Thread: The Monkey King

View Poll Results: Do you worship the monkey king?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 89.66%
  • No

3 10.34%

Lightbulb The Monkey King

Monkey King

Author of pic: eWKn

Sensing evil upon the lands of Newerth, the legendary monkey king flew down from his holy mountain estate to aid the legion if purging the land.

19+1.7
    | 23+2.0 | 17+1.6

Movement Speed: 305
    Attack Range: Melee
    Damage: 42-50
    Armor: 7

Attack Animation: To be updated.

Voices:
    Selected- "I hear."
    "I'm a stoner."
    "Where are my servants?"
    "I suggest we kill the gorilla."

Attack- "Play time."
    "You! You stole my banana!"
    "Who wants some of this staff?"

Movement- "Can't touch this."
    "Cloud, carry me."

Death- "I am immortal."

Taunt- ?

To be updated.

Thrust

The monkey king performs a powerful thrust and extends his golden staff, damaging and pushing all units in a line back.

Skill Mechanics: The staff extends in the targeted direction, pushing and damaging all units caught in its radius for 60*(# of enemy creeps or heros). The staff stops extending when it hits a tree or building.

[1] Extends up to 350 range
    [2] Extends up to 500 range
    [3] Extends up to 650 range
    [4] Extends up to 800 range

Advanced Mechanics:
    -Mana: 70/80/90/100
    -Cooldown: 15 seconds

[Balance] Balance details.

Stone Armor

The monkey king temporarily encases his target in layers of earth, granting them protection at the cost of freedom but deals damage if broken.

Skill Mechanics: A targetted AOE spell (like Pebbles' stun) that turns those within range into statues of earth. The targets are immobilized and unarmed for 2.5 seconds but are NOT silenced.
    If the encasement is broken during 2.5 seconds then the encased targets will take additional damage depending on the HP of the stone armor.
    This spell does not grant magic immunity.

[1] Stone armor has 75 HP (and the potential to deal 75 extra physical damage if it breaks.
    [2] Stone armor has 150 HP (and the potential to deal 150 extra physical damage if it breaks.
    [3] Stone armor has 225 HP (and the potential to deal 150 extra physical damage if it breaks.
    [4] Stone armor has 300 HP (and the potential to deal 300 extra physical damage if it breaks.

Advanced Mechanics:
    -Mana: 120
    -Cooldown: 20 seconds
    -Range: 500
    -AOE: 350

[Balance] Balance details.

Monkey Combat

The monkey king is good at fighting.

Skill Mechanics: Monkey king has a chance to blink to the other side of his target on attack, dealing bonus damage based on his agility.

[1] Bonus damage for 40% of his agility.
    [2] Bonus damage for 60% of his agility.
    [3] Bonus damage for 80% of his agility.
    [4] Bonus damage for 100% of his agility.

Advanced Mechanics: 17% chance to trigger on attack at all levels.

[Balance] This is a blink passive, so sometimes enemy attacks and spell will miss due to monkey king being "too far".

The monkey king summons his mobile temple. It is said that its magnificence blinds the viewer from all but the temple, and serves as a temporary solace for the first person to break into it.

Skill Mechanics: Summons the monkey temple at target location that damages enemies in a 500 radius. It also attacks all units within 500 radius with arrows (1atk/sec). The temple is immune to magic and caps the vision of the heroes within range to the temple's attack range (unlinks shared ally vision). The first unit to be pushed into the temple is removed from the game until the temple disappears (think Obsidian Destroyer's ability: Atral Imprisonment).

[1] Has 750 HP, 75 damage.
    [2] Has 1000 HP, 90 damage.
    [3] Has 1500 HP, 120 damage.
    [SoTM] Adds 500 HP, 40 damage, and +150 radius on all levels.

Advanced Mechanics:
    -Mana: 200
    -Cooldown: 90 seconds.
    -Summoning damage: 250 in 500 AOE
    -Temple lasts for 12 seconds. (Attacks once per second and has 500[650] range)

[Balance] Walking out of the temple range pretty much renders this ult useless.

[Synergy]

+= immobilize target, get in position, and push.
    += contant repostioning to find the ideal spot to push.
    ++ = immobilize target, get in position, and push into ult.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

