Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: LEVEL 1 DENY (Tempest, Parasite, Cthuluphant)

View Poll Results: What changes should be made ??

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bring back Cthuluphant and Parasite deny

    37 50.68%
  • Remove Tempest level 1 deny

    21 28.77%
  • none

    15 20.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1

    LEVEL 1 DENY (Tempest, Parasite, Cthuluphant)

    denying your long lane can decide if your suicide hero will be level 1 for a long time or if he will manage to do fine!


    so currently one of the best heroes if not the best ingame still haste this ability (Tempest) others like Parasite or Cthuluphant have had it removed

    i think either Tempest needs to be changed aswell so that he can only deny at level 3 (this would be a somehow needed nerf that doesnt change his gameplay)

    or what i personally would like most if you bring back the level 1 deny for Parasite and Cthuluphant which could also make them viable as a suicide hero (this would be at least a step in the right direction to make Cthuluphant a viable pick)


    let me know what you think of these ideas and vote pls
    Last edited by YOLOLUDWIG; 06-10-2013 at 07:58 PM.

  2. #2
    Lvl 1 deny was taken from parasite and elephant for a reason. A good reason in my opinion. I don't understand why a hero like tempest still has it. Removing the deny seems only logical to me.

    i would talk about the bad things about LoL but the list would be so long that i could write a couple books plus an encyclopedia about it.

  3. #3
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    14,239
    Quote Originally Posted by LowRid3r` View Post
    Lvl 1 deny was taken from parasite and elephant for a reason. A good reason in my opinion. I don't understand why a hero like tempest still has it. Removing the deny seems only logical to me.
    It wasn't taken from them, they never had it. Cthulhuphant even only got the option to use his W on allied creeps a couple patches after he was introduced.

    Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

    Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

    -----------------------------


  4. #4
    i have to agree with you level 1 deny is really op in the "suicide hero" meta game but there is still another easy way to easy lane control for your suicider which is creep pulling (keeper , warbeast , wildsoul etc) so if you remove the level 1 deny completely these other heroes that can creep pull would be come more imbalanced and also there would be less diversity in strategies this is why i personally would like to see level 1 deny back on cthuluphant back to play him as successfull suicide hero

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    It wasn't taken from them, they never had it. Cthulhuphant even only got the option to use his W on allied creeps a couple patches after he was introduced.
    ofc you could hook/infest your own creep at level 1 when these heroes came out

  6. #6
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    14,239
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOLUDWIG View Post
    ofc you could hook/infest your own creep at level 1 when these heroes came out
    No, Cthulhuphant never could use his ability onto allied creeps, until S2 decided that it was making it too impractical for him to gain a shield before a fight, then they added that part to the ability.

    Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

    Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

    -----------------------------


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    No, Cthulhuphant never could use his ability onto allied creeps, until S2 decided that it was making it too impractical for him to gain a shield before a fight, then they added that part to the ability.
    if youre not 100 % sure dont spread wrong facts... parasite and ctulu had lvl 1 deny, thats why they were even used as suicide heroes themselves.

  8. #8
    okay halfway you are right! when he came out first he had no deny ability at all, then as you mentioned they allowed him to be able to hook your own creeps , but then there was a patch where they removed the level 1 deny only for cthul and parasite , but not tempest ....

  9. #9
    I think it's a great mechanic, and here is why:

    Being able to deny for the long lane opens up a lot more viable options for suicide heroes. No longer are you forced to restrict the suicide role for heroes who can get experience with a pushed lane and still have an escape if he goes to far up. Starting with a pushed back lane, and by playing smart, in reality any hero has the ability to gain extra levels on the lane and it opens up the possibility for roaming suicide heroes that can get level three really early and impact the middle lane.

    Now, if suicides are too strong, that's another question. But I'm all for picking a specific jungler that can open up the ability to have more heroes run suicide.
    |̸̊̇͋̾̿̀͜҉̖̜̰̰̺̪̳̞̦͙̻̪́ͅ|̼̜̬̙​̼̰̳͈͐̏͒̇͌͂͌̋ͧ͂̈́͛͂ͧ͋ ̓͜|̸͎̱̝̦̤̋​̌ͩ́͆̏̃ͯͭ͌͋ͫ͛̇̌͑̚͠

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LowRid3r` View Post
    Lvl 1 deny was taken from parasite and elephant for a reason. A good reason in my opinion. I don't understand why a hero like tempest still has it. Removing the deny seems only logical to me.
    dogkaiser said heroes like tempest lose time jungling with level 1 deny.. (tempest doesnt at all); that's why parasite's was taken away at least

    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOLUDWIG View Post
    okay halfway you are right! when he came out first he had no deny ability at all, then as you mentioned they allowed him to be able to hook your own creeps , but then there was a patch where they removed the level 1 deny only for cthul and parasite , but not tempest ....
    you realize what tempests ability does, right?

