Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Bot Tournament Shoutcasted this Sunday (5/19)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff

Bot Tournament Shoutcasted this Sunday (5/19)

Over the last two weeks, the University of Helsinki's AI For Games class in Helsinki, Finland has been hard at work creating Bots for Heroes of Newerth! As the class wraps up it has held a final tournament to showcase the AI they've developed, and have a little fun at the same time.

We at S2 Games find this all incredibly Awesome, and have provided prizes the top teams, as well as swag for everyone involved.

Check out the stream at 3 pm CET (9 am EST) on Twitch.TV to see the tournament shoutcasted. Watch the action, the passion, and the ingenuity!

1st Place
    3,000 gold coins each
    A Cthulhuphant plushie for each member~!

2nd Place
    1,500 gold coins each

3rd Place
    750 gold coins each

Everyone Involved
    A ballin' HoN 3.0 T-shirt!

Also check us out on the Bot Forums to create bots of your own!

Special thanks to berberi and the other instructors, as well as everyone who participated.

Update: Berberi informs me that their shoutcaster is sick, and that they are delaying the cast until Sunday at the same time.
    Last edited by Ninja101; 05-18-2013 at 11:16 AM.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ahhahahaha.
    I want to see that.
    Hardcore player. Always improve his gameplay. Never rage against anyone than himself for being weak.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This should be quite entertaining
    Kongor: The King of Kings

Neat.

Suggestion : An additional 1337 Gold Coins for anyone who coded his bots to do smacktricks.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    That's a really nice incentive S2! Gz to all involved, it was worth even for that t-shirt

Compare HoN with other moba games at the HoN Rosetta Stone
    Want to make your own HoN DVD? Click here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    oh wow, that sounds quite interesting.

This series would be so fun for 2 reasons: they could showcase some intelligent AI that we didn't think is possible, or the intelligence is so bad that they could do crazy highlight-worthy stuff.

Whoa this is actually pretty cool. Hopefully we can see some good strats organized. Might lead into implementation to practice against specific strats.

This is really cool. Hope this turns out well

I WANT A CTHULHUPHANT PLUSHY TOO!!! But this a great idea and a great event, I have been waiting for this ever since bots got introduced into the game, go S2
    Sir Benzington Full Gameplay up on my Channel!

I don't know man. I wonder if it is as exciting as watching a real player plays. I mean they are just bot not real people.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by KawaiChan View Post
    I don't know man. I wonder if it is as exciting as watching a real player plays. I mean they are just bot not real people.
    This must be even more exciting and funny if bots play aggressively.

Account Icon
    all 10 of them would probably use their skills at the same time, gonna be hilarious!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Well why weren't these cool bots included in todays patch?

This looks cool.

But what would be cooler is a custom map showcase.

Maliken posted not so long ago that custom maps are currently not on their to-do list on won't be a part of the game in the near future (rephrased, can't find the post).
    Hi =)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hope were gonna see something a human cant do, like the Trapper of the forst or Trappergore

I was one of the organizers. The course lasted two weeks and first week was 1v1 mirror matches with MQ, Plague and Rampage. According the results the second week 5v5 brackets were formed.

I like the overall result when thinking that API was new to students and also game mechanics for some of them (not all were HoN or moba players).

I hope honcast will shoutcast this ^^

One of our casters has a nasty flu, so stream is postponed with 24h. So see you tomorrow, sorry for the delay.

Oh splendid