.
Keep it together. Keep it together.
If I can't find a friendship problem...
I'll make a friendship problem...
Thank god! Finally the nerfs on Shadowblade and Rampage! You wouldn't mind buffing Tempest, Keeper, SW, Lodestone and Rally while you are at it?