  11. #11
    You're forgetting about Plague Rider... He's not often used anymore due to his reliance on staying in the top lane, but his deny is really powerful and that adds up to Tempest, and PR who can deny the long lane.


    I really think we should add cthulu to the list but keep para off.
    Prophet for profit. BGOD

  12. #12
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brazil. Yes, I'm a BR game ruiner..... whatever.
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonBlack` View Post
    dogkaiser said heroes like tempest lose time jungling with level 1 deny.. (tempest doesnt at all); that's why parasite's was taken away at least
    So.... they took away a good point of the hero just to buff it?? Makes 0 sense. Also, you don't lose that much time. And last, even if you do lose it, you are intending to aid your team, which is the preferred choice in the new "gank/teamfight oriented 3.2 meta".


    As for phant..... he farms a lot better in lane than in jungle. Aid his lane, not his jungle, and give back the lvl 1 deny.

  13. #13
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    539
    i agree with you OP to some point, like you cant get rid of everything, how is pulling the creepwave with wildsoul not different than a deny ?
    you cant remove everything that is frustrating

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Imakuni View Post
    So.... they took away a good point of the hero just to buff it?? Makes 0 sense. Also, you don't lose that much time. And last, even if you do lose it, you are intending to aid your team, which is the preferred choice in the new "gank/teamfight oriented 3.2 meta".
    I'm saying his reasoning for nerfing parasite was completely ridiculous. He claimed that tempest loses time in the jungle by denying for his team and as I said before he literally loses ZERO time.

    tldr; parasite nerf was stupid and unnecessary

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    No, Cthulhuphant never could use his ability onto allied creeps, until S2 decided that it was making it too impractical for him to gain a shield before a fight, then they added that part to the ability.
    My memory fails me, but according to the hero spotlight "Hook'em: Cast on any non-ancient creep..."
    You are all I long for, all I worship and adore.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonBlack` View Post
    I'm saying his reasoning for nerfing parasite was completely ridiculous. He claimed that tempest loses time in the jungle by denying for his team and as I said before he literally loses ZERO time.

    tldr; parasite nerf was stupid and unnecessary
    Funny thing is, the level 1 deny even helps Tempest, because it allows him to trigger a spell from catman champions/vagabond leaders/minotaurs right as the elementals wear off.


    Quote Originally Posted by Supremacy View Post
    Dude, Chevrolet and Subaru totally copied the ideas of having tires from Ford.

  17. #17
    Plauge Rider can also denie at level 1. I see no one crying about that.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
    Plauge Rider can also denie at level 1. I see no one crying about that.
    Plague's E has this purpose tho. It can only kill (deny) allied creeps. Also, unlike Tempest, Plague Rider CANNOT JUNGLE. Please use your brain before you post on these forums.
    You are all I long for, all I worship and adore.

  19. #19
    Online
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,096
    I never understood why they removed/not added it from lvl 1 para and ctu and kept it on tempest. For me tempest and para are the same both great junglers and seen alot in comp. play. Only difference is that tempest can suicide as well now but don't think he will suddenly disapear from the scene if the lvl 1 deny was removed. Especialy in pubs it is more seens as an cool extra.

    For ctu it would become the buff that makes him insta comp viable, he has en escape + is tanky so already able to suicide but this buff would make him top tier. One could say broken tier.

    Would love see the denie team with para temp ctu and pr insta denying an entire wave (beside archer) at the suicide lane. Even though laning might be a problem after that ( para could solo mid temp woods pr suicide ctu laning).
    www.BattleofNewerth.org is back!

  20. #20
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    14,239
    I just deleted a couple of posts in this thread. Please refrain from derailing this thread and keep it on topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeCrime View Post
    if youre not 100 % sure dont spread wrong facts... parasite and ctulu had lvl 1 deny, thats why they were even used as suicide heroes themselves.
    I actually went and checked, and it seems like that's true. Don't know why I was so convinced that Cthulhu never had it. Sorry for the confusion.

    Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

    Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

    -----------------------------


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •