+ The primary focus of this patch is to continue to diversify our hero pool, making each hero exciting and different to play. The secondary focus of the patch is continuing to make Heroes of Newerth the most balanced MOBA in the world both in the competitive scene and the public scene.
+ The rune spawning in the middle helps to enforce action and overall more enjoyment in the mode, have a good time! The gold changes to Mid-Wars makes it so the same amount of total gold is given to your team but also spread more evenly between your allies.
- Picking phase has been changed so every player gets 1 Blind Ban instead of Blue and Pink getting 3 Blind Bans each
- Flat Hero bounty decreased from 400 to 300
- Assist gold increased from 50% to 100% of the Hero bounty
- Hero bounty per level decreased from 10 to 7
- Hero bounty gold per streak decreased from 100 to 75
- Rune spawn location has been moved much closer to the middle
New Picking Mode: Captain's Pick
+ For this HoNTour season we will be using a more classic style but with an increase in speed to decrease much of the downtime. Increased Extra Time will allow Captains to not feel too cramped for time.
- Will be using in all competitive games along with Tournament Rules, replacing Lock Pick
- Relies heavily on the Captains of each team picking and counter-picking wisely
* Captains ban or pick one hero at a time
* The order goes: 2 bans, 3 picks, 3 bans, 2 picks
- Added a new "Tournament Stats" tab to the "View Statistics" screen
* This will display any recent events the player has participated in using the HoNTour automated tournament system
== Heroes ==
The following Heroes are now allowed in Tournament Rules games:
- Prisoner 945
- Sir Benzington
The following Heroes are no longer allowed in Tournament Rules games:
+ Allowing Sear to apply on ability use will no longer force Accursed into auto attacking in order to gain the benefits of his passive.
- Cauterize: Now applies Sear debuff to enemies and Sear Buff to Allies
- Fire Shield: When it explodes, it now applies Sear buff to Allies and Sear debuff to Enemies in the radius
- Flame Consumption: Now applies Sear buff to yourself on use
+ Artillery now focuses as a long range ability carry. He has three extremely long range abilities that either become harder to hit or less effective the closer you are to Artillery. To help keep his focus on abilities instead of auto attacks, his attack range has also been decreased.
- Reduced starting Attack Range from 550 to 450
- LRM: Range decreased from 1500 to 1200
- LRM: Damage changed from 15 plus 7/14/21/28% of Attack Damage to 12 plus 7/14/21/28% of Attack Damage
- LRM: Increased missiles shot per second from 4 to 6. Missiles no longer shoot in a perfectly straight line and deal AOE damage on impact
- Fragmentation Shells: Completely reworked. Now called Mortar Shot
* Mortar Shot: Shoots a Mortar in a targeted area that deals 100/140/180/220 Magic damage and slows. This ability can be used while channeling LRM
- Bunker Down: Completely reworked. Now called Special Ammunition
* Special Ammunition: Increases cast range of all abilities by 200/400/600/800 and adds an additional 15% move speed slow to all abilities
- Artillery Barrage: Completely reworked. Now called Homing Missile
* Homing Missile: Now single target ability that will follow its target no matter what. On impact, deals 200/250/300 Magic damage and stuns for a duration determined by how far the missile has traveled, up to a max of 4 seconds
+ Focusing more on a physical presence and removing the awkwardness that happens when players go magic immune against Berzerker.
- Chain Spike: No longer gets removed by Magic Immunity, but will be removed by Physical Immunity
+ Faster than light? Blitz can now reach speeds no other hero in the game can reach when using Quicken. Try not to lose focus of where you are at!
- Increased Base Movement Speed from 315 to 330
- Quicken: Now passively increases the Movement Speed cap for Blitz by 20/40/60/80
- Pilfering: Lowered Cast Time from 1 second to .6 seconds
* This does not change how quickly you cast Pilfering, just the total Casting Time
+ Corrupted Conduit now has a much better use by only allowing it to be disabled by range. This allows better interaction between Corrupted Disciple and his enemies with Corrupted Conduit.
- Increased starting damage by 3
- Corrupted Conduit: Casttype changed from Magic to Physical
- Corrupted Conduit: Reduced Cast Action Time from 500 to 400
- Corrupted Conduit: Now can only be removed by getting out of he 700 range
* Shrunken Head, going invulnerable, etc. will no longer remove this skill
+ Focusing Cthulhuphant as more of a jungler with a presence to come out and wreak havoc!
- Hook'em: Mana Cost reduced from 80 to 75
- Hook'em: Cooldown reduced from 60/50/40/30 to 40/35/30/25
+ Essences will now boost Dampeer's Bloodthirst, giving him more carry power!
- Bloodthirst: Each Essence now grants a bonus 10 Attack Speed
+ Slightly increasing the length of time between when Deadwood can Willowmaker a target. Sounds minor, but those 15 seconds make a big difference in the early levels.