[Q]
    "Enemy he is engaging in combat with" What does that mean exactly? 17% chance on attack to tp and deal bonus damage? 17% chance when he is hit to tp and do bonus damage? When exactly is the chance to proc?
    [A] Fixed, sorry for the confusion. It's 17% chance to blink to the opposite side of your target from the position you originally attacked from. The chance is proc is on attack.
    I think Shiri understood what I meant. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiri View Post
    I think by "opposite side" he means, if you hit them in the front you'll jump to their back like a nighthound pounce with a stab, and if you hit them in the back (while chasing) you'll jump in front of them so you can staffpoke them back the way they came (into your team.)
    [Q]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiri View Post
    1st skill should probably be aimable, there's no real reason to make it rely on gimpy turning mechanics like demonhands. Also, I think instead of 60*units pushed you mean more like 0.6*units pushed, which is still a ridiculous 600ish damage line nuke from melee range, don't think that's what you intended. Maybe 0.4 or someithing.
    [A] I meant for the first skill to be aimable, I confused myself . Fixed. It should NOT work like demonhands.
    For its damage calculations, it's 60*units. Units in this case is not the distance but the # of enemy creeps/heroes that gets caught in the push.
    Last edited by Fany; 01-28-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Account Icon
    love teh concept but the skills are not so great...

change the ultimate to "fly' or "cloud jump"
    we are all gonna make it

Account Icon
    great, you credit the artist to the artwork, likely without the artist's blessing

now let's see some credit to these guild wars spell icons that everybody keeps using
    Last edited by lupercaleb; 12-05-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Account Icon
    I kinda like him, I think he's quite unique, also his first spell is like a better version of my monk hero I posted a while back. It's awesome.

I'd say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomKing View Post
    I kinda like him, I think he's quite unique, also his first spell is like a better version of my monk hero I posted a while back. It's awesome.

I'd say yes.
    wow we do have similiar first spell. I also like the other spells you have and voted yes for him.

I guess this means my spell needs a massive nerf.

Account Icon
    I love the idea, but don't see the point in the 10% miss on the ultimate. Just enough to cause lucky misses that cause people to rage, not effective or neccessary :P

1st skill should probably be aimable, there's no real reason to make it rely on gimpy turning mechanics like demonhands. Also, I think instead of 60*units pushed you mean more like 0.6*units pushed, which is still a ridiculous 600ish damage line nuke from melee range, don't think that's what you intended. Maybe 0.4 or someithing.
    3rd skill...this is just my opinion, but cooldown-based (Jereziah's cleave) beats proc%-based (Chronos) design-wise.
    Ult is kind of generic, got no better ideas but eh.

I kind of like it though. Got a bit of a pebbles/andro/devourer thing going on with a portal key.

Account Icon
    Nice idea overall, but a few things on the skills:
    Monkey Combat- "Enemy he is engaging in combat with" What does that mean exactly? 17% chance on attack to tp and deal bonus damage? 17% chance when he is hit to tp and do bonus damage? When exactly is the chance to proc?
    "The opposite side to the opponent" Where is this? behind? then say behind, its less ambiguous. if its not behind then where?
    Monky Temple - As stated before by someone else, the 10% miss chance is not really necessary, except for making people rage with lucky misses. Also missing details, such as cast range, how often it attacks with sword/spear and archers? Total possible damage? The temple attacks all those within its own melee range? Does that mean it hits all in its melee range for the same amount of damage each, or will it deal more to one target and less to another inside the melee range?
    Dont really like your ulti, no offense, the monkey king kinda image from buddism seems more like a troublemaker when fighting then to be able to summon a temple. For an acceptable summary, search Sun Wukong in Wikipedia. I do like the concept though so its a yes vote from me.

I think by "opposite side" he means, if you hit them in the front you'll jump to their back like a nighthound pounce with a stab, and if you hit them in the back (while chasing) you'll jump in front of them so you can staffpoke them back the way they came (into your team.)

Now that I think of it, the Monkey King jumped quite a long way attempting to escape the Buddha's palm, so unless you really want that ult as it is you could let him have a largescale blink-stun or similar instead. Maybe that'd make him too easy to use, but valkyrie sorta gets away with it.

Balanced and updated skills description.
    Reworked Original ULT.
    Thinking of a new ULT so ppl have a choice.

Original ULT updated again.

Account Icon
    Me like-y. T-up.

I like! Gimmegimme Monkey King. T-up!

Please check out Aresiel 2.0 also :P Give suggestions and ideas.
    Check out my suggestions!
    Heroes

Aseriel v2.0 -The Anti-Carry Hero! (DREAM)
    -meant to counter auto-attack orbwalkers/blinking carrys and invi heroes. (eg. Magebane).

Please vote, rate and suggest, Thx!
    Also, PM me if you need feedback. I'll be glad to help.
    [F4F]

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I love the concept! T-UP!

monkey bump

Like the idea, but ult seems somewhat OP
    Check out my suggestions:
    Raze, Magus of Elements:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=108322
    Elizabeth, Countess of Blood:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=96429
    Mortanius, Master of Dementia: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=107341

Account Icon
    Damn...awesome way to suck up to S2 devs...Make more monkey heroes(omg their trade mark is a Gorilla head!)...Like we don't have enough monkeys in the game... If this goes on HoN will go bananas (a pun) and we should make a poll on- lets rename hon to "Good Monkeys vs Bad Monkeys!"