Thread: HoNinfo - The Heroes of Newerth Android app

HoNinfo - The Heroes of Newerth Android app

This is going to be the main thread of the HoNinfo app.

Finally, you can have your favorite heroes on your Android device!
    The HoNinfo app, developed by me and Jeroz (design) is released!
    At the moment, the app downloads all of the game's heroes and their skills (and pet skills where applicable!) and displays them on a nice, touchscreen-centric UI.
    The data is available offline, and you can sort heroes by release date (newest first) or alphabetically, as well as quickly and easily search by name.

Downloads here:

Planned features: Guides, filters, ladders, player and match info, and maybe more!

Changelog:
    1.0 - Initial release
    Last edited by RazielXYZ; 07-02-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Umm... I don't wanna be rude, but I don't see the point of this?, why not just use your browser?

I was gonna take a screenshot of the website's hero list in my phone's browser, but the browser keeps crashing when I try to open that page. Sooooo, yeah. Basically, this is far better optimized for a touchscreen interface, and also lets you see all the info without an internet connection if you've already got it once.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by RazielXYZ View Post
    I was gonna take a screenshot of the website's hero list in my phone's browser, but the browser keeps crashing when I try to open that page. Sooooo, yeah. Basically, this is far better optimized for a touchscreen interface, and also lets you see all the info without an internet connection if you've already got it once.
    Hmm... Well I guess that's just because your phone is **** then,

However why this isn't a better option?
    1. On the browser, no advertisement
    2. You don't need to pay for it.

Account Icon
    better interface for touch interface, better response rate, offline access, faster start up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroz View Post
    better interface for touch interface, better response rate, offline access, faster start up.
    In addition, using the app instead of the website decreases the likelihood that you will go on to the HoN forums and come across rude posts with dark and edgy signatures.