- Willowmaker: Increased cooldown from 85/75/65 to 100/85/70
+ These changes are to address his early game difficulties - being too fragile - before learning Ludicrous Speed. More durable, faster movement, and longer vision from Magnetic Contraption all help him.
- Starting Strength increased from 17 to 19
- Base Movement Speed increased from 295 to 305
- Magnetic Contraption: Lifetime increased from 12 to 16 seconds
+ Allows Corpse Explosion to have some uses even when Gravekeeper doesn't have a corpse to use it on.
- Corpse Explosion: Increased damage from 30/50/70/90 (per corpse) Magic Damage to 60 + 20/40/60/80 (per corpse) Magic Damage
+ Allowed Demonic Shield to act like other self-shields: by being unable to be removed. Having trouble keeping your target in Lethal Range? Try the new Grappling Shot that attaches you to the target!
- Demonic Shield: Can no longer be Dispelled or Transferred/Stolen
- Lethal Range: Bonus Base Damage when you are within 200 range of your target increased from +20/30/40/50% to +30/45/60/75%
- Grappling Shot: Now grants vision and Restrains the target for 3 seconds
* Restrained means the target cannot use blinks or Movement-based abilities
- Grappling Shot: Now attaches Gunblade to the target for 3 seconds
* Using Grappling Shot again will disengage you from the target
+ Allowed Stasis Smash to get full effect on the primary target even if it breaks early. Removed a button click for Mass Control and made it easier to target the location you are looking for.
- Stasis Smash: Will now deal the full Magic Damage to the primary target when activating it again to drop them early
- Mass Control: On use, will pick up the closest 3,5,7 things in 1,000 radius rather than the target area
- Mass Control: Cast Range of second activation increased from 600 to 750
+ Focusing Lord Salforis to be a better anti-healer. Mors Certissima will no longer be hard countered by Magic Armor and also reducing healing on targets. Dark Lord's Presence will now steal regeneration from targets instead of just gaining a static amount (you will still steal regeneration from targets that have Undying). Adjusted some values with Undying for better usability.
- Mors Certissima: Health regained by the target decreased from 20/40/60/80 Health over 5 seconds to 20% of damage done over 5 seconds
- Mors Certissima: Now also reduces Healing the target receives by 50% for 5 seconds
* This only affects healing, not Health Regeneration
- Dark Lord's Presence: No longer gives Health Regeneration based on enemies around you. Instead, it now steals 50% Regeneration from enemies around you with a max of 127 hp/sec
- The Undying: Cast type changed from Magic to Superior Magic
- The Undying: Increased duration from 10 to 12 seconds
- The Undying: Decreased cast action time from 400ms to 350ms
- The Undying: No longer grants you a soul when the target dies. This effect has been moved to a Staff of the Master upgrade
- The Undying(SotM): Enslaves the target's soul when they die under the effects of The Undying. The Soul has 1 charge for every 100 Max Health of the Hero that died. Each charge grants Salforis 5 damage and 2 Attack Speed. Using the ability again will consume the charges. Each charge heals you for 50 hit points (Thus you can heal for half of the target's Max Health)
+ Decreasing his suicide potential by significantly increasing his Mana Cost.
- Rocket Drill: Mana Cost increased from 100 to 120
+ Martyr is steered even more towards his harder to kill support role.
- Starting Strength increased from 20 to 21
- Strength gain increased from 2.1 to 2.4
- Intelligence gain decreased from 2.6 to 2.4
+ This small change can help to not miss as many Flurries.
- Flurry: Push time increased from 250 ms to 300 ms
+ Gore now deals Physical Damage to match up with Swarm. Flight also becomes much more usable.
- Flight: Increased duration by 5 seconds
- Flight: Now grants Unitwalking to Pestilence
- Gore: Chance increased from 10/15/20/25% to 25% at all levels
- Gore: Damage rescaled from 40/50/60/70 to 20/40/60/80
- Gore: Damage Type changed from Magical to Physical
- Gore: Stun duration decreased from 1 second to 0.55/0.7/0.85/1 seconds
- Swarm: Armor reduction increased from 5/10/15 to 6/12/18
+ Lowering Rally's laning presence to make him less of a soloer and directing him more towards Anti-Armor.
- Battle Experience: Armor Ignore from 20/30/40/50% to 15/30/45/60%
- Battle Experience: Removed passive Attack Damage
+ Helps greatly in preventing The Chains that Bind from ending early when his target has a Tablet used on them.
- The Chains that Bind: Break Range increased from 500 to 575 units
+ Harkon's gives Magic Damage on attack but what about Superior Magic damage? Ravenor's got you covered along with a significant boost to Power Overwhelming's overall potential.
- Power Overwhelming: Now causes attacks to do 100% Superior Magic damage
- Power Overwhelming: Charge cap increased from 60/90/120 to 120. Charges gained when hitting Heroes decreased from 4/6/8 to 4
- Power Overwhelming: Bonus Damage cap increased from 60/90/120 to 120/180/240. Bonus Movement Speed cap increased from 60/90/120 to 90/120/150
- Power Overwhelming: Charges lost every second increased from 5 to 8
+ Getting Manifestation's double-cast at level 11 takes a little too long, but getting it at level 6 is a little too quick. How about level 8.
- Manifestation: Level requirements lowered from 6/11/16 to 4/8/12
+ Salomon now brings wishes of the Djinn in the form of Wealth, Power, and Vengeance. This will allow Salomon to achieve high GPMs while having some scaling into the late game.
- Djinn Blast: Completely reworked. Now called Cosmic Cleave
* Cosmic Cleave: Dual ability. Can be cast both Close (Q) and Far (W). On use, deals (50% of your Attack Damage + 30/60/90/120) Magic Damage in front of you and slows for 15%. If you quickly hit the same target with the other Cosmic Cleave, the slow is increased to 25%.
- Sacred grounds: Completely reworked. Now called Winds of the Djinn
* Winds of the Djinn: Passively increases nearby allies Attack Speed by 10/15/20/25. Activate to grant nearby Allies 20/30/40/50 Attack Speed for 10 seconds
- Guardian Spirit: Completely reworked. Now called Wish for Wealth
* Wish for Wealth: Passively gain 3/4/5/6 bonus gold for a creep kill. Killing creeps builds stacking charges that gives a bonus 1/2/3/4 gold per charge. Charges last 30 seconds. Max of 30 bonus gold
- Last Wish: Completely reworked. Now called Wish for Revenge
* Wish for Revenge: On use, transforms you into an Avatar of Revenge. Avatar has 1100/1700/2300 Health and all new abilities. 30/50/70 Health is drained per second while active. When Avatar's health reaches 0, Salomon reverts back to his normal self
- Avatar of Revenge
* Flaming Cleave: On use, instantly does a cleaving attack in front of you that deals (50% of your Attack Damage + 150/250/350) Physical Damage
* Golden Sword: Passively grants nearby allies 10/15/20/25 Attack Speed and applies a 20% Movement Speed Slow to Enemies you attack
* Avenging Leap: Target an enemy unit to leap to them, dealing 50/100/150 Magic Damage and stunning them for 1.25 seconds
* Phenomenal Cosmic Powers!: Can only be used when the Avatar of Revenge is under 30% health. Activate to unleashes 8 Spheres of Phenomenal Cosmic Power for 3 seconds that spiral out from you, dealing Magic Damage as they pass through Enemies and then exploding. On use the Avatar of Revenge returns to his itty-bitty living space, reverting Salomon back to his normal self
+ Slightly bringing back her jungle ability, which went a little too low with our last change.
- Graceful Strikes: Daytime Attack Damage Bonus increased from 25/40/55/70 to 35/45/55/65
+ A hero with a lot of utility that could be tuned down a notch. Removing the ability to deny at level 1 was the win-win change, since it also removes a lot of annoyances that players have when playing against the hero.
- Elemental: Level 1 of this ability can no longer be used on Allied units
+ A nice touch to Lightning Storm so Thunderbringer doesn't always feel like he never has it ready in the late game.
- Lightning Storm: Cooldown decreased from 120 to 120/110/100
+ Removing the annoying parts of the Terror Mounds for both sides. Terror Mounds are harder to see so Tremble won't find heroes always killing them, but also made them much easier to kill so Enemy players are no longer attacking them for 2 minutes straight.
- Terror Mounds: Maximum number you can have active at the same time has been lowered from 3/5/7/9 to 2/4/6/8
- Terror Mounds: Now permanently Invisible
- Terror Mounds: No longer block Neutral spawns
- Terror Mounds: The Gold Bounty has been increased from 25/30/35/40 to 35/40/45/50 Gold
- Terror Mounds: Large health pool removed and instead they now take 4/4/5/6 Attacks to kill
+ Allowing greater potential to set up fights with Valkyrie's Prism.
- Valkyrie's Prism: Duration increased from 7/9/11 to 10/13/16 seconds
+ Making Vindicator's Glyph of Silence more usable before fights start.
- Glyph of Silence: Aura radius increased from 800 to 1000
- Glyph of Silence: The Glyph can now move at 100 Movement Speed
+ Wondering why your Spirit Ward stopped attacking? It was probably turning! This change will allow the Spirit Ward to acquire targets much faster. Also made Staff of the Master grant more bounces instead of split shot. This will allow for some epic bounces to Enemies!
- Spirit Ward: Turn Rate increased from 360 to 900
- Spirit Ward (SotM): Increased number of bounces from 0/1/0 to 0/1/2 and removed Split Shot
== Items ==
+ This price decrease goes along with the increased cost to Mystic Vestments in order to not increase the overall price of Barrier Idol
- Recipe Cost decreased from 1000 to 900
+ Increasing the length of time and resources spent for such a cost effective item. Even with this change it remains one of the most cost effective items in the game.
- Cost increased from 400 to 500
+ This change is to decrease the value of fully using a Shrunken Head, selling it, and then re-buying it. Players are still able to do so, but at an increased cost.
- Sell value decreases by 100 Gold every time it is used, to a max of -500 Gold
== New Content ==
- Added new Predator Ultimate Alt Avatar: Nightmare Predator
* The war between the Legion and Hellbourne has spread to the deepest corners of Caldavar, and they have trespassed upon the territory of Tikbalang the Nightmare Predator! Build this Ultimate Predator with the following items to get the listed effects: Behemoth's Heart: Shoulder spikes
* Elder Parasite: Spine and tendrils
* Brutalizer/Shieldbreaker/Insanitarius: Bloody footstep effects and Ability 1 causes organs/blood to splatter
* Boots: Leg veins
* Bulwark/Breastplate: Horns on head
* Ice/Fire/Dawn: Larger claws and arm spikes
* Releases on 7/26/2013
- Added new Salomon Alt Avatar: Djinn Salomon
* Salomon has rescued his beloved Djinn from the spirit realm and imbued her with his newfound powers to battle the Hellbourne and the Nine Kings of the Great Waste!
* Releases on 7/26/2013
- Added new Pestilence Alt Avatar: Swarm Pestilence
* When the brood swarm of a Pestilence has grown strong enough the insects begin to overtake the flesh of their master. Swarm Pestilence is slowly being devoured by his own hatchlings, but it has only made him stronger!
* Releases on 7/31/2013
- Added new Gold Edition Chronos Alt Avatar: Ghatotkacha
* Ghatotkacha's unmatched powers have led him to victory in countless battles, and his dark magic would be a welcome addition to the Hellbourne ranks. Lucky for Newerth he chooses to use his mystical abilities and giant golden mace to help the Legion!
* Releases on 8/2/2013
- Added new Lord Salforis Alt Avatar: Baron of Blackwal
* Even the dead soldiers and enslaved souls who follow Lord Salforis quake when he dons his Baron of Blackwal armor, for they may be forced into its plate and mail to protect their Lord and welcome the souls he harvests upon the field of battle.
* Releases on 8/5/2013
- Added new Ravenor Alt Avatar: Rift Ravenor
* The Great Rift continues to expand on the slope of Krula, plundering heroes from Newerth and returning them forever altered. The horrific Rift Ravenor was expelled from the chaotic realm because he and the giant eye that commands him didn't care who or what they tortured and killed--Riftspawn or Hunters--though now he prefers the way the humans and beasts scream.
* Releases on 8/7/2013
- Added new Artillery Alt Avatar: Gorilla Warfare Artillery
* The revolution is here, and Gorilla Warfare Artillery is just the soldier to lead it! With one finger on the trigger and one in the face of authority, he's spearheading the new war against the status quo.
* Releases on 8/9/2013
- Added new Blitz Alt Avatar: Flash Blitz
* Justice is now a lot faster in Newerth! Flash Blitz and his bladed bolo are cutting a swath through the Hellbourne armies, and he's back in his tent with a well-deserved beverage before the bodies hit the dirt.
* Releases on 8/12/2013
== Bots ==
- Added an AttackMinions behavior, code by community member Anakonda!
- Added in several common items, code by community member DarkFire!
* Fixed a bug with porting bots returning to the base
* Added in logic to correctly calculate travel time with a posthaste port
* Added Logger's Hatchet use
* Added Bottle, Mana Battery, Power Supply, and Mana Potion use
- Rhapsody Bot Updated
* Removed an unnecessary for loop
* Added minor sanity checking
* Fixed an issue with RhapsodyBot not being able to activate her Shrunken Head
- API changes
* Added 3 functions for creep score:
* Fixed GetSlot() returning the inventory slot (0-60) instead of the backpack slot (1-12)
* core.ValidateItems now used by the FindItems code. This function now nils items if they aren't in your backpack
== Bug Fixes and Optimizations ==
- Added in the Gotars and Ebulas where needed
- Artesia fixed in Duplicate Mode
- Optimizations have been made to improve start times (Reduced start times 50%+ in testing)
- Fixed the forward and back buttons for the replay controller
- Fixed time input boxes for the replay controller
- Gemini no longer gains cliff and tree walking longer than intended when recombining
- Creeps and Kongor are no longer wearing party outfits
Last edited by Trugo; 08-12-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Reason: Fixed broken color tag